esigned to take the hassle out of mixing live performances, Mackie's CFX.mkII Series compact live sound mixers feature genuine Mackie mic preamps, four subgroups, precise nine-band stereo graphic equalizers for greater sonic control, and onboard EMAC 32-bit digital effectseliminating the need for outboard effects processors and cables. Combined with Mackie Active loudspeakers, the CFX.mkII mixers are part of a complete, easy-to-use Mackie sound system.
What's new in CFX.mkII? New impact-resisting rubber side panels for better durability. New ergonomic updates including sturdier, more precise Onyx Series knobs. And new graphics, for better visibility in less-than-ideal lighting conditions. Best of all, the new CFX.mkII mixers come at a suggested retail price significantly lower than the original CFX Series.
The Features You Need to Get the Job Done
All CFX.mkII mic/line channels feature genuine Mackie mic preamps, renowned for their high-headroom, low-noise operation. Additional channel features include unbalanced inserts and input Trim controls with individual Zero Level LEDs, 3-band EQ with swept midrange, and 100Hz low cut filters for eliminating mic rumble. Each channel strip has a 60mm log-taper fader, one external, and one internal/external effects send; plus two Aux sends, pan, mute, solo (PFL), and bus assigns. The mixers also offer phase-accurate 9-band stereo graphic EQ for easy tonal shaping (and feedback supression). All three models allow two separate stage monitor mixes to be created with their own effects levels. See how its done here. (JPG or PDF)
Sweet touches abound on the CFX.mkII Series like a simple, yet utterly handy Break Switch, that lets you mute all the channels, and instantly play any souce you've plugged into the Tape inputs. (Perfect for those moments when you have to take care of business offstage, and don't want some overzealous fan grabbing a mic to belt out "Free Bird.")
Not Just Any Old Effects
Thanks to our massive digital R&D efforts of the past seven years, we've developed sophisticated 32-bit digital effects that rival dedicated outboard processors. Our EMAC effects sound clean and realistic especially compared to the crude, jangling 16-bit effects on most of the other "effects" mixers on the market. Read more.
Tough Enough for Live
Like all Mackie mixers, the CFX.mkII Series is designed for rugged, day-in and day-out road use. Their sturdy-yet-light steel monocoque construction houses rugged, double-sided SMT-plated fiberglass circuit boards, and 60mm faders with ultra-tight lip seals for keeping out contaminants. Onyx mixer-style knobs are mounted so they "ride" just above the steel chassis and absorb impacts without transferring damage to the internal components. And like all Mackie mixers, the CFX.mkII feature co-molded potentiometers that don't get brittle and scratchy sounding with age.
- High-headroom mic preamps with RF rejection
- 16 channels (12 mic/line mono, and 2 stereo line channels)
- 32-bit EMAC(tm) digital effects with 9 reverbs, 4 delays, phaser, chorus, flange; 2 parameter controls + EFX wide spatial expander
- External and internal EFX sends
- EFX to Monitor control
- 9-band stereo graphic equalizer
- Inserts on all mic channels and main mix
- True 4-bus design with direct sub outs and L/R assign
- 2 Pre/Post Aux sends and internal/external FX level sends on each channel
- 3-band EQ with swept mid (100Hz to 8kHZ) on mic/line channels
- 4-band EQ on stereo line channels
- Pan, Mute, PFL solo on each channel
- Inserts and 100Hz low-cut filters on all mic/line channels
- Subwoofer output from built-in 18dB/oct. 75Hz crossover
- Ingenious BREAK switch
- Headphone output with level control
- Tape/CD inputs with level control assignable to Main Mix via Break switch
- Logarithmic taper 60mm faders
- 48V phantom power
- 12V BNC lamp jack