My wife begged me to order this devotional. She so love the original book, yet reads and rereads it, and maintains her doctor approved weight, but with a great struggle. Craving. It's not a sin, not curse, but can be a setback. Of course I said yes, and after some use ask her how she liked her new books, Devotional & Action Plan, from Made to Crave.

"A...
Published on January 26, 2012 by Harold Wolf

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
This is a good book to get you started on the right track with food and eating properly. Enjoy the journey
Published 6 months ago by Lady Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife's favorite devotional, answered prayer for her struggle, January 26, 2012
Harold Wolf "Doc" (Wells, IN United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food (Paperback)

"A POWERFUL, inspiring, encouraging, THOUGHT-PROVOKING devotional, just like the original 'Made to Crave' was," she said. "Thoroughly seasoned with scriptures that have been very practical tools to help me in my weight-loss struggle.
..."Lysa also uses her very humanness and sense of humor to bring hope and help to these issues of food and how it affects my relationship with God.
..."As I read each day's devotional, two things happen: #1- I can't wait to read the next day's entry, and #2- I want hours to think about, reread, and absorb every word, till my soul is deeply touched. I know I'll read it over & over. A real gift from God."

And she will read it over and over, like her favorite novels. She's winning the life long regaining batter, partially to to Crave books, part God's power, part her own. At 60+, she's beautiful, even hot (may I ad as her husband). OK, I cheated as a man and sneaked a look, read a few devotionals. I found a fault. It's written especially for women. Not right, we men have needs too, and the advice, the scriptures, the thoughts can work just as healthy with men. Men need God's helping hand in weight control too.
This devotional should be "EVEN FOR (MEN) WHO DON'T CRAVE CARROTS."

The cost of "Made to Crave", the Devotional, and the Action Plan combined is less than the cost of one doctor visit, a month at the gym, a month's dues to a diet group, and you may save that amount next month on food purchase options.

I love my lovely weight-loosing wife, SHE is worth the book cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great devotional for a great price, December 29, 2011
I read Made to Crave last year as part of a study group. I was excited to see Lysa made a devotional from the book, more excited to see that it contained some new material, and even more excited to see that there was a Kindle edition (and for half the price of the paperback version). I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and am looking forward to using it for this devotional book as part of my New Year resolution to get back on track both with eating habits and my morning daily devotion routine. I have both participated and led Lysa TerKeurst studies as well as heard her speak at a women's event at my church. God uses Lysa to speak to women in such a powerful way because she is so approachable, so gifted at showing how God works in the everyday details of our lives, and how He loves us so completely even as we make mistakes. If you need a Made to Crave refresher like me, or if you want to get a taste (pun intended!) of Lysa's style in a devotional format, this book is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational for all the aspects of my life!, January 7, 2012
I've been given quite a few devotionals over the past couple of years. This one is the ONLY one I've been able to relate to. And not only for struggles with weight-loss. So many light bulbs have gone off in my head!! Epiphanies abound! It's a great book for Christians at any level faith. I've never been so excited about a book in my life, faith-based or otherwise. If you aren't sure about purchasing this... just do it. Seriously. It's life-changing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Learning to Crave God, Not Food, January 17, 2012
After the success of Made to Crave, Lysa TerKeurst has returned with new insights, as well as some favorites in a 60 Day devotional to help aid people on their weight loss journey. This devotional is not like any dieting book you have seen, rather than telling you how and what to eat, when you should exercise and how many miles you need to run today TerKeurst is tackling the root of the problem of battling a weight loss journey. The cravings. We all have them, we fill our needs with food, we emotionally eat, crave more when we are bored and the list goes on.

TerKeurst has come along beside us to help us see the reasons behind those things and how we are placing food as an idol and turning it into a god. Instead she wants to help us re-evaluate and crave God more not food. This book is full of great snapshots and some tough challenges. Made to Crave is not only for those searching to lose weight or get a handle on their cravings, this book has information to be gleaned by everyone that can speak into many aspects of your life. Definitley a book to look into as we search to crave God more and more each day.

I received this book complimentary from Zondervan through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, February 12, 2012
My wife and I are reading through the daily devotional, along with the book, together. Even though this is written by a woman to women for weight loss, as a man I dont feel threatened by what she says. I feel I am gaining so much from it in several areas of my life. And it is helping me understand better the struggles my wife goes through in her battle with her weight. God made both my wife and me to crave, and the two of us are learning to crave more of Him, together.
Also, the book and devotional arrived so much quicker than we thought they would. We are very pleased!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The healthiest I've ever thought about weightloss., June 19, 2014
Suffice it to say, I've been on a diet since I was 10. I was hesitant to buy this devotional after reading the book, because the author had a whopping 30 pounds to loose. I need to lose 30 pounds a leg . . . and 30 for each arm. That said, I'm so glad I bought this devotional. It's hard to wear your struggles on the outside. So many things resonated with me for the first time in my life. I know how to eat healthily. I know how to exercise. But I'm not sure I really understood the God part. Now I do, and I'm so grateful. I can do this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read and REread, November 1, 2013
In this last year of my 55 pound weight loss I've read this devotional twice, then worked through it with friends another two times! Great insight without ever making the weight loss journey about performance or perfectionism. Many of the concepts Lysa shared helped me adjust my thinking and contributed to my victory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 17, 2012
This was my first of what I hope to be many of my Kindle Fire books uploads. This is the third bible study our ladies group have been involved with, we love Lysa's testimony and books. Love, Love, Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars What do you crave?, November 12, 2013
This is a good motivational book. She gets down to the problem of we do not crave God...we crave food instead!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Speaks Directly to Me, September 11, 2012
This is the 4th book that I have purchased from this author. Lysa speaks dirctly to me. It is almost like I have written the book about me. I find myself reading and re-reading each devotion in this book. It contains so much infomation that has to take awhile to soak into your heart. Highly reccomend this devotional to anyone that has been struggling with their weight and whom desire much more than just weight loss.

Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food
Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food by Lysa TerKeurst (Paperback - November 30, 2011)
$12.99 $11.04