5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Literature Class!
I would highly recommend for children entering a literature class. I purchased this for my son after reading a previous review. Has great overviews, commentaries, character descriptions/roles and the best part is for the acts they have the definitions in the margins for a quick reference. Perfect and very well organized. Highly recommend.
Published on September 1, 2011 by Britty

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the book described here.
This book description does NOT match the book pictured here that I ordered. This copy of Macbeth has NO notes, no illustrations, no background info, no commentary or reading lists...NOTHING. It is just the play text and nothing more. When I looked back at my account order and clicked the "Look Inside" link I saw this
"Just so you know...
This view is of the...
Published on April 14, 2012 by Donna S

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the book described here., April 14, 2012
This review is from: Macbeth (Paperback)
"Just so you know...
This view is of the Paperback edition (2009) from Oxford University Press, USA. The Paperback edition (2011) from Simon & Brown that you originally viewed is the one you'll receive if you click the Add to Cart button on the left."
So be careful what you order - this is very deceiving! I will be returning this Macbeth for the more helpful Oxford University Press copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Literature Class!, September 1, 2011
Britty (Frederick, MD) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Academic success., April 2, 2013
This review is from: Macbeth: Oxford School Shakespeare (Paperback)
I'm surprised at the organization and "extras" that are in this book. It's helping me out more than I thought for my senior capstone paper for my English major. I also like that it's paperback and thin, with plenty of margins through the play to write a million notes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Macbeth, June 11, 2010
This review is from: Macbeth: Oxford School Shakespeare (Paperback)
The story is a tragedy but it is a very good read. One of Shakespeare's more serious works, it follows the exploits of the Scotsman Macbeth. It shows how greed can consume one's life and get them to do things they normally would be against. The play is, of course, written in Shakespearean English but the Oxford School Edition's annotations help you easily decipher all that is being said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 21, 2014
This review is from: Macbeth (Paperback)
It sure is a book

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 16, 2014
Great deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, January 8, 2014
This review is from: Macbeth: Oxford School Shakespeare (Paperback)
Purchased online before school started. Received it at a quick pace and it turned out to be exactly what the University store sells for the course.

Macbeth: Oxford School Shakespeare
Macbeth: Oxford School Shakespeare by William Shakespeare (Paperback - April 23, 2009)
$9.95 $9.16