Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 50 REVIEWERon January 26, 2012
My wife begged me to order this devotional. She so love the original book, yet reads and rereads it, and maintains her doctor approved weight, but with a great struggle. Craving. It's not a sin, not curse, but can be a setback. Of course I said yes, and after some use ask her how she liked her new books, Devotional & Action Plan, from Made to Crave.

"A POWERFUL, inspiring, encouraging, THOUGHT-PROVOKING devotional, just like the original 'Made to Crave' was," she said. "Thoroughly seasoned with scriptures that have been very practical tools to help me in my weight-loss struggle.
..."Lysa also uses her very humanness and sense of humor to bring hope and help to these issues of food and how it affects my relationship with God.
..."As I read each day's devotional, two things happen: #1- I can't wait to read the next day's entry, and #2- I want hours to think about, reread, and absorb every word, till my soul is deeply touched. I know I'll read it over & over. A real gift from God."

And she will read it over and over, like her favorite novels. She's winning the life long regaining batter, partially to to Crave books, part God's power, part her own. At 60+, she's beautiful, even hot (may I ad as her husband). OK, I cheated as a man and sneaked a look, read a few devotionals. I found a fault. It's written especially for women. Not right, we men have needs too, and the advice, the scriptures, the thoughts can work just as healthy with men. Men need God's helping hand in weight control too.
This devotional should be "EVEN FOR (MEN) WHO DON'T CRAVE CARROTS."

The cost of "Made to Crave", the Devotional, and the Action Plan combined is less than the cost of one doctor visit, a month at the gym, a month's dues to a diet group, and you may save that amount next month on food purchase options.

I love my lovely weight-loosing wife, SHE is worth the book cost.
22 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2014
Suffice it to say, I've been on a diet since I was 10. I was hesitant to buy this devotional after reading the book, because the author had a whopping 30 pounds to loose. I need to lose 30 pounds a leg . . . and 30 for each arm. That said, I'm so glad I bought this devotional. It's hard to wear your struggles on the outside. So many things resonated with me for the first time in my life. I know how to eat healthily. I know how to exercise. But I'm not sure I really understood the God part. Now I do, and I'm so grateful. I can do this.
on December 29, 2011
I read Made to Crave last year as part of a study group. I was excited to see Lysa made a devotional from the book, more excited to see that it contained some new material, and even more excited to see that there was a Kindle edition (and for half the price of the paperback version). I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and am looking forward to using it for this devotional book as part of my New Year resolution to get back on track both with eating habits and my morning daily devotion routine. I have both participated and led Lysa TerKeurst studies as well as heard her speak at a women's event at my church. God uses Lysa to speak to women in such a powerful way because she is so approachable, so gifted at showing how God works in the everyday details of our lives, and how He loves us so completely even as we make mistakes. If you need a Made to Crave refresher like me, or if you want to get a taste (pun intended!) of Lysa's style in a devotional format, this book is for you.
on February 12, 2012
My wife and I are reading through the daily devotional, along with the book, together. Even though this is written by a woman to women for weight loss, as a man I dont feel threatened by what she says. I feel I am gaining so much from it in several areas of my life. And it is helping me understand better the struggles my wife goes through in her battle with her weight. God made both my wife and me to crave, and the two of us are learning to crave more of Him, together.
Also, the book and devotional arrived so much quicker than we thought they would. We are very pleased!!
on January 17, 2012
After the success of Made to Crave, Lysa TerKeurst has returned with new insights, as well as some favorites in a 60 Day devotional to help aid people on their weight loss journey. This devotional is not like any dieting book you have seen, rather than telling you how and what to eat, when you should exercise and how many miles you need to run today TerKeurst is tackling the root of the problem of battling a weight loss journey. The cravings. We all have them, we fill our needs with food, we emotionally eat, crave more when we are bored and the list goes on.

TerKeurst has come along beside us to help us see the reasons behind those things and how we are placing food as an idol and turning it into a god. Instead she wants to help us re-evaluate and crave God more not food. This book is full of great snapshots and some tough challenges. Made to Crave is not only for those searching to lose weight or get a handle on their cravings, this book has information to be gleaned by everyone that can speak into many aspects of your life. Definitley a book to look into as we search to crave God more and more each day.

I received this book complimentary from Zondervan through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
on November 1, 2013
In this last year of my 55 pound weight loss I've read this devotional twice, then worked through it with friends another two times! Great insight without ever making the weight loss journey about performance or perfectionism. Many of the concepts Lysa shared helped me adjust my thinking and contributed to my victory.
on April 15, 2016
Like so many women i know, i have suffered through the roller-coaster of dieting, losing weight, gaining weight, feeling bad, then starting all over again. Until i read the book Made to Crave i didn't realize my cycle and eating disorder were truly a outer symptom of an inner struggle. This book and the devotional have changed my life for the better. The devotional is packed with 60 short, wisdom filled devotions to help you be strong and keep relying on God for the strength to resist temptation and helps you crave God, not food. I can see this being a devotional i read more than once, as the truths in it won't ever get stale. Lysa TerKeurst writes like you are friends and she is just causally conversing with you, making her words relatable and making the book and devotional easy to read and process. I simply cannot say enough good things here. If you struggle with food issues or dieting issues, i 1000% recommend you pick up the book and this devotional and get a fresh perspective that will really help.
on December 4, 2014
Are you ready to really face your desire to overeat? If so, this is the book for you. It is very intense. I am now going through it the second time and finding out more and more about myself. I suggest you order the devotional book, too.
on January 7, 2012
I've been given quite a few devotionals over the past couple of years. This one is the ONLY one I've been able to relate to. And not only for struggles with weight-loss. So many light bulbs have gone off in my head!! Epiphanies abound! It's a great book for Christians at any level faith. I've never been so excited about a book in my life, faith-based or otherwise. If you aren't sure about purchasing this... just do it. Seriously. It's life-changing.
on February 14, 2016
Learn how to crave more of God and less of the things of this world. Although primarily focusing on achieving weight loss for all of the right reasons, I frequently find that Lysa's thoughts apply to every day life as well.