4.0 out of 5 stars Light, easy to fold, but has issues
I wanted a lightweight umbrella stroller and after endless research, I purchased the Maclaren Quest Sport. Overall, I like this stroller, though I do have some issues with it.

Published on January 1, 2012 by A. Mattix

2.0 out of 5 stars Great stroller for me but not for my baby
Published 18 months ago by Marz

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, easy to fold, but has issues, January 1, 2012
This review is from: Maclaren Quest Sport Stroller, Charcoal/Silver (Baby Product)

- It's lightweight, comfortable for baby, and very easy to fold. I can fold it and put it in the trunk of the car while holding my baby. Opening it is very easy too; the only difficulty is the automatic-locking latch that holds the frame closed. If I try to open the stroller one-handed, I can't quite do it because the latch keeps re-engaging before I can get the stroller open. So it takes one hand to open the latch while I open the frame with the other.

- The automatically-locking latch is nice, but it doesn't hold the stroller all the way closed -- it droops open a little. And because the brakes are automatically disengaged when you fold the stroller, you can't lean it against a wall because it rolls and falls over. So once it's folded, it's a little clumsy, you just have to lay it down on the ground. I wish it would stand up, and it would be nice if there was a secondary latch or strap to keep it all the way closed when gate checking it on an airplane, for example.

- It's very easy to steer and maneuver in tight spaces. For an umbrella stroller, it's a pretty smooth ride. It's hard to push with one hand and still go straight -- you really need both hands to steer straight.

- The pocket on the back of the stroller is perfect for holding my cell phone, wallet, the stroller carry strap, a hat and toy for baby, and a small water bottle. The basket on the bottom is small, but not bad for an umbrella stroller. I do wish it had a cup holder. Getting through a door with this stroller while holding a cup of coffee is challenging, because it's hard to push with one hand.

- I chose this model over the Maclaren Techno because the seat reclines on this one. I was hoping that it would lay flat enough to use for diaper changes. In a pinch, it works well. It doesn't lay perfectly flat, but it's flat enough to get the job done.

- This stroller is nice looking, and the cover can be removed for washing without too much trouble.

- As other reviewers have noted, the sunshade is inadequate. I was hoping this wouldn't be that big of a deal, but any time I have to walk into the sun with my baby, she ends up squirming and uncomfortable because the sun is in her eyes. A bit more length and adjustability would go a long way.

- I have problems with the brakes on my stroller. First, it's difficult to tell which way to press the red lever to engage the brakes. Sometimes I press the wrong way, and it doesn't engage the brakes, so I always have to check to make sure they are actually engaged. Second, the brakes don't always disengage properly -- they rub against the wheels, especially after unfolding the stroller. I found out if I kick them just right, they will stop rubbing the wheels, but it's annoying.

This stroller is expensive for an umbrella stroller, so I was hoping to be happier with it than I am. If I was making the decision again, I would consider the UPPAbaby G-Luxe Stroller, Sebby/Teal as an alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stroller, whether you're going on a trip to France or to the mall, January 7, 2012
We just used this stroller on our first long journey to France, and it was great. You can fold it very easily with one hand (unfolding with one hand is possible, as long as you can use your foot to undo the lock...), and the rain cover that comes with it was great to protect against the wind as well.
It's light, doesn't take much space, and is very easy to push.
You can't really use it on unpaved trails, but we weren't expecting to do that with this stroller anyway.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great stroller for me but not for my baby, January 9, 2013
Marz "Marz" (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
It's a lightway stroller, easy to manuver when going shopping etc. so I like it. However, I can only use it when it's not sunny outside because the sunshade is so poorly designed that it is impossible to keep the sun out of your baby's face! I got the protect-a-bob sunshade but it didnt help much, it's way too big for that stroller and the way its canopy is designed, it's just not fitting in right. Also, the basket under is so little that you can only use it for a few diapers, def. not a diaper bag or shopping.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for a walker, April 26, 2012
Savitri "OmSavitri" (nyc, ny United States) - See all my reviews
I am a super busy Mom who walks a lot this is an awesome stroller , I use it on daily basis and it keeps in pretty good condition

Rate and Discover Movies