Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Macks Pillow Soft Silicone Earplugs Value Pack, 6-Count (Pack of 2)
- America's original and #1-selling moldable silicone earplugs.
- Molds very comfortably to the unique contours of any ear
- The Doctor's choice for sealing out water (helps prevent swimmer's ear) and reducing noise with a noise reduction rating (NRR) of 22 decibels.
- For swimming, sleeping, studying, bathing, work, travel, loud events, flying discomfort, etc
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Package Quantity: 2
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
The best ones I found were Flents Ear Stopples SoftWax/Cotten; Howard Leight MAX; Ohropax; Bio Ears with Microban; and "World's Finest Natural Ear Plugs." None of them work as well or fit as well as MACKS. PERIOD. They have various kinds of problems among them such as letting in noise, not staying put, being too hard to conform to your ears, etc.
Yes, I know some people have commented that they can get dirty and feel a little sticky. Well they work better BECAUSE they are a little sticky so they stay in place and don't develop a gap during the night when you move your head and let the noise in. If you keep them in the container they came in instead of sitting them out then they won't pick up dust.
A close second would be the Worlds Finest Earplugs that are made out of essentially the same kind of material - silicone. But they are not as pliable as MACKS and not quite as tacky so they start out good but then in the middle of the night they let in some noise around the edges.
No, I don't work for MACKS or have anything to do with them or gain from sales or own any stock. I'm just writing this to help other people who have suffered through years of not being able to sleep through SNORING. THESE THINGS WORK!!!!!!! :):):)
1. The earplugs should be a cone shaped 1 inch long and 1/2 inch wide at the top. They need to be wetted in order to insert well. A little water or spit does the job. When firmly seated, they will create a strong seal and noise just STOPS dead. If they slip out, they will not seal well and are pretty much useless to stop noise or water. About 2 days of use before I put them aside to get washed and grab another (used) pair.
2. The earplugs can be WASHED and reused many, many times. The best way to wash is to place in the washing machine with a few lint free cloths, low water setting, and a little detergent and bleach. They come out sticky like they were when new. Even old ones will yellow but work well, especially after they warm up and become softer in your ear. When they become too hard and dried out, throw them away.
3. The size they come in the package are TOO SMALL for me. I take about a 1/5 of one of the plugs and add it to the earplug WHEN I FIRST USE THEM. You can tell if they are too small if they are hard to remove from your ear. If they are too BIG, they will be uncomfortable when lying on them. The extra piece will pretty much stick in but has a tendency to start separating again after a couple dozen wearings. Be careful that you do not let the separate piece fall off in your ear. Never happened to me yet, but...
4. Mack's are GREAT for swimming. Inserted properly, they will keep water pretty much out. Never completely dry but really close.Read more ›
Just went to my local Walgreens and purchased Mack's Pillow Soft earplugs and the Hearos Ultimate Softness earplugs at the same time. In short, I personally prefer the Hearos Ultimate Softness earplugs.
I intend on using earplugs for studying for my MCAT exam and on the actual test day! I picked up the most basic run of the mill orange kind last night from wal-mart and was disappointed to say the least. They didn't block out much noise at all...they just filled up my ear canal and irritated them by making them itchy. I ended up spending 2-3 hours online researching which earplugs would do their job... The definitive article I found was on Slate . com and reviewed several different brands and styles of ear plugs (highly recommend you google this article). The three kinds I ended up being interested in were Mack's Pillow Soft, Howard Leight (I forget the specific kind), and Hearos Ultimate Softness.
I swung by my local Walgreens and was happy to find Mack's and Hearos in stock and purchased them both to try. Upon entering my car, I turned on the stereo opened both packages and tried both. Mack's was first and while they did block out significantly more sound than the orange plugs from wal-mart, and were more comfortable, they were simply unremarkable... At this point I was praying the Hearos would serve me better. I put a foam earplug into my right ear first and was amazed as the foam slowly expanded filling my ear canal (comfortably!) and sealed noise out significantly from my right ear. It took me two tries but I hastily got the left side in and was absolutely thrilled as they expanded and slowly my stereo became muffled to only slightly audible!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love these earplugs, have used them for years. Shipped/arrived on time.Published 7 hours ago by Jessica N.
I was hopeful that these would become my new favorite earplugs. I have to wear them at night to be able to sleep soundly. Read morePublished 2 days ago by A. Moyers
These did not work for me to block out snoring. They are quite large and my hair got stuck in them while sleeping.Published 4 days ago by LZ CO
After inserting this earplug properly, I can say this is the most comfortable one I have used so far. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Kylinblue
These earplugs didn't work for me but my mom loves them so at least they didn't go to waste.Published 6 days ago by D Richardson
love these, they work. I half one, to use for both ears. I have repeated this purchase over the years. Would not be without. Use often.Published 7 days ago by SANDRA BARNETT
These are the only ear plugs I can wear for long periods of time. I wear them every night. They block noise and are comfortable...that is what they need to do. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Dr. J