Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Made In Europe
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 1, 2007
Great remaster of this fantastic live album. The remastered sound is punchy and crisp, with Ian Paice's drumming thrashing about in all its glory. One little nitpick, Blackmore's guitar seems to be pushed a little bit back in the mix here and there, but it's never inaudible. It's a great CD, although there are no bonus tracks. And bassist Glenn Hughes' high-pitched shrieking doesn't occur much here. Only on the break in "Burn," and a spot or two elsewhere, which is great. Glenn is a fantastic bassist and a great singer when he sings in his natural range, but his shrieking is hit and miss. Thankfully, there's little of his squealing here. Glenn's bass sounds great on this remaster, too. I never owned this LP or the original CD, so I don't know what to compare it to, but to these ears, this jewel sounds great. I only wish there was a little bit more artwork and essays in the CD booklet (like the Gillan-Glover reissues), but the remastering is really great.
on January 7, 2008
I remember buying this album back in 1979-80, and the new remastered edition is a welcome improvement to the original vinyl recording. Unquestionably, Made in Europe is yet another shining example of Deep Purple's superb live musicianship. All of the songs on this album (Burn, Mistreated, You Fool No One, Lady Doubledealer, and Stormbringer) are infused with an electricity and emotion that I feel make them more enjoyable than the studio versions, especially the live renditions of Burn, Mistreated, and You Fool No one. Each member of the band is firing on all cylinders with his respective instrumental or vocal contribution, making this album an overlooked treasure for both fanatics and casual listeners alike.

I have read in other Amazon reviews a certain bias against Glenn Hughes, which I feel is unwarranted. After listening to his bass playing on this album, I am more impressed with his improvisational skills and his crisp, decisive note playing than before. Actually, and no disrespect intended to Roger Glover, if you listen carefully to this album and compare it to Made in Japan, Glenn Hughes far outshines his Mark II counterpart in a live performance. I do have one small critical remark about the album, and that is the muted guitar on Lady Doubledealer. You really have to crank up the volume to enjoy Blackmore's guitar genius because it is audibly hemmed in by Paice's drums and Lord's keyboards. Otherwise, this live offering is a five-star tour-de-force and well worth the investment. David Coverdale sums it up succintly in his vocal intro to Burn when he says "Rock and Roll." Made in Europe epitomizes the very best of hard rock music in the 1970s.
on December 15, 2009
I owned this recording back in the day when vinyl was king. The transition to digital is of course fantastic. I am a huge DP fan and every fan should have this CD. While it may be somewhat overlooked compared to Made in Japan it is still a must have in every DP or hard rock or guitar hero collection!! The recordings of Burn and Mistreated are each worth the price of the CD by themselves. BUY THIS CD.
on September 14, 2007
Alright! I knew that one of these days "Made in Europe" would finally be issued in a remastered format, and I'm glad that it finally happened. I literally wore out the vinyl version when it was released back in 1976, and it's good to see a CD mix that does the original some justice.

Chronicling the final concerts of the Mark III Purple era, "Made In Europe" showcases surprisingly tight performances from all of the members of the band. I say surprising because Ritchie Blackmore was reportedly very disinterested at the time, as he was planning to leave the band in short order. His playing on this record belies none of that, however. His shredding solo during "You Fool No One" certainly doesn't seem tossed-off or mailed-in in any way.

"Made in Europe" also proves that Purple still had quite the proto-metal edge to it's style. Glenn Hughes added some funk elements to the Purple sound, but little of that can be heard on this disk. The band instead focuses on giving the head-on hard rock treatment to all of these songs. "Stormbringer" for example,is far heavier than it was in it's studio incarnation, proving that the band still regarded itself primarily as a heavy rock vehicle.

All in all, this is a tremendous 70's-era hard rock live recording. Gotta get it if you're a Deep Purple fan.
on July 12, 2012
This is my favourite Deep Purple's line-up. If not exclusively for the presence of my also favourite Rock and Roll singer/bass player, Glenn Hughes, I also enjoy very much the way Glenn and Jon Lord interact throughout the album. This remastered edition is superb, beating my older CD version I have since a long time ago. In terms of sound (volume and clarity), it is another great job from Friday Music. I highly recommend this CD.
on August 31, 2010
The album is great. A great remastering and a good way to put a bow on the Coverdale/Hughes era of Blackmore's Purple. My main reason for writing this though is just to alert everyone who downloads this is tht the last three tracks are labeled in the wrong order. They're still great, but you're going to want to go and relabel them in your iTunes. That is all. Enjoy!
on October 14, 2013
Massive jam out on BURN and LP closer STORMBRIGNER......much observed era of the band, after Ian Gillian and Roger Glover left after Made In Japan/Who Do We Think We Are albums. Stellar material, long gone era.
on June 20, 2013
I had this vinyl back in the day. I loved this album because I saw the band in '74 during the US leg of the tour. Fantastic show and this is a fantastic performance. I doubt DP ever put on a bad show. Lots of good memories listening this again.
on June 7, 2011
I'm glad I finally acquired "Made In Europe", remastered, on cd. I have been waiting for it a long time. I only wish there would have been some added goodies. But, the void has been filled.
on February 8, 2012
I love Deep Purple, is my favorite band, but next time i am going to think twice before buy a REMASTERED cd, it sound like playing a "tape", too much background "hiss" (noise).I have live recordings made around the same time, and later REMASTERED and they sound very well.