Amazon.com Product Description With built-in AAA TourBook® travel information and member roadside assistance details, the Magellan Maestro 4040 Portable Auto GPS System is the ultimate travel companion. Re-engineered for easy use, it combines advanced features, elegance, and simplicity to make driving more pleasurable and less stressful. A few simple touches are all the Maestro 4040 needs to audibly guide you with turn-by-turn street name directions to virtually any destination in the United States and Canada. You can even customize your navigation method or route to get there quicker and stress-free.
With fresh graphics and an intelligent touch screen, the Magellan Maestro 4040 is the ultimate travel companion.
View larger - Side view
Easy to use navigation features SmartDetour and auto re-route. View larger.
Access built-in AAA information from your GPS touch screen. View larger.
With built-in AAA travel information, the Maestro 4040 gives you instant access to the most trusted source for trip planning; searchable AAA TourBook® listings, Show Your Card & Save® locations for member discounts, approved auto repair facilities, attractions, events, and more. The Maestro 4040 also provides AAA members roadside assistance details, with exact location and a toll-free help number. The Maestro 4040 is also Bluetooth-enabled, so you can connect your Bluetooth cell phone directly to AAA for immediate help when you need it most.
Note: AAA member roadside assistance requires AAA membership.
Enter virtually any address on the freshly designed graphical touch screen, or select from 4.5 million preprogrammed points of interest and get turn-by-turn voice guidance to anywhere in the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, right out of the box. Just turn it on and go. SiRFstarIII™ gives you the fastest GPS position accuracy in the industry, while SayWhere™ text-to-speech tells you the street name for each maneuver so you can focus on driving. Smart buttons and Magellan's unique QuickSpell™ function enable error-free spelling to minimize steps and give you a customized route to your destination with just a few screen touches.
Bluetooth, Traffic Updates, and More
The Maestro 4040's Bluetooth wireless technology lets you make hands-free phone calls with your Bluetooth-enabled phone. You can also store or sync numbers and contact information through the easy-to-use touch screen and make calls via the Maestro 4040's integrated microphone and speakers. Add the optional Magellan TrafficKit™ to this device and you'll be equipped with live traffic incident reports, so you'll never get stuck on the freeway.
Additional Product Features
What's in the Box
- Sophisticated and simple: Streamlined touch-screen buttons minimize steps to locate a destination
- Sleek design: Integrated GPS antenna provides excellent satellite reception in a slim and compact design
- Graphical interactive maps: Maps and destinations for the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada are built-in, so you can travel far and wide and always know where you are and where you're going
- Traffic-enabled: Add the Magellan TrafficKit™ to your Maestro 4040 to get live traffic incident reports; activation and subscription fees apply
- Voice command upgradeable: Add Voice Command control for hands-free operation with an upgrade from Magellan; activation fee applies
- Bird's-eye 3D view: Clearly see your surroundings in 2D or 3D; also choose between Map View, TrueView™ 3D split screen, and Maneuver List
- Rechargeable battery: Navigate even when you don't have access to power
- Multi-destination routing: Select up to 20 destinations and choose the order that best fits your needs
- SmartDetour™: Automatically prompts you to route around suddenly slow freeway traffic
- Auto re-route: Never miss a turn and quickly get back on track whenever you make a detour
- Auto night view: Adjusts color and contrast for easy night viewing
- QuickSpell™: Easily enter addresses with unique auto-complete feature that even corrects spelling
- Complete mobility: Transfer to any vehicle with no installation
- 4.5 million points of interest (POIs): Optimized database to easily find gas stations, restaurants, ATMs, and more. And with smart location you can search by name, category, and region. There's even a Coffee category so you can quickly find caffeine whenever you need it.
- Interactive POI icons: Touch an onscreen icon for a nearby destination, see name and address, and get an instant route
- Customizable route method: Fastest time, shortest distance, least or most use of freeways, avoid toll roads
- Route exclusion: Select streets and freeways to avoid so you can get there your way
- Address book: Create and store personal points of interest for easy reoccurring trips
- Instant locate: One touch shows your location; quickly advise roadside assistance or emergency services
Magellan Maestro 4040 Portable Auto GPS System, windshield mount and cradle, adhesive dash mount disk, cigarette lighter power adapter (12-24 watts), AC wall power supply/charger, quick reference guide, reference manual CD, and USB cable.