Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on April 29, 2014
I have had my GPS for about three years (a dinosaur by today's standards). The original mount which I purchased with the unit wore out. The ball and socket no longer held as the rubber around the ball that fits into the sockets started to crack. I ended up using rubber bands to hold the GPS in place on the windshield mount which was practically useless. Time to upgrade to a new GPS or buy a new window mount. To buy a comparable GPS was looking at $150.00 expense so I went for the window mount. Have only had this mount for a couple of days but it does what it is supposed to, it holds my GPS to my windshield. Having said that one thought to share with other users concerning the unit falling off the windshield. I have found it absolutely critical that you must use a window cleaner on the windshield where the suction cup is to be mounted and also wiping the suction cup itself with a clean. Then when both a dry, the mount will stick literally for months (as has been my experience with other suction mounts). If the section cup or window have the least bit of dirt, residue of any sort, its going to fall off.
on December 9, 2013
This windshield mount is identical to the original one that came with my Magellan 5045-LM. It has the small bracket for snapping in the end of the charging/power cable. It is in nearly brand new condition, and works perfectly. It was shipped and delivered expeditiously. I'm completely satisfied with my purchase.
on November 17, 2014
So happy to find the original style suction mount for the Magellan GPS. This works so much better than the revised mount with newer Magellans. Have no idea why they changed it; why redesign something that isn't broken?!? One issue with all of these: over time, the suction cup gets weaker and will occasionally pop off.

Yes, we still use a GPS instead of our cell. When we travel, I load up the GPS with multiple addresses for all our destinations - hotels, restaurants, shopping. Saves a lot of time/trouble!
on October 6, 2013
This holds better than the original, which didn't last very long at all, so far this has held on windshield in heat in excess of 90 degrees, where the original one would fall off and have the GPS fall and crash to the floor of the vehicle, You just have to use the the same cord from the original.
on July 19, 2014
Even though the mount looks different than my original regarding the GPS holder, the suction mount seems to be better than what I had. It appears that I should have no trouble at all with this staying in place without loosing suction. My original seemed to be lacking the attachment to the bean bag holder. It was apparent that the mount has a stronger feel when flipping the lever down. Very pleased!
on July 11, 2014
Ordered this for a family member. Her original one broke right after her purchase and she was having to hold her GPS in her lap or place it on the center console of her car. Very dangerous to be looking down at directions when you are driving. I searched Amazon and after comparing the items available with her GPS we found the perfect match. She is very happy! She had been to a couple of stores and asked for a replacement but no one was willing to take the time to help her. Thanks to Amazon she will be driving safely now. We were both happy with the price and the delivery.
on May 30, 2014
I bought this to keep from having to switch a mount between my vehicles. The description should have disclosed that there was no power cable included.. I had thought it would be similar to the OEM mount and cable that came with my Magellan 5120-LMTX that held the power cord in place while you slid it in.
on February 13, 2014
I was slightly disappointed because the original mount had a hole for the USB for the GPS but the replacement did not but otherwise it worked great. I use a weighted mount that sits on my dashboard and the suction mount attaches to that but I have used the suction mount on the windshield. Works great there too.
on July 22, 2013
This suction mount is superior to the original factory equipped mount which was really inferior (weak plastic construction). The new one is apparently stronger and thicker where the pressure is required to mount it. The flimsy lever just snapped off the original (which was just in use for just over one year). This new version should have a much longer lifespan. Yes, I am quite satisfied with this improved product.
on November 15, 2014
The mount is almost the same as the one that came with my GPS. This new mount does not allow installation of the power cord connector into the mount. For me that's OK because I think I can use the top off of my old mount with the rest of the new mount.