Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 60 questions
votes
We base pricing on supply or demand combined with what our competitors are selling them for, as well.
Jan 30, 2014 by Tom F.
votes
I have no idea how long it will last. I will tell you this though, I once used my flashlight to plug some cables into a computer under my desk that had poor lighting on a Friday. I completely forgot about it over the weekend and walked into my office that Sunday and noticed my flashlight was still on. It still seemed as bright as ever. I still haven't changed the batteries in over a year since that incidenet.
Oct 25, 2014 by Jtaylor556
votes
I do not know where to buy parts, however if the batteries you used are Rayovac, and they are not expired, they will reimburse you for the flashlight..had it happen to my mom/dad..
Oct 11, 2014 by wayne lewis
votes
Hello sir, First of all no question is stupid especially if it gets you out of a bind. Yes, the batteries are to be placed in the aft end (the screw cap opposite the bulb) of the unit if it is like a standard maglite. I shipped mine down to Haiti and did not open them up but I have had many others and they always opened up from that end and there is no reason to believe they go in the bulb end as there is a mechanism for the switch and the bulb socket on that side. The positive side with the nipple goes toward the bulb. If this is a new unit and never has had batteries this is unusual but as the other guy said it can be very, very tight when new. If it is a used unit that someone gave you and it has batteries in it the possibility exists that the batteries exploded from heat and the corrosive affects of the chemicals has jammed the threads of the end cap. This happened to me a couple of times here in south Florida in a hot work van over the summer. Try to coat the threads with something not to heavy (light grease or a nickel or copper based never seez compound come to mind) in the future. This will help.
Mar 16, 2014 by jace sebastian espy
votes
Hi! Make sure the connections from the bulb to the rest of the flashlight are secure, then try turning on the light. If that doesn't work, then use another new bulb, in case the old one has blown. Also, make sure the batteries are inserted properly, with the positive charges pointing upward...Hope this helps, if this doesn't work, then return the flashlight & get a new one! Thanks!
Apr 27, 2014 by R. Boswell
votes
Purchase either EverReady or Duracell alkaline batteries [D]. If you use these batteries and they ever leak, you can send the flashlight back to MagLite and they will repair or replace it for free. I recently had to replace my 12 year old 3 cell MagLite, because I used cheapo batteries, and of course, they leaked and ruined the flashlight. It was the only time I didn't use EverReady. :-(
Nov 9, 2014 by Charlie
votes
To change the LED on a mag lite you have to unscrew the head of the mag lite so you can remove the LED. Some models the LED unit just pulls out and some unscrew.
Jan 12, 2015 by Gary Lyster Jr
votes
131 Lumens
Dec 8, 2014 by Charlie
votes
Always use the best alkaline you can. I prefer Duracell or the Costco brand.
May 17, 2014 by law
votes
This works and it comes complete with 4 ea. "D" cell rechargeable batteries and a charger too. http://www.amazon.com/EBL%C2%AE-Universal-10000mAh-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00IHWBMD2/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1401307754&sr=1-2
May 28, 2014 by Snowbird
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers