From the Publisher
From the Back Cover
A thorough and comprehensive book dealing with machine design that emphasizes both failure theory and analysis as well as emphasizing the synthesis and design aspects of machine elements. The book points out the commonality of the analytical approaches needed to design a wide variety of elements and emphasizes the use of computer-aided engineering as an approach to the design and analysis of these classes of problems.
- NEWThe text has been made independent of any software package.
- NEWTKSOLVER models of all examples and case studies are included in the CD-ROM.
- NEWUpdated MathCAD models of all examples and case studies are included in the CD-ROM.
- NEWAll examples and case studies have been redone, and some expanded to make their presentations more detailed.
- NEWThe numbers of problems has been increased by roughly 25%.
- NEWSome sections of the text have included augmented figures, discussion or explanation.
- May be used without the accompanying software and models with no detriment to understanding.
- May be used in conjunction with TKSOLVER models and programs provided on the CD-ROM.
- May be used in conjunction with the MathCAD models and engine provided on the CD-ROM.