on November 14, 2011
Size Name: Pack of 2Verified Purchase
I tried three sleep masks, two of which, Sweet Dreams and Lewis N Clark, were highly rated and popular. The third mask, Macks Dreamweaver Contoured Sleep Mask, I had a hard time finding on Amazon, but am glad I did. It was the one I ultimately kept and recommend. Below are my reviews of the three sleep masks and why I chose the Macks Dreamweaver.

Dream Essentials Sweet Dreams Contoured Sleep Mask
Pros:
* Does a good job of blocking light
* The contoured design doesn't put any pressure on the eyes, if the mask stays in place
* Comfortable material
Cons:
* The elastic strap kept riding down and onto my ears. It felt like it was cutting into my ears.
* The nose opening is too low, causing the mask, and thus the eye sockets, to ride up, defeating the purpose of the contoured eye socket.
* Not good for side sleepers as the mask does dislodge
* Cheap feeling pouch
I wanted to like this mask based on all the positive reviews, but ultimately the bad position of the elastic strap, and the fact that it kept riding up on my face, were what made me give up on it. I didn't have it long enough to verify the delamination that others had experienced.

Lewis N. Clark Comfort Eye Mask
Pros:
* Does a decent job of blocking light when it stays in place
* While not great for side sleepers, it was better than the other two
Cons:
* Like wearing a tight fleece jacket around the eyes.
* As the night progressed, the elastic strap slipped down and felt like it was cutting into my ears
* Nose opening is way too low, causing the mask to ride up and thus allowing light in from the bottom
I would have settled for this one had I not found the Macks Dreamweaver, but like the Sweet Dreams mask, the elastic strap cutting into my ears was the determining factor. I liked this one slightly better than the Sweet Dreams because it did seem to stay in place a bit better.

Macks Dreamweaver Contoured Sleep Mask (Pack of 2)
Pros:
* Blocks light the best of the three masks
* Nose opening is at the right height
* Contoured eye sockets are large enough to accommodate some movement
* Comfortable material
* Has two, slim, adjustable elastic straps instead of one large one
* Does not cut into the tops of the ears
* For about the same price as one of the other masks, you get two of these
Cons:
* If you are a side sleeper or move around, like the other masks, it will move, but it was still comfortable, even after moving.
* The material is basically identical to the Sweet Dreams mask, which makes me wonder if it will delaminate like people have found with the Sweet Dreams, but I haven't used it for more than a few weeks now. So far, no delamination. But if there is, a second one came with it.
While the Dreamweaver isn't perfect, given the fact that it won't stay in place with movement (Do any masks stay in place all night?!), it was the best of the three. The comfortable positioning of the eye sockets, nose opening and two straps make this the winner.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 10, 2011
Size Name: Pack of 2Verified Purchase
i have chronic dry eye & have to use eye gel each night, but that wasn't enough. apparently, most people's eyelids stay open a hair while they sleep & i had a dry line in this spot on each eye. i got these to replace the knit headband that i'd been using to cover my eyes at night (it was smashing my eyelashes) & they are wonderful!
they're very comfortable, which is a huge relief for me because i sleep on my side & was worried they'd make sleeping difficult. they're very flexible & the elastic bands can be placed higher on your head if they bother your ears (rub against them).
the molded eye cups are so nice! they keep the light/air out, but still allow your eyes to open without smushing your eyelashes.
i believe some people have had trouble with the elastic wearing out, but please realize that this would happen with any sleep mask. if you get to that point, i would try sewing the band tighter until you can't anymore. the ability to make that adjustment, along with the fact that these come in a pair, make these an excellent investment.
NOTE: the picture for this item shows NO nose cover, but the ones i received DO have the molded nose cover. i was worried about this as the bridge of my nose is often painful to the touch, but it has turned out to be a very good thing. the fabric over the nose is excellent at blocking out light/air (i suspect the ones with no nose cover let in more) and is not painful AT ALL.
overall, i am VERY happy with this purchase. the price is as low as you would find at walmart for a much cheaper product (i've looked) & you get TWO.
on February 18, 2012
Size Name: Pack of 2Verified Purchase
I don't usually leave reviews, but this product was worth it. I honestly looked at masks for several months before I bought one. I am so glad I got this one. After reading reviews I was nervous of masks that were so tight my eyes couldn't open & thus not enter REM sleep. Or ones that were scented & would give me a headache. You can completely open your eyes under this mask & it is still totally dark. Fits very well, blocks light well, not too tight, no odor. I definitely recommend this. The price is also great. BTW I looked at the pink, but got the black because it was chaeper and I was afraid pink may not block light as well, I had a white mask once that didn't block any light due to light cloth color.
on May 18, 2012
Size Name: Pack of 2Verified Purchase
Ok I agree with the other reviews-mostly good some light around the nose when sleeping on side, BUT i can't believe the dye is coming off on my white pillow cases. You would think the material/dye would be such that it wouldn't transfer to sheets. The stain does not come off with normal washing. Now I guess I'll be buying dark pillow cases.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 15, 2012
Size Name: Pack of 2Verified Purchase
I love the mask. It fits well and I really like the fact that it puts no pressure on my eyes. I wear it under my CPAP mask sometimes and the way its designed, it doesn't interfere with the seal on my mask. I would recommend to others.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 9, 2011
Verified Purchase
I found this sleep mask strap to be uncomfortably tight even in its loosest position, & I have a small head. The stiff fold of material that covers the nose bridge is not comfortable either.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 21, 2012
Size Name: Pack of 2Verified Purchase
For starters, my package only came with ONE mask instead of the advertised two, so my opinion of this product was already bad to begin with. However, as this was the fault of packaging and not the mask makers themselves, I still opted to try it out.

One good point was that the mask material itself is very light (probably because the material itself is very thin) and the elastic band is not too thick, ideal for sleeping with as you barely feel it.

BUT! I have a small face and a wide-set nose, so there was a pretty big gap between my nose and the mask; if I wanted to make it go away I would have to tighten the mask making it feel uncomfortable.

ADDITIONALLY (and my biggest complaint), after fiddling around with the elastic band just minutes after opening the package, the elastic began to come loose, and the band itself looked like it was about to break! Please see my customer image of the product for more details.

Needless to say, I returned this item ASAP. A product should not come to the customer already at its breaking point. Others might have better luck than I did, but I would probably invest in a higher-quality, albeit more expensive, sleeping mask. Remember: you get what you pay for.
review image
on December 1, 2011
Size Name: Pack of 2Verified Purchase
I got this two pack so that I could have one at home and leave one at my girlfriend's place. I haven't used the earplugs, but the masks work great. They're cheap, light, and comfortable. They do a great job of blocking out light, though if you don't adjust it correctly some light can come in around the nose area. (If you want the best mask at blocking out light, you should look at Tempur-Pedic Sleep Mask, which I also have. The memory foam aspect of it lets the mask conform perfectly around your face and nose area to shut out all of the light. However, it's heavier than these Macks.) The fact that the mask isn't flat over the eyes but rather bulges out really increases the comfort factor of these masks since my eyelashes are constantly rubbing against something. Overall, I love these masks, and they are definitely worth its price.
on September 19, 2013
Size Name: Pack of 1Verified Purchase
The sleep mask is great but the bands that hold it on both broke within 3 days. I need 3 more words. There.
on January 2, 2014
Size Name: Pack of 1Verified Purchase
I purchased a two pack of this eye mask, based on the high reviews here. I've tried just about all the popular eye masks available here and elsewhere.

I have to say that while the eye mask portion is comfortable, these have, by far, the cheapest elastic straps that I've ever had the displeasure of using. Within 2-3 uses the elastic straps were warped and kinked to be nigh unusable. I've used similar off-brand eye masks of a similar design with the two thin elastic straps and, while they all certainly have a tendency to stretch and wear out faster than the designs with wider elastic straps, none have come close to the shoddiness of this brand.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations