7,244 Reviews
 (6,221)

5.0 out of 5 stars THE WALKING DEAD Season 3 Blu-Ray Limited Edition
Published 16 months ago by JETThorson02248705

3.0 out of 5 stars Walking Dead Season 3 - Very Dark
First! I love this show, so only giving it 3-stars is very difficult. Season 3 mostly revolved around the Govenor character, He was a mudering maniac. I got tired of him very quickly. Also too many main characters were killed off in this season (2-in one show).
Published 11 months ago by Charlotte R. Jenkins

5.0 out of 5 stars THE WALKING DEAD Season 3 Blu-Ray Limited Edition, August 27, 2013
This Blu-Ray set is really awesome! The "Zombie Head Aquarium" is a hard plastic case with two plastic aquariums with either two or three (five total) severed heads with a few decorative twigs, both aquariums are removable and the lids come off, you can fill the two aquariums with water and put the lids back on. The case itself takes four (4) AAA batteries on the bottom, and right-side up, the front of the case, the "3" for "SEASON 3" is the button to turn on the six little lights in the case that will illuminate the two aquariums, when put back into the case after filling them with water. The Blu-Ray DVD set fits into a sleeve in the back of the case. Batteries are separate. The Walker Heads are attached to a clip that clips onto the back of the aquariums, so that the heads gives the illusion that they are floating.
The Blu-Ray DVDs consist of five discs (Discs 1-4 are the Episodes. Disc 1 - Episodes 1-4. Disc 2 - Episodes 5-8. Disc 3 - Episodes 9-12. Disc 4 - Episodes 13-16. Disc 5 - Bonus Features.) The Bonus Features includes: Episodes 4, 5, 8, 9, & 15 have Commentary; Behind-The-Features of The Walking Dead Season 3; and Deleted Scenes from Episodes 3, 5, 6, 10, 11, & 12. Inserts include the directions on how to set up the Zombie Head Aquarium, and the Special Offers insert for The Walking Dead and other AMC TV Series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rating the Limited Edition set only, August 30, 2013
So I got my Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition BluRay in the mail today.

I was excited to see how this sucker looks put together so I unboxed it. I decided first thing to slide the BluRay disc hardbook part into the back of the head case. Bad idea...

People, DO NOT slide your movies in there if you are a collector and like your items pristine. It was a bit tough to get out for one (I had to pull from both top and bottom to finally get it to slide out). BUT, the worse part is a major design flaw - at least for collectors. There are 2 little rounded tabs that are indented on the back of the container (inside) that are meant to hold the BluRay hardbook in place tighter. Only problem is, when you slide the movie out, you're left with a gouge / indented line running across the front of your nice BluRay hardbook. Not good at ALL :(

I found this out the hard way, so I hope you read this in advance of getting yours.

I saw a lot of people complaining about the screw on the bottom. Mine came out fine using my small head phillips screwdriver. I also have no problem with the set itself - it's your typical hard plastic/vinyl "toy" setup (which is what I expected) but it looks pretty cool once the water is in and lights are on. I do worry that the button used to turn the lights on (the "3" on the front logo) will wear out/break over time - crossing fingers on that. The instructions (on the inside of the hardbook) state that the heads can go on in any place. This is not true. The hangars on the back of each head are offset according to the position they go in the water case, so pay attention to that when you are putting the heads in there.

All in all, I like it - just wish I had seen those 2 indented tabs before sliding my movie in. They are are not really necessary since the set will more than likely be sitting on a shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortably awesome, November 18, 2012
This show pushes my limits. Not the creepy scary "zombie" flick type, that makes you laugh, but I see these people going through real struggles and learning how to rely on each other. They are becoming accustomed to losing members of their group.We get to see factions devolve into a more primitive society. I watch the show and some parts really make me uncomfortable. But, I cannot wait till the next episode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant get enough of this show, November 10, 2012
Every season thus far has been great - I would definitely recommend starting at Season 1 and having a marathon to get caught up. It's one of the must see shows on TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding show!, October 15, 2012
We LOVE The Walking Dead series! It's one of the best shows on tv (and I don't even like zombies!). Great storyline, characters are well-developed. We look forward to every episode. I'm not a horror fan AT ALL, but this series is different. You can get so engrossed in the story that you forget there even are zombies at times. My teenager was watching a marathon (before AMC was pulled on Dish) several months ago, and I happened to walk past the tv, got interested in the dialogue, and wound up watching the entire series up to that point. Been hooked ever since. It's that good.

To my fellow Dish grumblers ... I can sympathize with you. We had a massive revolt and a threatened mutiny at our house when Dish dropped the AMC channel over the summer. Honestly, TWD is the ONLY show we watch on AMC, and since we are still under contract with Dish, it makes no sense for us to switch providers right now. I have called Dish numerous times over the past few months and complained. I've also written AMC and complained. Dish finally offered us a free Roku and $35 credit on our bill so we can watch the entire season of TWD via streaming. If you're a Dish customer, this is certainly worth looking into. You do have to wait until the next day to watch the latest episode (which is a minor inconvenience), but we were able to do so with no problem.

*For those having trouble finding the episodes* - scroll down to where it says, "Watch other episodes from Season 3". I do think the way Amazon has Season 3 listed under the "Inside the Walking Dead" preview is very confusing for folks who aren't familiar with how this works.

Whether Dish and AMC ever come to an agreement is anybody's guess, but if you're a Walking Dead fan and a Dish subscriber, I would highly recommend you complain loudly (to both AMC and Dish) about this being settled. You have a voice and it does matter since you're paying for their services. I'm aggravated with both parties, so please don't think I'm taking either side.

Regardless, we are able to watch the newest Walking Dead episodes as they come out. Amazon's Instant Video service worked great for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING TV SHOW!!, September 2, 2013
Me and my husband started watching this series on Netflix and had to see the last season before the new one in October. Hands down the best show I have ever watched!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Walking Dead Season 3 - Very Dark, January 4, 2014
I was always sad after I watched a show. The first and second season had more of an uplifting theme. This season made me feel that we could not survive as human beings together at all. Ofcourse I will continue to watch The Walking Dead no matter what happens.
You should buy this season in order to know what is going to happen next. It does continue the flow of the story into Season 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best zombie concept ever produced., August 25, 2013
This show has moved from the simple zombie eats everyone with one hero left standing to a true human drama about survival. I do not suggest it for the faint of heart with regards to blood and guts. But if you are past that, then the character development and the depth of the human relationships then this is truly for you. Zombies are cool, but this is about survival, rebuilding civilization, and the importance of leadership that comes with consequences.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sublime evolution of a layered story line, December 4, 2012
The third season has proven to be a peerless development of a continuing story. Season1 gave us a rag tag band of disillusioned survivors desperate to find any means for rescue from the inescapable fate before them and the main threat to existence were the 'Walkers'. Season 2 had that group become more seasoned in the art and tactics of surviving; running was not the only means of existence anymore which left the seeds of distrust and in fighting to be nurtured, take root, and grow into near civil war in the troop. Season 3 now has them as experienced warriors, like old fashioned Dungeons & Dragons our level one band of rogues, conjurers, and fighters have become level 10 veterans who charge right into their old nemeses like hot knives through butter. The walkers are now the side story and the real threat to the world, just as in real life, are the humans themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Limited Edition Aquarium of Heads!, August 27, 2013
This boxed set is as awesome as it looks! Just got mine assemled and love it. BUT one major flaw! The box of dvds slides in behind the tanks and is so tight you cant get it back out! No finger hole on opposite side to push. Had to use a knife and pull out the top tank. I will not store the boxed set there because every time u insert or remove it the plastic scrapes the box and eventually will ruin the pristine look of the boxed dvds. That is my only complaint with this set but would still buy it! Just store the dvds elsewhere!

Made to Suffer