5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Ems boot, well made and a good value **UPDATED***
I am a paramedic and use this boot for work. I was skeptical at first due to the low price. Boots usually last me around 6-8 months, I am very hard on them. I will update this as I use them more but I will list my first impressions below.

Published 11 months ago by Mark frank

3.0 out of 5 stars not what i expected.
boots are nice and light to wear, should have alittle more padding for soles..what I didn't like but shows in picture is the zipper, Looks like a heavy duty zipper but when I got the boots, the zipper looks real cheap like the ones in a wind breaker you wear outside.. if the zipper ever breaks the boots are of no use to anyone..
Published 10 months ago by Carl Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Ems boot, well made and a good value **UPDATED***, September 7, 2013

Pros: Very lightweight boot, I don't feel weighed down but it still seems to have plenty of traction. I have used it so far in muddy conditions, as well as climbing up hills and going through puddles. My feet are staying dry and the boot seems to clean up pretty easily. The zipper works nice and does not seem to get jammed up. The value is outstanding, it fits the same as my bates boots and feels like a 511 in terms of comfort. It is blood borne resistant.

Cons: The leather feels thinner than other boots I have owned, not sure how this will play out in the long run.

Overall: it is a nice boot for the money 49.99 on amazon. It arrived very quickly took 3 days free shipping. I am satisfied with my purchase. I will update this review in about a month.

2 month update: I wear these at work I on average work 72-96 hours a week, these boots have been in rain, mud, oil spills, gas leaks, and house fires. They have held up very well, the only evidence of any damage is one scuff mark on the top of the boot. In wet conditions my feet have stayed dry and warm. They seem to grip the surface well. The best feature I have found so far is they are very lightweight, and after a day on my feet I don't feel like I am dragging them. I highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply The Best Boots Ever Conceived!!!, November 1, 2013
From the very moment I put them on, these boots are without a doubt the Lightest, Warmest, most Comfortable boots I have ever had the pleasure to wear. I was in the Military over 26 years, and these boots would've been a most welcomed addition to my cold gear arsenal!

Now, I work Security and am outdoors for 99% of my work day. I actually look forward to whatever Mother Nature intends to throw at me in Maryland. Please take my expert point of view if you are considering these boots - - I GUARANTEE you won't be disappointed!!!

I give 5 stars...more if I could 👍👍

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Maelstrom® TAC FORCE 8'' Tactical Police Duty Military Boots with Zipper (Apparel)
I have only worn these boots once on a 12 hr shift. So far I am very pleased with the fit and quality. They are lightweight and very comfortable. The side zipper is great. No retying these boots at anytime of the day. I was amazed on how walking in wet conditions and then walking in dry gravel that stones do not stick to the bottom like every other shoe or boot I have worn. It's nice to get in your vehicle and not have to kick stones off the bottom of your boots. Very fast free shipping too. It is a great boot for the money. ******UPDATE 2-25-2014****** Still like the boots. Very comfortable after 6 months. Feels like walking on air. Not very waterproof but would certainly buy again. Nothing a lil mink oil can't fix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot excellent value, August 20, 2013
I purchased these boots as a gift and they were a hit. They were an excellent fit and I am told very comfortable. We have found the perfect manufacturer and we will purchase more Maelstrom boots. We have purchased other brands for more money but now we ask why when Maelstrom offers excellent fit, good quality and excellent price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lightweight, durable boots, January 17, 2014
They run large. I order one size smaller than my shoe size and they fit great. They are lightweight, and very durable. I was in the military and these boot are much lighter than the ones that are issued. These are easy to walk around in all day, and you wont even realize you are wearing boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot!, January 23, 2014
Love these boots. Shipping took way too long, however well worth the wait. Fairly durable, super light, comfortable and surprisingly warm for what they are. Feels like I am wearing a gym shoe! And they are simply a great looking boot and effective with the side zipper on the inner side of the boot.

I am really happy with the purchase.

Finding the right size is always my concern since different manufacturers use different sizing. For a reference, I wear 9.5 Nike sneakers and choose to go with 9.5 size (other brands I wear a 10). The 9.5 fits like a charm, so safe to follow whatever size nikes fit you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots, March 1, 2014
I live in a part of the country where sub zero temperatures are the norm for a large part of the year. I read the reviews and thought these boots could be moderately warm for a short time when used with wool socks, thermals, etc... I took them out today when it was 15 degrees below 0 not including windchill just to try them out. I wore them with only a pair of jeans, and regular athletic socks, and went on a walk that lasted almost an hour, intentionally walking through snow drifts, climbing up on rocks and what not (I thought this would give them a better test than just walking on dry pavement). My exposed skin went numb from the cold, by the time I got back to the truck, I could not feel my face; however, my feet felt like I was still sitting inside in the warmth. They are comfortable, have a good thick grip on the sole of the boot for traction, and most impressively, they kept my feet warm in sub zero temperatures (-25 with windchill) with just the boots, and a pair of athletic socks. No thermals or anything!! They also seem to be holding up very well, and I plan on having them for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, December 8, 2013
I needed new boots for work as I go through boots about every 7-10 months. I'm a police officer so they go through a lot of potential damage. So far they are great in 8 inches of snow. No slipping and great traction and are also light. I stepped in about 5 inches of water due to melting snow and my feet are dry. In fact I didn't notice until I looked down. The padding inside feels nice and thick and the zipper is great as I don't have to tie my boots everyday. They also hold a pretty good shine. I have no cons so far and will update in a couple of months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok, they finally got this right!!, March 4, 2014
ASW "ASW" (APO, AE United States) - See all my reviews
Ok, they finally got this right!! I bought a pair of Maelstroms during my last deployment which I wrote a review on as well and I just couldn't get it right at that time. It seems the company has since gone back and reworked their designs and the sizes on these are a bit truer to form and allot easier to manage. Granted I cannot wear these boots in uniform in Garrison but they are perfect for the Afghan terrain and environments; especially at the price I paid for them (around $55 USD). I do not believe in buying boots that are in upwards of $100 USD or more and are inevitably going to be demolished by constant use on deployments and worn asunder as a result. Aside from the fact that if my feet get injured in any way, it is much easier to zip these off than to have to cut them and risk damaging the foot further anyway by the cutting. I bought these in a size 12M or E and they fit way better than I expected. They took about a week to break in but they are super comfy and support my ankle and feet on rocks and rough terrain. I highly recommend these, a much improved product from Maelstrom. Cheers to you Maelstrom on listening to your customer feedback and improving your product. I liked them so much I bought a similar pair and recommended them to one of my Soldiers who also bought a pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-weather boots, January 19, 2014
Got these boots to replace my old "winter" boots, and these fit and feel great. They are much lighter than my old boots but the fit is highly accurate for my feet (10.5 wide). Hope these will last a few winter seasons, but at the price, I won't have any problem ordering a few extra pairs. And so far, they really keep my feet dry after running through water a couple of times. This is great 8" all-weather boots IMO.

Rate and Discover Movies