Made in USA or China? Is the Lodge and Lodge Logic the same company? Are the pans made in China or USA?
asked by Kim on October 16, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Lodge Manufacturing's small line of enamel-coated cookware is imported from China. All the rest of its cast-iron cookware branded Lodge or Lodge Logic is made (and quite well, I would add) in South Pittsburg, Tennessee, USA.
Wesley Everett answered on December 1, 2010
Comment | 30 of 30 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
They're one of the only ones still made in the United States
junebug answered on October 24, 2011
Comment | 13 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
the two Lodge are the same, they're one of the only companies still making cast iron in the United States.
junebug answered on October 24, 2011
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Lodge Logic is made by Lodge. It's not two companies. It's the same cast iron cookware Lodge has always made, except now it comes seasoned from the factory. When Lodge started pre-seasoning its cookware a few years ago, they changed the name to Lodge Logic.
Rae answered on March 15, 2012
Comment | 11 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
so we should buy from them and support the US & quit buying the cheap things from China that fall apart fast. Thanks for telling us where it was made--now I will buy it for sure.
J Myers answered on November 8, 2011
Comment | 15 of 18 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I buy American almost exclusively when I have a choice, but some countries are known for the best quality of certain things. I do like and buy German tools. The problem with buying Chinese and other Pacific rim items, is that they are made there because it's cheaper than other areas in the world. Why? The workers are exploited. I can't support that in good conscience. And corporations here that have abandoned the USA and produce generally inferior items to boost their profits is repulsive to me also.
Mark Holbrook answered on February 11, 2012
Comment | 7 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'd like to know, too. Anyone who has bought one of these, can you tell us if the Lodge and/or Lodge proLogic are made in the USA? Thanks!
Ginkgo answered on November 17, 2010
Comment | 2 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
American companies don't necessarily WANT to go overseas. they are forced by high corporate taxation -even Europe has learned this is folly and has reduced their corporate taxes to below 20% whereby their in-country production and therefore employment has increased. It's almost as tho in the U.S. - it's by design to force overseas production. hmmmm wonder why?
Katy B. Good answered on June 30, 2012
Comments (3) | 3 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think we should ignore where things are made and buy things that fit our needs (considering quality/price), research well, if Italians make better shoes buy Italian shoes, if Japanese make better more dependable cars buy Japanese cars, we need to remember that the American companies manufacturing their goods 'overseas' as we put it are American owned only the labour is supplied by these countries which is why these companies are Anti-American in nature as they kill small businesses suppress inventiveness and freedom of choice by consumers as well as causing an increase in the cost of living and unlike what the politicians would have you believe the are NOT 'job creators' as they use less labour /dollar earned and pay less taxes /dollar earned compared to small / medium businesses.
the madpebbler answered on November 12, 2011
Comment | 9 of 31 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›