4.0 out of 5 stars Re-do shoelaces and you'll be fine.
Published 9 months ago by Melissa

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe Not the Best Fit
Published 11 months ago by Amber R Wood

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Re-do shoelaces and you'll be fine., November 26, 2013
At first I had the exact same problems as the other reviewers, but then after a few days of walking uncomfortably in them, I simply took out the shoe laces entirely and put them back on. When they ship them to you, they are very, very tight. After I took them out and put them on again, they were perfectly normal and now I can wear them every day. They do not bother me at all anymore, nor do I have problems putting them on because of the zipper.

They will definitely keep the water out and they will keep your feet warm, but they offer no traction whatsoever so definitely avoid them if there is any chance of black ice forming, because you're really going to have a hard time. Then again, they weren't meant for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but..., November 16, 2013
This review is from: Madden Girl Women's Gavinn Boot (Apparel)
I like these boots, but I'm not sure if I will keep them. They are a bit stiff, but its not real leather so I gues that's expected. For anyone ordering, I would recommend your true size, or maybe a half size bigger. I'm usually a 7 in normal shoes, but I was also deciding between these and the Steve Madden Troop or Gamer Combat boots, and I was a 6.5 in those, so I went with a 6.5 in these. I had the same problem as the other person who reviewed this, The zipper doesn't come down all the way so it was some work getting my foot in the shoe. Also, the tongue part of the shoe really pressed down on the top of my foot. And this was while wearing thin athletic socks, I wanted to wear these with cute legwarmers and thick socks to keep warm, but I don't know if that will be possible-its a pretty snug fit. Overall its a cute boot, and I'd say its worth the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe Not the Best Fit, September 18, 2013
I like the look and construction of these boots. They seem sturdy. However, the seam connecting the tongue of the boot to the rest of the shoe seems very hard and presses down on the top of my foot in a painful way. Also, I couldn't just unzip the back of the boot and slide my foot in, because of the seam on the back for the heel. I am disappointed and can only hope that after wearing them for a while they will ease up and be more comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Brown Boots, January 2, 2014
The boots looks just like the image; same shade of dark brown. I like them. Your feet may hurt at first, but after a few wears they start to feel more comfortable.
Also, I'm a size 7.5 but a 7.5 in these boots were way too big, I sent them back and got a size 7 and they fit perfect! They exchanged the boots for me without a hassle or without charging me extra for shipping, which I greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks! :)

3.0 out of 5 stars it doesn't fit well at the top of the foot, December 9, 2013
it doesn't fit well at the top of the foot, very painful there
even loosening it up did not help

4.0 out of 5 stars Painful but nothing a heat gun couldn't fix!!, April 25, 2014
This review is from: Madden Girl Women's Gavinn Boot (Apparel)
I love these boots and for the price you can't beat it! I was excited to get them and when I first got them I took out the laces and re laced them. I then put my foot in them and immediately noticed the instep on the boots is extremely painful like many have mentioned. So I took a heat gun and shoved a large wad of paper in the boots, enough to push up on the instep and then applied the heat gun on low. The heat with the stretching caused by the paper allowed the instep to stretch to the point where the boots are extremely comfy now. This process took about 3 minutes on each boot and is permanent. You can use a blow dryer as well on high if you don't have a heat gun. Now I love these boots and have purchased them in black and cognac. I had to use the same method on both but it wasn't a problem for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars super cute, kind of uncomfortable, April 1, 2014
These boots are adorable and fit well, and they were exactly what I was looking for in this price range.
However, the inside of the boot, where the tongue is sewn on makes a lump that squishes the top of my foot, so wearing these for longer than an hour gets to be quite painful.
Otherwise I am very happy with this purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boot but the instep is a bit tight, March 30, 2014
Great combat boot. Excellent design and construction. Alls well except the instep is tight. My foot would start hurting after wearing for a couple of hours. I had to have the instep 'stretched out'. Now it is one of my favorite boot in my collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the way it fits., March 25, 2014
They were a bit shorter than expected, but I love them anyways. The only thing wrong is that underneath the lace on the inner facing part of my feet, both sides dig in really deep to my foot and I have no idea where it's coming from and there isn't a crease in it, so I'm just confused. But it's bearable and they're really cute so I'm giving it a good review anyways.

2.0 out of 5 stars hard to get on, March 25, 2014
My daughter couldn't get this boot on due to the back zipper. Design flaw! Looks like others had the same issue. Otherwise it is cute.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›