Nexus 10 Pogo Cable
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Fun & Convenience
- Fast Charging Speed
- Durable Use
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
First, the wiring of the Pogo is symetrical. This means you do no damage if you accidentally reverse and force the connector on. It is mechanically able to be installed one way, but experience tells me someone out there will try to force it on upside down.
Secondly, i really measured the supply current at the 0% charge level with the USB port plug as .288A,
with the Pogo, it was several times higher at 1.670 A. recently added this info. At the very minimum, according to USB standards, the output current can go to 1.5A or even a bit higher, according to Wikipedia. My own measurements prove this.
The voltages are either direction as follows:
1-Gnd straight to usb
2-1.21 VDC +Data
The +5 volt lines are shorted together at the POGO side, ultimately coming from an internal 8-pin IC regulator labeled P3X (No other markings) for surge and voltage regulation. It appears that we could make one of these for a dock, but at $19.99, why bother? These are, considering the engineering that went into this, an outstanding bargain, and item to own if you love your Nexus 10.
5-1.21 VDC -Data
The data lines when shorted together as they appear to be here, simply put the charger into the dedicated "charge" only mode, allowing more current to be output.
So far in my own testing, only the original Samsung charger has the 2 data leads at 1.2 VDC.
Personally, I have ordered an extra wall charger and an auto charger from Samsung, who if you register your device will give you a 50% off coupon to use towards those purchases.
Get this now if you own the Nexus 10!
Reasons for getting:
- Protects the Nexus 10 from tripping on the cable (I have little kids running around, and this is essential).
- Easily plugs into Nexus 10 in the dark and light (my wife goes to bed before me and now she can't get mad at me for turning on the light to plug in the usb charger).
- Saves the USB port from wear and tear over time.
- Charges a little faster (which is a very nice perk indeed, since I mainly got this for the reasons above).
- Fits perfectly. I love sliding the connector around the bottom and then feel and hear the click as the magnets pull it into place (either I got lucky, or the reviewers who say the charger doesn't fit are putting it in upside down).
- Quality (this looks like the authentic cable meant for the Nexus 10).
- Shipping was super fast.
Easily worth the $$ if your circumstances are the same as mine. Easily worth it even if they're not. Hope this helps people who are deciding if they want to get it or not.
- Sits perfectly in the Pogo dock
- Charges quickly
- Shipped quickly
- Slight depression on the top side of the Pogo end makes it easy to quickly seat the plug correctly
- USB cord could be about 2 or 3 feet longer
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great, charges faster than the regular charger and easier to connect and disconnect.Published 2 months ago by Robin
Would be better if the magnets were stronger. The lightest touch and they pop off. So, it's an ideal FAST way to charge your Nexus 10 without using it. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Robert G.
After two and half years use, the thing is coming apart and I have lost the magnet out of one side.
Before it would charge my tablet well.