Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

TOP 50 REVIEWERon January 26, 2012
My wife begged me to order this "Action Plan" with the "Devotional." Action Plan is designed to work for a small group, SS class, Bible study, or even a non religious group as long as they realize it relies heavily on Bible scripture and a Christian belief of God, His saving grace, and His power to help women, "even for girls who don't crave carrots," as the NYT bestselling author Lysa Terkeurst states.
My wife knows it is supposed to last over several weeks, meetings, or whatever, but she dives into the pages like it's a novel eager to absorb all of the inspiration and assurances that she finds in rereading the original "Made to Crave" book. She loves original, and now the devotional, plus the action plan books. I love her so much, and she's so lovely (even over age 60-don't tell her I told you that), and of course she received all 3 books. My wife is worth the cost. She works hard at maintaining a healthy weight, exercise, food control, and has success due to prayer, persistence, and inspirational things like her "Made to Crave" trilogy.

"A POWERFUL, inspiring, encouraging, THOUGHT-PROVOKING devotional and action plan, just like the original 'Made to Crave' was," she said. "Thoroughly seasoned with scriptures that have been very practical tools to help me in my weight-loss struggle.
..."Lysa also uses her very humanness and sense of humor to bring hope and help to these issues of food and how it affects my relationship with God.
..."As I read each day's devotional, two things happen: #1- I can't wait to read the next day's entry, and #2- I want hours to think about, reread, and absorb every word, till my soul is deeply touched. I know I'll read it over & over. A real gift from God."

Surely some day, this author will come forth with a small adaptations, maybe with the help of her husband, so men can experience the presence and power of God in overcoming their own obese potential cravings. The Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food should be "EVEN FOR (MEN) WHO DON'T CRAVE CARROTS."
Until then, try reading it in the closet with a flashlight.

The cost of "Made to Crave", the Devotional, and the Action Plan combined is less than the cost of one doctor visit, a month at the gym, a month's dues to a diet group, and you may save that amount next month on food purchase options.

Sure this Action Plan is a group guide, but then you and God make a group, right?
44 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2012
I like that this book includes lists of food with carbs, fiber, etc. listed. Really like the Scripture verses to keep motivated and focused on God. I like that there is places to write personal thoughts or goals; able to keep track of weight loss and measurements. This is a great, fun way to lose weight and not have to endure the guilt placed on you by others.
on March 1, 2012
This book/dvd was exactly what I thought it would be and has already been very helpful. It came quickly and I am pleased with my purchase.
on February 27, 2012
This book is a great help with the weight loss journey. It is a wonderful companion to the "Made to Crave" book.
on April 6, 2014
Brilliant way to focus on healthy eating with Bible Study but I think it worked so well because I was doing it in conjunction with others and had already read Made to Crave. First time I have lost weight and it has stayed off and helps focus on spiritual relationship with God.
on January 30, 2013
I read 'Made to Crave' 3 times. Needless to say I loved it so when I found the companion to it, I was delighted. I found it very helpful.
on March 10, 2014
I'm using this Participant's Guide with the Proverbs 31 Made to Crave Action Plan online Bible Study. The study is very informative, and the e-book is useful. But if you plan to use it with an online Bible Study, I would recommend purchasing the paper copy instead of the e-book, since adding notes after listening to the weekly teaching and then referring back to them is more difficult with this format.

Even without the online study and videos, this book includes much helpful information about how to improve your diet and nutrition. The book is full of practical suggestions concerning how to increase fiber in your diet (and the benefits of doing this), the different types of dietary fat and which ones we need to avoid, the most nutritious fruits and vegetables and their benefits, and many other things. And this is balanced with spiritual insights that provide help in putting food in a proper place in our lives. I highly recommend both the original Made to Crave book and the follow-up Action Plan.
on October 30, 2015
I love the book, Made to Crave. I bought the book, and the participant's guide as well, so that I could do the study on my own. It comes at a time in my life, when each page….each sentence speaks so clearly to me.
The trouble is that with the participant's guide, there is reference made to videos. Videos? That is huge with the study. I really think that if it's made available as a Kindle book, then whatever goes along with it, should be made available as well. I think a link to the video guides would be helpful. If it is, and I have missed this bit of information, I apologize.
on March 2, 2014
I love the book Made to Crave! I would suggest reading that instead of this. If you already read "Made to Crave" and are looking for more I may suggest this but be warned that if you have a family you are cooking for most of this is unrealistic. They want you to eat a lot of fish and other no mainstream items. That is great in theory but I have 2 young boys that will not eat fish! They did have other suggestions like eating 25 grams of Fiber and so on. But overall I didn't find enough of it realistic for my life.
on March 26, 2014
I will admit that this book at first glance seemed like it would be a breeze. I wouldn't call it that now. It has a lot of detail information to help me make good life-long healthy living choices. Not only that, but it has also shown me that I too often turn to food for things like comfort. Food is meant to fuel the body not to comfort us. If you are serious about changing then this is the book for you.