Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

Price:$29.99+ $5.49 shipping

on October 7, 2014
I can truly attest that this bear spray does work on bears!! My brother and I were archery hunting for elk in Wyoming and were surprised by a grizzly sow and two cubs. She was only 20 feet away when we saw her and she charged us. I was able to retreat in time to get my spray and within 5 seconds she was on top of my brother and did bite him in the side. I sprayed her from a distance of about 6 feet and she immediately turned and ran off with her two cubs chasing her. It was very effective and my brother only suffered one puncture wound about the size of a quarter on his right side. Thank God for having my spray and the time to use it. Will be buying more for my next trip. Google Wyoming grizzly attack to check out the details! Thanks Mace!
22 comments20 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2013
This pepper spray could stop a charging bear at 35 feet. The slower bears (not counting Yogi) can run at about 30 mph. This translates to just about 44 feet per second. So when you predict you have about one second left to live, pulling a trigger might be harder than you think. Luckily, due to only living one more second before being mauled, you will exhibit superhuman like strength and snap the safety off just by looking at it. At that point, the trigger just needs to be pressed down. The entire contents of the can will then be expelled rapidly. As long as you are not so high on adrenaline you cant see straight and you actually hit the bear, you will have saved the day (read: your life), assuming the bear doesn't have a tail wind. If he does, you will effectively pepper spray yourself too, but that's a small price to pay for living to see another day and also to be able to go home and change your soiled pants.

I bought two, you never know when you might be attacked by a bear while returned to camp after being attacked by a bear.
44 comments37 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2010
Product is big, as expected, but doesn't come with a holster or anything to attach it to your belt
11 comment24 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2012
Okay well maybe not, but you never know. My primary reason for buying this brand is that it is "EPA tested" which means it can be shipped to California. This doesn't mean it is any less powerful than regular pepper spray or bear spray (my research is that most of this stuff is more or less the same, some people with swear by pepper spray vs mace but when it comes down to it, it still burns!). This hasn't been tested on a bear or any other creatures yet, but the container itself is large but compact enough to easily carry. The safety switch comes out easily and shouldn't be a problem to use, even under pressure. Pair this with the mace brand bear spray holder/belt clip and you will be perfectly set and hopefully protected!
0Comment13 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2010
Great product to keep dogs from crapping in your yard . . just spray it on some droppings or the area that got crapped on that the dog's owner never bagged (idiots); result - they'll never be back on your yard again!
55 comments30 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2015
Use this when I walk out in country. One dog in particular comes after me. One quick spray he's off yapping and rolling on the ground. Funny thing, next morning he's after me again. Dumb dog!!! I would suggest that you NOT SPRAY this product when wind is blowing toward you. This stuff really burns.
on June 19, 2014
after some research online, comparing the differences between the mace/pepper spray type products, reading several reviews and watching a few You Tube videos, Im stoked about the bear mace... this stuff has a 35 foot distance.. Hell, that puts me on one end of my large living room, and any unfortunate 'bear' still outside, and 5 feet from even entering the front door!! Say, even if the advertisers exaggerated a little: maybe you could count on only 20-25 feet spraying distance---that is still incredible!!
**and when I find someone who cant wait to test that theory, you can count on me to update this review with the results!!
on August 23, 2013
Took it to TN recently... thankfully most of the BEARS were friendly so didn't have to use it. Looks like it could do the job tho if need be. The canister is a lot bigger than I expected
on September 23, 2013
i use my bear mace for protection ,so i had to try it on my self, stupid idea it burns like fire and water dosent work that well...it was scary yall........
0Comment7 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2013
This product empties out very quickly, so be sure you hit the bear square in the face. I would not put my life on the line with only this product to defend myself.
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse