From the Back Cover
Your Professional Resource for Developing with Flash MX
Maximize the capabilities of Macromedia Flash MX--the preeminent tool for Web-based, interactive, multimedia applications, animation, and content generation--with the advanced development strategies in this professional resource. Inside, you'll find full details on using all of Flash's versatile elements, developing with ActionScript, utilizing dynamic data from MySQL using PHP, integrating with third-party development tools such as SWF Studio, QuickTime, and Director, and creating Flash 3D vector animation with low-cost tools. Build flexible, fast-loading Web pages and applications using Macromedia Flash MX and this expert resource.
- Use ActionScript--from basic features to advanced techniques
- Incorporate programmatic motion into your Flash applications
- Integrate data from dynamic sources
- Build a Flash front end for PHP/MySQL applications
- Read, parse, and format XML data in Flash
- Optimize audio and visual elements for streaming
- Create engaging Flash designs using traditional design principles
- Set attractive text with proven typographic principles
- Model and rig 3-D characters and animations for Flash vector animation
About the Author
P.S. Woods (Seneca Falls, NY) is a freelance Web developer and consultant. He has contributed many articles and product reviews to the Flash community through the Web Developers' Virtual Library (www.wdvl.com). In his consulting career, he has been retained by clients as small as a storefront ISP in the Mojave desert and as large as Price Waterhouse Coopers.