5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sparring
Light weight which enables you to move around. Not too heavy. This is definitely a must for those who practice a lot of contact sparring. I use it all the time for the JKD class.
Published 17 months ago by WWUHA

2.0 out of 5 stars Not durable for tournament winning level competitors.
Got this for my daughter. She did win state wearing this gear, but....

If you look at the picture, where it does not bulge out, the material is pretty thin (about 1mm thick), to allow for flexibility.
After 2 months in class and 1 tournament, a joint it the shoulder opened up along the seam.
2 more months and 1 more tournament, it tore after a...
Published 4 months ago by J. Leung

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sparring, July 22, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Macho, April 23, 2014
Exactly as described Very durable Great sparring protection. Delivery was super fast, I ordered on April 5, received on the 9th. I'm 5'8, 185lbs, an adult large fits good. No complaints so far, let's see how it holds up, time will tell

2.0 out of 5 stars Not durable for tournament winning level competitors., August 26, 2014
This review is from: Macho Sports / Martial Arts Chest Protector (Misc.)
Got this for my daughter. She did win state wearing this gear, but....

2 more months and 1 more tournament, it tore after a lateral kick that tore the middle/base along the seam.
It is now being held together with duct tape (which is ok for now, since the duct tape is stronger than the seams).
Looking for another replacement, that performs similarly, but is more durable.

When new, it was very nice because it was light weight and allowed good movement, however, the durability is not good enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thin, February 2, 2014
Bought this for my son and he feels its a little thin to spar in. I wouldn't recommend for anyone under ten.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready for Sparring?, November 5, 2014
Great! My son had it on during a karate tournament. It protected my son from getting hurt, he even got 3rd place. highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Looked small out of the box but fit was fine. It absorbed chest and kidney punches during self ..., October 25, 2014
Looked small out of the box but fit was fine. It absorbed chest and kidney punches during self defense class with little pain to body.

5.0 out of 5 stars The straps of the small fit a little better than the medium, August 14, 2014
I originally ordered a small, but I had to return it because the chest guard was too small for my son. The straps of the small fit a little better than the medium, so I just had to sew the straps a little shorter to get a better fit since I like the size of the medium chest guard better than the small. The chest guard is a little thinner than I expected, but it is lightweight and works for my son's current level. Once my son gets higher than his current orange belt and needs more protection for higher impact, I will look for a chest guard that is a little thicker since he does compete in tournaments. Overall, this is a great LIGHTWEIGHT chest guard and a great seller with excellent customer service!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 7, 2014
This runs small and I had to return it for a larger size.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Adequate Coverage, June 13, 2014
Me and my friends practice knife fighting, among other things, and we wanted some abdominal shielding against thrusts with our training blades. Bought this protector and it works okay, but really there are a lot of areas left vulnerable still and I can tell we're going to destroy this flimsy thing within a year or so. Here's a video of us using the product[,,,]

1.0 out of 5 stars More like a toy, June 4, 2014
Darren Adair (Moore, OK United States) - See all my reviews
This looks great in the picture. Unfortunately, the sizing is vague and honestly, I don't think it would hold up to much real sparing. I'm under 5' 10 and not overweight. This was laughable once I got it on! The seller said just return it but I gave it to my 4 yr old grandson instead. It's slightly big on him if that give you an idea. I thought there was a mistake in sizes but the seller said they don't come in child sizes. If you're sparing with adults then pass on this one, it's not a quality product by any standard unless you're playing Ninja Turtles.

Macho Sports / Martial Arts Chest Protector