Made in Japan? Can someone confirm that this rice cooker is 100% made in Japan?
asked by R. Dunn on January 23, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
votes
I don't know that I can confirm that it is 100% Japanese made (perhaps calling Zojirushi would help you find out if each individual component and the raw materials are made there), but the box and cooker itself for this model say "made in Japan." Another model I saw at Crate and Barrel clearly says made in China.
slc answered on January 23, 2011

A
votes
I emailed the company and they responded and said it is made in Japan. Not sure if 100 percent made in japan but that is what they told me.
Aloha Girl answered on January 31, 2011

A
votes
i have been shopping around for a rice cooker. didn't realize how many, and price range there are. i have asked my asian friends, and coworkers what they use/recommend. all agree that the "made in japan" are far superior to anything made in china. i think that goes for all products!
justjack answered on February 7, 2011

A
votes
I just contacted Zoji with the same concern myself. This is the new list. Pretty much all the models
made in Japan are the most expensive exept the NS-ZCC10 or NS-ZCC18

These 2 are actually a great bang for you $ . You can do a side by side comparison chart on the Zojirushi website.

Rice Cookers manufactured in Japan.
NP-HTC10/18
NP-HBC10/18
NP-KAC10/18
NP-GBC05
NS-YAC10/18
NS-ZCC10/18
NS-DAC10
T. ross answered on June 6, 2011

A
votes
The previous post is not totally true. So far, all the NS-ZCC18 I have seen in stores in Chinatown have "Made in China" printed on the outside of the box
whereas NS-ZCC10 shows "Made in Japan". On the Amazon website, ZCC10 is made in Japan but they don't say it for ZCC18 or several other models.
BBY answered on January 13, 2012

A
votes
Country of manufacture was not important to me. The Zojirushi customer service rep did say this model was made in Japan, that the two Induction Heating models were made in China (he volunteered this info). He also said their manufacturing standards were the same in China and Japan--the models were of identical quality (of course, he couldn't say otherwise).
S. Wilson answered on January 27, 2012

A
votes
I just got the NS ZCC10 5 1/2 cup model two days ago. It has made in Japan on the box and on the cooker itself. I don't know about the machine parts or computer parts.
Iowamooch answered on February 7, 2012

A
vote
I was also told by Zoji cust svc that ZCC10 is made in Japan and still one of the best non induction heating rice cookers they have. Also, if you make a comparison vs the other newer comparable Zoji models, ZCC10 is still better featurewise. I just got this w the 20% discount for kitchen wares running now.
jdeej777 answered on May 2, 2012

A
votes
I bought the "made in china" model at Costco and it is highly inferior to this model here. I returned it back to Costco and bought this one and the difference is like night and day. I cooked jasmine, calrose, basmati, and sushi rice on both models, following the instructions they came with and the china model always yielded soggy, wet rice. Yuck! Fork out the extra dough on the Japan model; you won't regret it!
MN answered on September 16, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›