Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Madden NFL 08 - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 78% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Madden NFL 08 - Xbox 360
|Price:||$29.23 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$0.76 (3%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Customizable stats summaries
- View gameplay with greater realism at up to 60 frames per second
- Control the lead blocker on running plays - Throw the perfect block to create a running lane, then take control of the tailback and rip off the big gain
- Play your way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame by taking complete control of any position on the field
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
Madden 06? Well... yeah. This is the version that should have been for 06. 2007 at the least. But we won't harp on that - we'll just go off of this game and what we have here now. And what we have here now is a pretty good game, I must admit.
To start off, let's remember that Madden 07 SUCKED. Plain and simple. If you thought otherwise, then... well, to quote the late Rick James: "Cocaine is a hell of a drug." I reviewed it harshly, but accurately. (It's the first one that displays) I said - nay - SWORE that I would not buy another EA football or basketball title until they showed us, as consumers, that they were interested in putting out a quality product and less interested in that '#1 Selling Franchise' logo on the box every year. I missed playing football games, as I usually do around this time of year, so I picked up NCAA 08. I enjoy the college versions usually, and that one was no different. Some of the upgrades on there had me a little curious about what they had in store for this year's Madden, so I kept my eyes open. But I swore to myself - RENT first.
So I did... played a few games, different modes, etc. Then a funny thing happened. I went right back out and bought it. Wow... didn't see that coming. And even more surprising than that, I guess, for some - the FAR BETTER version is on the 360 and NOT the PS3.
So let's see... where to start. I'll start with the cons, since there aren't many of them this year, surprisingly. But the ones that ARE there are biggies, and keep this game out of the 'Great' category and firmly in the 'Very Good' area. (still better than last year's 'Rancid Camel $&?!#' rating)
New England is rated at a 97.Read more ›
Unfortunately, I found the game to be basically unplayable in franchise mode--or at least hard to enjoy. I'm a casual madden player, but I'm usually half decent. However, even at All-Pro the game starts breaking down for me. If you have a merely good running back, even with great speed (like Willie Parker), it's hard to go anywhere without a good line. And if you don't have a running back with good carrying, you'll fumble a lot. You also need a good line to protect your Quarterback, or you'll get sacked repeatedly. You also need a great Quarterback, since a middle of the road one (with, say, accuracy in the high 80's or low 90's) will cause a ton of interceptions. Then on defense you obviously need great players at the key positions. Now, this isn't anything new, and you can never have great players at all the positions (you just can't afford it). However, in past games, your great players could cover for the average players; but that's not the case in this game.
Another problem is that the game just gives too much skill to the CPU. I had Devin Hester as my 3rd string WR, this guy has a 99 speed rating. And DB's STILL not only kept up with him, but would often be able to cut in front of him and make interceptions. Not just leap and knock the ball away or make a pick, but actually run faster than Hester and catch the ball. There is also the lack of times that you can succesfully make deep throws. There was only one time in the game where a guy going deep was wide open.Read more ›
1. Gameplay - Tackling, running, and receiving are improved. Playcalling has changed, allowing for play selection by formation, by type of play, by recently called, or by asking Madden. This throws you off at first, but you grow to accept it.
2. Style - The menus and backgrounds are sleeker, but definitely not easier to use.
3. Features - Weapons system differentiates great players by individual strengths, even allowing some defenders to read plays. More skill ratings this year are nice (all the old ones plus, for example, elusiveness, catch-in-traffic, stiff arm, route running, pursuit, etc.)
1. Menus - I liked the old menu options and features. One small annoyance you find in the 2k series that has made its way into Madden this year is that when trying to make trades, once you select the players, if the trade doesn't work out and you back out to try to set up a trade with the next team, the menu defaults back to the Bears (1st alphabetical team). This is a small thing, but really obnoxious when you have to try to remember who the last team you tried was, then scroll all the way up to the next one. Also, the in-game audio and visual options are gone, so no turning on the blue line of scrimmage (you miss it more than you'd think), and no camera options. Normally the default cam is fine, but in 08 I can never see my wide receivers (even with my widescreen TV), so it would have been nice to be able to move the camera back to a wider view.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works fairly well but disc isn't clean enough to work at 100% , it can freeze while playing. But works fine most of the time.Published 13 days ago by Amazon Customer
I feel like this is the last good madden game and that they killed the franchise. This game is great for any football fan.Published 2 months ago by Brandon Djourabchi
Buy it used for $.01 + Shipping. It's well worth that as the price and this madden version is one of the better ones! Read morePublished 4 months ago by Anthony Frasca