5.0 out of 5 stars awesome
I first heard of Flash MX from one of my friends at school and thought, i gotta have this product! So I bought it with my own hard earned money and its great! I don't know why so many adults say its hard, its so easy. (When you know what your doing) I had to go through about 20 flash tutorials before I understood it. I really recommend Macromedia Flash MX to other users.
Published on July 29, 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars Rich with Features, but...
- FEATURES - I like it! From the beginning, gave me a screen on what I would like to make and had a simple template for everything. Movie sizes were smaller and liked how I can preview movies in another tab.
Published on January 31, 2004 by K. Yagi

2.0 out of 5 stars Rich with Features, but..., January 31, 2004
K. Yagi (Cupertino, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Macromedia Flash MX 2004 [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
- COMPATIBILITY (HEADACHE)- If you want to use their latest components or library, be prepared for users to install Flash Player 7.0+. This part is giving me a headache since my users are very novice with these things.
- UNSTABLE - This has to be the biggest flaw of this software. Now I'm use to saving after every change because of how unstable it is. I get the annoying "Windows cannot recover Flash MX 2004" and it crashes out.
- OVERALL - NICE, if it worked the way it's suppose to be. I would NOT recommend it to other buyers. Develope in Flash MX until Flash Player 7.0 has gone around the world. Remember to save frequently. I wish I can get my money back =(.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's BAD, February 10, 2005
This review is from: Macromedia Flash MX 2004 [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
I've been working in Flash as a developer for many years. I recently upgraded to this version at work, and it's been misery ever since. BE CAREFUL with this product.

People before me have stated that it's unstable. Not only is it unstable, it will create a ton of "bad clusters" in files on your hard disk. After using this product, my brand new computer's hard drive went to over 60% fragmented. It's been a nightmare contending with this software.

The software crashes for no reason on Windows XP machines (before I installed this version of Flash, it was working perfectly). Now, I have to defrag frequently and run scandisks to correct the errors that Flash 2004 has caused.

I'm totally disgusted with this product, and for the reasons others here have already cited. A reviewer below said it's not as bad as they say: NO, IT IS WORSE.

Macromedia: shame on you for this product. I was one of your biggest supporters until I subjected myself to this software JOKE.

UPDATE: I have reverted back to Flash MX, which has been problem-free since it was first released.

1.0 out of 5 stars Severe setback for non-programmers, March 26, 2004
This review is from: Macromedia Flash MX 2004 [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
This version of Flash has eliminated the user-friendly "normal" mode for actionscript. Although Macromedia insists that using the "behaviors" panel works just as well, I don't find this to be the case. Users of previous versions will likely be utterly lost (and utterly ticked off) unless they are well-versed in programming syntax. A tremendous waste of time and money.

1.0 out of 5 stars SAY A BIG NO TO MX 2004, June 24, 2005
This review is from: Macromedia Flash MX 2004 [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
If you are a designer or someone trying learn flash for the first time DO NOT BUY Flash MX 2004 or Flash MX 2004 Pro. I am absolutely disgusted that Macromedia have turned their back on designers by removing the 'normal mode' for actionscripting. I am just blown away right now, especially after I have wasted $$$ buying the upgrade only not to use it and continue working with Flash MX, if you are a designer stick with Flash MX NOT Flash MX 2004! Its a horrific step backwards for Macromedia. BEWARE.

3.0 out of 5 stars What no normal mode for actionscript, June 28, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Macromedia Flash MX 2004 [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
I'm familiar with the previous versions of flash. I find the no normal mode for actionscript to be a major headache. I use flash primarily for animation. I'm not too keen on the programming aspects. I'll leave that to the computer geeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, July 29, 2005

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as they'd tell you, May 31, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Macromedia Flash MX 2004 [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
Look, Flash MX 2004 is great! Most other people are sad because of a little action script that they don't know. Sure, there may be sometimes where you want to do something and you don't know how to do it. Well, I don't know a thing about actionscript, so I'm buying a book on MX 2004 actionscript. Maybe you should, too. This is a great animating program. It really isn't that hard to do things once you get the hang of it. You can make some simple special effects with motion tweening, shape tweening, and masking. You can easily make looped animations with the symbols. You can even make a video and import it into flash, then add in special effects later. The only problem some people might find with this is that it isn't much different than MX, and it doesn't just give you the action script like MX did, and some things have been relocated and are now harder to find. As far as I know, this can do anything that the other versions could, it's just a little more complicated. If you need to make an animated banner ad for someguy you work for, get flash MX if you can. If you are familiar with Flash and want a more powerful version, get this. If you're not familiar, get this anyway! I didn't know the first thing about flash when I go this, but now I feel fine with it. If you haven't memorized your simple actionscript yet, though, maybe you should just stick with what you've got.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but you need to know what you're doing, May 11, 2005
This review is from: Macromedia Flash MX 2004 [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
I started taking a FLASH ANIMATION class 4 weeks ago and it is one of the best programs I've ever used. It's so fun making your own animations and mini movies. But if you're a random person who thought you might give it a try you're not going to get anywhere. It's very complicated. You need to know a little HTML (which I do cuz I have my own website) and need to have worked with computers a lot. So if you get it I would recomend having sum1 who knows what they're doing help you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Flash MX 2004, June 17, 2004
This review is from: Macromedia Flash MX 2004 [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
I'm just a kid but when I discovered this at school, I used all my free time just playing with the animation, motion and shape tweening, actions, motion clips, sound, everything. This product is good but some of the tools are to basic. It's so hard to get an Alpha on a object. Even when I motion tween it, it still won't let me!
Overall it's pretty good. I'm still learning though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Is there..., February 1, 2005
This review is from: Macromedia Flash MX 2004 [OLD VERSION] (CD-ROM)
This looks amazing but it's way too expensive. Is there an earlier version [...]

Macromedia Flash MX 2004 [OLD VERSION]
Macromedia Flash MX 2004 [OLD VERSION] by Macromedia (Mac, Windows 2000 / 98 / XP)
Used & New from: $98.35