Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Made By Me
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 16, 2009
I just can't get over what a cute, perfect book this is for little girls! I would say there is something here to interest the beginner from age 4 to 12 (obviously with big differences in how independently they work). It starts with a couple of pages about how to make your own sewing basket, if you don't want to buy one. Your child could help with this, of course. My daughter received the book at five with a sewing basket full of all the recommended products and it has been the biggest hit!

The book is just a winner all around. Some of the projects include transferring your child's drawings onto fabric to embroider (a PERFECT gift item for grandparents!), embellishing a t-shirt, tapestry and cross-stitch work, sewing a doll and simple clothes, drawstring pouches, lavender bags, felt lockets and stuffed toys (especially good for young beginners, as felt is so easy to work with), felt flowers (to embellish hair clips, pony tails, etc.), ribbon bag, and felt cupcakes and pincushions. The knitting section includes purses, hats and scarves with pompoms using knitting dolls (even teach you how to make one yourself), finger knitting and needles.

If you're looking for the perfect gift for a little girl, this is it. Collect a basket of supplies and wait for the creative genius to start.
on July 29, 2009
This book is a beautiful and fun intro to fabric and yarn arts. Photos and ideas are colorful and creative. Instructions are clear photos and easy step to step. My grand daughter, aged 7, spent a week with me. This book kept us busy and happy all week as she learned so much. The book will be great for her older cousin too.
on September 17, 2009
I got this book out of our local library and will now be buying it for my niece for Christmas. The pictures are great, the instructions are clear and the projects are interesting (things I would like to have around). I especially appreciate the "can do " attitude the author has in approaching her projects. She doesn't insist on needing to buy tools like pompom makers or spool knitters. In the true spirit of DIY and crafting she tells you how to use cardboard or paper clips. Love it! I might need a copy for me!
on May 15, 2011
The photos are descriptive and show step by step photo instructions on how to create the projects as well as a photo of the completed projects. Everything about the book is cheerful and fun. I purchased it for my daughter and the subsequently for several friends daughters for birthday gifts along with some of the project elements so they could get started. It makes a GREAT gift. Super fun for those rainy summer days when there's nothing to do. FIVE STARS!
on June 16, 2014
I bought Made by Me as a companion book to Crafty Creatures by Jane Bull. The pictures and projects really appeal to the ‘little girl’ in me. Although it is clearly geared toward little girls, older children and/or adults could easily complete many of the projects. Colorful embroidered pouches, lavender or dried herb bags, pocket lockets are a few of the projects that would make great gifts. Very basic embroidery, sewing and knitting instructions are included with clear pictures and directions. This is not a book for anyone looking for advanced skills or projects, probably including children. It’s perfect children who are beginners, and for adults whose ‘inner child’ is looking for a sweet treat.
on September 3, 2013
I purchased this for my daughter along with a bunch of other sewing "stuff", she read the whole thing cover to cover, quietly plotting her next project! It is pretty basic, but photos are good and seem to stimulate the creative juices.
on January 14, 2014
This was the cutest little book. It is full of simple & adorable ideas for a beginning crafter. Even us older crafters said we might have to get us a book like this. It shows many types of different crafts. For example sewing, crocheting & many other types of things. It is a good place for a beginner to start & see what sparks their interest before you invest in multiple books & projects.
on January 14, 2014
This book is full of really cute ideas for homemade crafts. I got this for my 7 year old daughter. Most projects require adult assistance for her age. One drawback for us was that there are only a couple crafts for each "subject" so you have to buy a lot of supplies to do all of the crafts. We have only focused on sewing crafts so far.
on July 22, 2011
A friend of mine had this book at a knitting group our daughters attended together. Once I looked through it that day, I knew I HAD to get it for my daughter! It's perfect for girls age 6-7 on up. It has given me lots of ideas for crafts I can do with all of my children (boys too!). And all of the projects don't really require expensive materials to make. In fact, the book encourages girls to be thrifty and find bits of materials, buttons, ribbon, etc around the house and collect them for making the crafts.

The instructions for needlepoint, which I had always thought was too intimidating, were VERY easy and broken down so well that a small child could do it easily. I'm buying several of these to keep on hand to give as birthday gifts for young girls.

My only complaint about this book is that it isn't longer!
on March 19, 2013
This is such a cool book for an 8 y.o. girl. So many creative ideas that have sparked her own versions of projects that she can make. It has kept her entertained for hours. I am enjoying the quiet time. The book was colorful, clear and captivating to young minds. Good buy!