Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on July 27, 2008
I gave this product 1 star, and thats misleading since I can't give it negative 50 stars. This product states that it will improve your systems performance, and it will after you reinstall Mac OS X and finish restoring all your files. I tried this product and experienced what other people have complained about in that most of my applications were deleted, and my mac restarted in what appeared to be a Unix terminal ( black screen, white letters, type the commands yourself ) . Nothing I tried saved my hard drive, and I lost all my important data. Thankfully I had backed up my hard drive on an external hard drive, and recovering my data was not impossible. The instructions stated it was a good idea to backup important data, and I guess they knew what they were talking about. If I had a choice between paying 30 dollars for this program again, or paying someone 30 dollars to beat my truck with a sledge hammer, My truck would need alot of repair work. Do your self a favor and save your money.
44 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2008
this product its terrible..
the packaging and the way is designed its simple and make you think it's easy to use.. right?

I ran it on my computer, supposedly was going to clean the system of caches and junk occupying memory.. it made my compuer crash.. when I restarted my computer, guess what.. ALL OF MY APPLICATIONS AND UTILITIES were gone... yes.. all of them.. even the ones included in the OSX system.

in the instructions says.. do not force quit while running.. I didn't it just crashed...

I paid 30 dollar and I ended up losing 20 times that... now I am trying to figure out what to do.
on November 5, 2009
Oye... don't do it! don't you dare click on that button. Do not buy this, do not download it, not even if it was free I would use this evil software ever. I have an iMac that has been giving me odd problems so I figured this would help me find out what is going on... yeah, I wish I had the odd problems instead of the wipe out I got thanks to this, they should change the name from MacTuneUp to i-Fkd-UPmyMac...
on October 5, 2009
After reading other warnings, I think I got off easy. I tried to install this program, but it will not. I have Tiger, which it says it work with, but it doesn't. All it does in installs an icon on my desktop, but the icon does nothing but look pretty. How bad can the software be if it can't even run the installation program correctly?
on May 8, 2012
My computer is so slow I want to scream. I wish I had checked the reviews before I used it. this is a garbage program I can't even run a 3 minute video without it stopping 3 or 4 times to load. My system is going to APPLE for a complete overhaul. DON'T BUY THIS!!!
on January 18, 2011
I just purchased this at Staples. Product claims is compatible with all Mac OS; it's NOT. I run Leopard 10.6.6 and the program says it's incompatible. So I turn to the site for support and I CANNOT REGISTER to get an account to submit a support ticket. Their registration site does not recognize any entry for a password code. Email address, support @macxware.com bounces back a message that it can;t accept an email unless I register. so, this product is headed back to Staples,and SummitSoft (whose website is "under construction" is outta here. Bad show... Bad Show!
on June 30, 2012
1. The software does not work with MAC OSX - PERIOD
2. Completely destroyed the files on my boot drive.
3. NO ability to contact the vendor. The registration process has NEVER worked, so you cannot submit a ticket.
4. Read the reviews prior to buying anything these days, and save yourself some grief.
on March 25, 2012
By not reading the reviews I was a fool. Had I just read what everyone else had been saying.... I was able to successfully install the program on my Lion Mac... however, as others have stated, the default settings on the "speed up my system" delete most everything you need to run your apps correctly. Sure, it gave the standard warning "back it all up," but seems to me the software should be designed to know what files not to touch so it doesn't completely jack up your computer. As if I wasn't dumb enough not reading the review, buying the product and then unwittingly deleting files that I really needed, I went ahead and tried the "update" function. Then the best thing ever happened... the update completely failed and it removed the program from my computer. This is by far the worst software purchase I have ever made. Please, do yourself a favor. Do not buy this product. You will be sorry. Better to spend the money on a good book that tells you how to manually do what this software purports it can do- but can't. SAVE YOUR MONEY, more importantly, save yourself a lot of heartache.
on September 25, 2011
Although MacWare is called "Mac"Ware and its product is called "Mac"TuneUp - the company somehow has failed to update MacTuneUp to work on the latest Mac operating system OS X Lion. How a company that claims to provide products for Macs could possible fail to be ready for the Lion update is beyond comprehension. The company promised to have an update by the end of August ... I'm writing this on September 25th. As a result, my MacTuneUp version, which a bought shortly before the new OS came out, is useless. With this level of support, I would recommend you look for some other utility program.
on August 19, 2013
This will be the last time I buy a MacWare / SummitSoft product. Shame on me for continuing to buy their inferior products. There is little to no support. The programs are often obsolete before they are released. With past programs, I have dutifully "updated" the software only to discover afterwards that they want to charge me for it! PLEASE do not suffer the pain I have encountered with this program and this company and look not only for another program but another company. NEVER buy a program from MAcWare / SummitSoft.