Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on April 30, 2012
I bought this stroller two days ago because I liked a few of the features e.g. the bright colors, light weight, and good quality in general. Most strollers are black or dark colored which gets super hot for the baby. I prefer the light yellow and blue colors of this stroller. I compared it with the Quest Charcoal/Crimson color model (per the store this color is exclusively sold by Babies R Us). The latter was 70 dollars more expensive, (mine was only 180 dollars) so I checked the description on line. Many of the Quest models had different colors but the same description including the two that I compared. I found out that the more expensive model at Babies R US is actually a different design all together, even though the description of the features was the same online. The one at Babies R US fully reclines (180 degrees), whereas the Submarine version reclines about 120 degrees at the most. And the recline / release handle on the more expensive model is easier to use, just a light press between the thumb and the index and middle finger. The bottom break lever is a bit different but works on the same basic principle. A lot of the features are the same design, e.g. the belt buckle, the wheels, the seat padding, the seat extension (the legs can rest horizontally and don't have to be bent down at the knees all the time); the hood and detachable rain cover; the metal rods, the top stroller handles, and it folds the same way. The stroller size when folded is about 105 cm long, by 25 cm wide x 20 cm deep. I have not found the weight in the papers, but online it said it is supposed to be 12.1 lb. I gave this review a four out of five because the company labels many different models as Quest, and they are quite different, the company should number the models aside from naming them. The included brochure was a two page highlights in English and 3-4 pages of drawings. I wish they had more text information with the drawings. I received the stroller 3 days after I ordered it and only paid about 10 dolors for regular shipping.
on March 28, 2012
We bought this stroller to take on a cruise. It turned out to be a life saver. Certain spaces were tight, but this one fit right through the small spaces. It was also easy to fold up quick and carry with the strap in and out of taxis even WATER TAXIS. I'm talking about little boats you have to hop on and off! This stroller posed no issues for us at all and was really easy and portable for these situations that could have been difficult with a bigger heavier stroller. For trails etc. I love my BOB, but for small places and travel this little stroller ROCKS!

I don't know why anyone has anything bad to say about this stroller. The quality is good. I've used a lot of different strollers. I had the chicco liteway before this one which was really good too, but the wheels got bent and when I replaced it I wanted something with a more interesting theme as well as good quality. Recline was really important to me as well as being light weight!

I haven't tried to put this stroller in a bag or anything for travel and figured since it's washable I can clean it if it gets dirty. I love the self locking fold up because I can easily do it one handed while holding my baby. I love the yellow sub theme, yes even for a girl. My daughter loves it. The shade is a bit small, but I pulled it extra far forward and managed to make it cover her more in the direct sun. The recline is no big deal but a bit different from others I've had. I like that it is so light!!! It's nice that the weight limit is 55 pounds making it also usable for my 3 year old son.

Great stroller!
on December 11, 2010
So far we are really enjoying our "Sub" as we call it. We have been using it since my son was 3 months old. It reclines great, is light weight and a great option to have instead of our bulky/heavy Chicco Travel System stroller. I love the design and the fabric really is wonderful. We have not used the rain cover yet, but it is adorable. Really happy with this purchase and we get a lot of compliments on the "Sub" when we go out. Easy to open and close also. Great buy! Going to buy a organizer bag with a cup holder and a travel bag to go along with the stroller soon.
on March 10, 2012
Our first stroller we bought was the Preg-Perego Plicko Switch. It was nice but is very bulky. We bought this several months ago when we decided to go on a trip and wanted something more light weight for the plane. This stroller was more expensive then the equvelant Maclaren stroller (not Beatles version). The stroller is great; light weight, easy to stow, and we have had multiple complements on the design. I would highly recommend the Maclaren brand .
on June 19, 2011
Bought this yellow "sub" for my 9 month old daughter and have been using it for 2 months now. Generally OK with the product. Here is my summary of it, staring with "pros"
-the pattern is adorable and stands out a bit, though it matters more to me than my kid at this age
-lightweight, easy to fold and transport
-reclines back pretty far
-good ventilation for hot summer months
-very decent leg room
-turns easily
-comes with a great and very usable weather shield
-very nice large pocket on the back for keys/sunglasses/baby bottle

"Cons":
-peek-a-boo window is positioned too far back, especially if you're very tall, and it's small
-the unfold mechanism is not so easy because the bracket that keeps the stroller in locked folded position requires a forceful yank to undo
-NO BASKET SPACE, and I mean none. This is the biggest con. I'm a light packer, and I can only fit a diaper caddy in there and a small blanket. Also, you cannot get into the basket from any angle if the child's seat is reclined all the way
-sunshade is completely inadequate, though I purchased RayShade UV protected shade which works absolutely awesome!

SO all in all, this not a superb product but it's adequate. For right now, it's our primary stroller for public outings (restaurants, short runs to store) and we use BOB for everything else.
on July 17, 2012
I purchased this stroller for my son's daughter in November 2011. They absolutely love the stroller as he and my daughter-in-law are big Beatles fans! Not only is the stoller terrific looking, it is also wonderfully light-weight and easy to collapse and set-up. I don't agree with one of the other reviews in which the reviewer states that they purchased the stroller in December of 2009. This particular stroller was not available for purchase until January 2011. The Maclaren brand is an excellent stroller and one that will last years if properly cared for.
on October 15, 2012
I researched strollers for at least six months before deciding on this one. It is my third stroller. I do like it but having it now for six months if I were to do it over I would have bought a cheaper umbrella stroller. For the money if you look around you can get one just as light but with better features. For instance the sun shield is useless. The breaks are poor quality and I don't trust them at all. The extra pockets I never have used because usually I have a coffee and a sippy cup so I ordered a clip on double cup holder to use. Also the stroller tips over so easy I don't see how you can put anything in them without it tipping backwards. The upgrades the Quest has was the reason I ordered it and to be honest I hardly use the recline though I was sure Id use it all the time. The pockets on the back like I said above I don't use. I can say it handles well but my front tires do stick from time to time. Save some money and shop around for a cheaper stroller.
on February 26, 2013
OK I've had it for over a year. My OCD wife owns 4 or 5 strollers and this is our most hated one. When folder it is still open about 2.5 wide latched shut. Walking up my 3 floor walkup in NYC I dream of kicking the designer in the butt for this one. You have to push all these levers in a sequential order to get it open and again shut. Wow, I mean, there's still less steps than tying a shoe but should a stroller operate so difficultly? The cool Beatles embroidery is on a pad that constantly gets pulled all the way down as he moves around until it's uncomfortably stuck behind my son. I sewed a piece of industrial velcro to keep it up to no avail. My 30 year old wife has to call me to get the kid in and out of the stroller because even though she is a strong woman, she physically cannot open the kungfoo grip lock on the 4 way seatbelt. I invented a tool for her out of a pair of lpiers so she can get my kid out when I'm not around. The rain cover is small and we replaced it cause my wife didn't feel it did much. Biggest complaint is the carrying area below is absolutely useless. The space itself is a large net which would be great IF YOU COULD GET TO IT.There;s a 5 inch gap you barley can get your hand in let alone groceries or a backpack. These guys should have quit when their strollers started chopping kids fingers off in the UK. Two stars not one because the seat holds a kid and the wheels move and allow me to move said kid from A to B. Good job guys, you've reinvented the wheel AND the seat. Poorly.
on August 25, 2011
I purchased this maclaren for my daughter (born July 2009) in December of 2009. As of today, August 2011, the stroller has had MULTIPLE issues. The handle has a strange grip that has since torn away. In addition, the carrying strap that comes with this stroller had stitches come apart, and now no longer works; this was NEVER ONCE used to carry the stroller, so imagine my surprise when it was dragging behind the buggy one day. Lastly, the break is finicky and can be difficult to lock. This stroller has had very limited use since my daughter prefers to walk everywhere which is even more disappointing considering how poorly this stroller has held up. These may not seem like major issues, but my oldest had a maclaren purchased in December of 2004 and this stroller had NO problems. I once even hosed it down after a muddy walk, and it still worked like a dream afterwards. It was passed along to my sister in law, who to this, nearly 7 years later, has had no issues.

Apart from the quality issues I have mentioned, one of the most frustrating issues I faced with this stroller was the inability to access the basket under the seat. Only small items were easily obtained from this basket, anything larger would simply not fit. Compared to other strollers this stroller has a terrible center of gravity which means it tends to tip over too easily, which was a problem I experienced with my first maclalren but disregarded as I figured majority of umbrella strollers had this issue, now this is not the case. I constantly had to remind myself not to put anything with even the slightest bit of weight on the back for fear of it falling.

I have contacted maclaren about these issues with little to no help or support and am on the lookout for a better quality stroller. Current models I am now looking at are the bumbleride, guzzie+guss, zooper, aprica presto, baby jogger and joovy.

See 1 answered question