4.0 out of 5 stars Great feeling joystick, works on PC as well
I bought the Xbox 360 version of the Fightstick Pro to play SFXT and SSF4 which I have on PC. Like other Xbox 360 controllers, this joystick worked perfectly on my Windows 7 machine. I simply plugged in the USB cable into my PC and it started downloading the drivers instantly. No disc required.

I also own a two-year-old Mad Catz TE Stick, and compared to that...
Published on July 28, 2012 by ijcast

3.0 out of 5 stars My Honest Opinion
So I bought this stick while it and the Mad Catz Soul Calibur V stick were one sale and boy is there a difference between the two sticks. Not only was this stick almost 20 bucks more expensive, it arrived slightly damaged.

Published 14 months ago by FranklinDean

4.0 out of 5 stars Great feeling joystick, works on PC as well, July 28, 2012
ijcast (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars

I also own a two-year-old Mad Catz TE Stick, and compared to that the Fightstick Pro feels almost identical when playing. The small difference between the two is that my older joystick feels looser when moving the actual joystick around - but not by much. I suppose that's because my older stick is simply showing some wear and tear - but it's a small difference. The buttons and the layout are pretty much the same as the TE Stick - sturdy and snappy. This stick uses a square gate which means that when moving the stick around, you will notice that its range of motion forms a square at its limits. (This can be changed to an octagonal gate for those who decide to modify the stick.)

The chassis of the SFXT joystick is well designed. It isn't as boxy as the TE Stick and it seems to sit better on my lap. The weight of the entire unit is hefty, but not overly so. I actually prefer the design of this stick in terms of chassis ergonomics. Instead of a simple box-like design that the TE Sticks have, the Fightstick Pro has some nice alternating angled edges along its sides and it has a nice lip along the front of the unit. My one complaint is that the turbo and other switches are located on the upper right of the chassis - somewhat close to the gameplay buttons themselves. Still, I doubt I would ever accidentally hit those buttons during gameplay.

The Fightstick Pro is a great choice for a fighting stick. The joystick movement feels great, the buttons are snappy and the build quality is good.

Update:
I've had my Fightstick Pro for a while now (about a year), and it finally needed some adjusting. Holding down on the joystick sometimes didn't register. So I opened up the joystick to see what was going on. I found that some of the wires had gotten caught between the joystick's moving parts. I simply moved them to one side and used some tape to keep the wires in place. In doing all of this I found that the internal components of the joystick to be pretty good quality - Sanwa parts for sure. Furthermore, taking the joystick apart and putting it back together is easy - you just need basic tools like a few screw drivers and some pliers. (You need pliers to hold one end of the joystick, while you unscrew the other end.)

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't think I can go back to a gamepad for fighting games., November 6, 2012
S. Swasey (Huber Heights, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and I'm glad I did. I put an octagonal gate in it for easier circular motions(the square gate still works great and has its advantages. The build quality of the stick is excellent as many of you may know. The stick and buttons feel great and are extremely responsive. The only negative I would give this isn't really a negative towards it at all....you won't be able to use a gamepad after this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 26, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mad Catz Street Fighter X Tekken - Arcade FightStick PRO - Cross for Xbox 360 (Accessory)
I bought this fight stick at gamestop same price as amazon. I was never into fighting games, but i honestly feel like i have been missing out on some great fun, so i decided to get my self a fightstick and play some mortal kombat and other fighting games with it. I plugged the stick in the playstation and started playing some mk9. At first i hated the stick and i posted it on craigslist to sell it because i figured i would never like it. Then i read some more reviews on it that told people with fight sticks to keep at it and they will get use to the stick and eventually they will never go back to the pad. I felt bad giving it away so i thought i would give it another shot, but this time on practice mode. To my suprise, the fight stick started getting extremely comfortable. I was pulling some cool moves off that i would not have done on the pad. I say that because the stick allows you to motion your moves better. The only problem im having so far are the buttons when i want to fight my fingers get out of position and i get confused when i want to reposition. But i believe in time that will fix just as we all started typing wierd on a keyboard when we were young, now we type without looking. So overall i am officially pleased with the stick, it feels great playing, but beware and get ready to have ur ass handed to you in the beginning. You will get discouraged like i did, but keep at it and it will eventually be fun because you feel like you have total control over your player when fighting. I dont want to ever be a tournament player, i want to play fighting games for fun so i bought this to make the experience feel as awesome as possible, and it works. I definitely recommend this product although it's pricey, once you pay for it its pure enjoyment after that.

3.0 out of 5 stars My Honest Opinion, June 27, 2013

The reason why I'm disappointed with this stick is because of the difference in quality between this and the Soul Calibur V stick. The Soul Calibur V stick is not only heavier and made out of sturdier plastic, but it just feels better made and makes this stick feel like a cheap knock off by comparison. It's kind of ironic to me that the more expensive and popular stick of the two ends up being the cheaper and flimsier of the two.

I honestly wish I had bought two SCV sticks instead of one of each. There isn't anything that is Pro or Tournament Edition about this stick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Husband, January 20, 2014
Purchased for my husband who is a Street Fighter tournament & casuals player. His old Hori stick was falling apart & we honestly couldn't afford to be buying this for an expensive hobby but I saved for months and his reaction was worth it. He really likes the contoured wrist rest but it does sit a little uncomfortable on his lap. Wish it was a little longer but he loves it so far and has already started modding it (which voids the warranty!!) Overall cam undamaged and in great packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, December 30, 2013
This is great. It's the first fightstick I've owned, and I feel like it'll be the last, because it's really held out. Works on my ps3, and my PC. Also works on the ps2 emulator I use on my PC. Great Product. Great quality. Really cool artwork.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Fight Stick - Worth a Buy, November 7, 2013
This is a very solid fight stick and is a MUST for any player of fighting games. It is sturdy and well-built with a good weighty feel to it, but not too heavy at all. You can tell it is not cheap junk like some sticks. The Sanwa joystick and buttons are the real deal arcade components and can be replaced with readily available parts should anything wear out. I prefer to set the stick on the coffee table when playing and the rubber feet never allow it to slide out of place like others I've tried. Most prefer to play with the stick on their lap, which is comfortable, but I get better control on a solid surface.

I would have rated this stick at a 5/5, but had to knock a star off for a couple reasons:
1. Price is pretty high at this point (Nov 2013). I purchased the stick brand new a few months ago for $99 here on Amazon. I just don't understand the doubling in price on a product that has already been available for a while.
2. The stick should really come with an octagonal gate on the joystick instead of a square gate. Plus, you shouldn't have to void your warranty by opening the stick to install an octagonal gate. You will want this upgrade because it makes quarter-circle, half-circle and full-circle moves much more fluid and easier to pull off. Plan on upgrading with this $10 part also available on Amazon, plus it's an easy 10-minute install.

Overall extremely satisfied with this fight stick, which I didn't hesitate to purchase. I would recommend this stick to anyone.
Lezzz go video games!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite, October 22, 2013
I love this fight stick it has a cool design the color is great and the layout is the way i like it thanks Mad Carz for yet another awesome fight stick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth and responsive, October 16, 2013
Kiss_The_Chef "BBBG" (Singapore, Singapore) - See all my reviews
The joystick uses real arcade authentic parts. Great for games like Super Street Fighter 4 and Mortal Kombat. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad Catz got it right with these., October 8, 2013
5 starts because - DURABLE, RESPONSIVE, GREAT FEEL, GREAT PARTS

Mad Catz used to be the company where if you REALLY needed that fourth controller for the weekend you would buy it. You wouldn't expect it to last much longer than a month or two without something breaking. This isn't the case anymore. Especially with these fight sticks. They are pricey but well worth the money. Would recommend for any fighting game enthusiast.

Rate and Discover Movies