Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Basic Machining Reference Handbook
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 20, 2011
I have just bought the first edition of the book and sincerely hope that the authors since corrected the misinformation and errors the first book contained.

The idea was a good one, indeed: "The intended purpose of the book is to serve as a comprehensive, yet easy-to-use, memory jog".

Let's start browsing the book in no particular order.

"Clamp work in the chuck and use left-hand toolbit for facing the end..."

"When machining even-numbered thread, any line on the thread dial can be used. When machining odd-numbered threads, the lever can be engaged only on odd numbered lines-1,3,5, etc."

"...feed the tool into the work 1/64 (0.064)in."

"[machining Morse #2 taper] Tailstock offset=0.64" or 1/16" "

All those were found within the first 3 minutes of browsing. Frankly, I'm not sure I want to continue reading the book. How about you?
on June 10, 2016
Came Quickly and was what we were looking for
on October 27, 2015
Has everything I needed to know.
on September 6, 2014
Just what I wanted
on December 31, 2012
I ordered this for my husband for Christmas and it came really fast and it looked like brand new. I was very pleased.
on December 18, 2012
This is a good book to have if you are doing any machining. It doesn't cover everything but it's helpful.