Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Magic Flight Finishing Grinder (Walnut)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Walnut|Change

on September 11, 2014
Average Joe Consumer here again. As usual i'm going to do a quick summery first for people who don't want to read a lot and then a more in depth review.

Pros
Small diameter
Simply beautiful
Hand crafted
Gets an amazing grind
Fits perfectly over your Launch Box

Cons
A bit hard to clean
Needs a lot of pressure
hard to clean

Link to my video review

watch?v=mqPWZO1fNKM&feature=youtu.be

I got this grinder as a birthday present from my girlfriend. The one I got was cherry and i looks really beautiful. When you get your MFFG it comes in a magic flight tin that is perfectly sized to hold the grinder snug enough so it doesn't toss around but not snug enough that you can't get the grinder out of it. The bottom and top are felted which was a nice touch for transportation if you are going to take this grinder around and don't want it to get damaged.

The grinder itself is beautiful. If you've ever watched Magic Flights Youtube video of how the grinder is made you can see that it is indeed hand made and the quality really shows. There are not any super sharp edges and everything fits snug instead of a slack job where the top will be loose.

Grind consistency is what really sells this grinder. Magic Flight uses a very simple technique where you apply pressure and grind your herbs against a steel mesh with holes inside which really cuts it up nice. The lid of the grinder has littler grooves to churn the herbs as you press and twist. The only problem I have with this is that the grooves in the lid accumulate herbs into compressed chunks. This doesn't happen every time but it does happen more often that not when I am doing a larger grind for my trench. I wouldn't recommend this grinder as a solo grinder. I find the best grind is when I throw my nuggets of herbs into my Sharpstone and then I transfer that to my MFFG to get the best grind possible.

One of the nice things about this grinder is that it fits perfectly over your launch box. You hold it with two fingers on either side so that it doesn't turn and then press and turn the lid with your other hand. It takes a few tries to figure out the best amount to load into the grinder to get a good trench amount but eventually you will figure it out.

As others have said the construction of this grinder makes it a little hard to clean but I found it as difficult as any other grinder. To me this one was not much of a concern.

Conclusion

I would definitely recommend this grinder for Magic Flight consumers. It gets the grind even smaller than with my Sharpstone and I though that was a fine grind as it is. I do however recommend doing a two step grind with a normal grinder then transferred to your MFFG. If you do this with a keif catcher you're going to have a fine grind, every time.
on September 15, 2014
Amazing grinder with a very classy look. Grinds to dust and is ideal for vaporizer use. I have the Pax which this is perfect for. As for the seller, I would highly recommend buying anything they sell if you enjoy getting your items fast. Came earlier than quoted.
on October 26, 2015
For your herbs: Either you need very dry herbs or vaporize the herb for a moment or two to dry it before this grinder is worth is at all.
If you try to put rich buds, rich as if dipped in honey, you are not going to be getting to far with this. You may even wind up prematurely wearing it out. Either that or grind your herb with a steel or plastic traditional grinder first. This is a "finishing grinder"
I put my herbs in the vaporizer for a second or so , you do not even have to break it up. , then grind the dryer herbs. Super potent and works like a charm. Another great item where they make "made in America" work.
on January 31, 2016
First and foremost, the finished grind is amazing. You'll need your typical sawtooth style grinder for your first pass. That product then goes into the Magic Flight Finishing Grinder. The MFFG is small. Very small. The whole thing when both parts are assembled is barely bigger than a Tinker Toy sprocket and it feels like one too. If you're vaping with something other than the ridiculous "Launch Box" (which most people are), the design seems silly, as it is difficult to use for any length of time without discomfort. I would love to see a physically larger version of this grinder that you could actually grasp in your hands. The small amount of product this puts out vs the amount of effort nessessary makes the process tedious. We're literally talking pinches at a time of finished grind. I have to say the finished micro-grind is wonderfully fluffy, and I know of no other product currently on the market that can replicate the grind obtained from the MFFG. If there was I would buy it and be done with this teeny-weeny little tendinitis grinder.

Pros: A beautifully hand-crafted mini-grinder that creates a perfect quality finished grind suitable for vaping flowers in the Pax1, Pax2, Volcano, or any other top quality herb vaporizer. There is no competing product that I'm aware of.

Cons: A physically tiny grinder that produces pinches at a time. One star off for making the grinding process tedious rather than a simple joy.
on September 21, 2015
Love it. Just do a course grind with your regular grinder first. Then, when using this, don't be afraid to twist in both directions rather than only one. The wood and engraving are very well done. Note that this was specially designed for the vaporizer from the same company in that it fits snugly over the herb pit. However, it will still work great. Just make sure you have a container to catch the finely ground herb from this mill.

Hope this helps!
on June 5, 2016
Got a Pax for my birthday and could not get it to vape properly... When i started looking up reviews and how too's I noticed several people where saying it needed a fine grind in order to work best. So, I found this... and LOVE IT. It is so simple, yet SO Effective !
It gives a very fine "Salt and Pepper" Type grind
Highly Recommended For Pax Users
review image
on January 17, 2016
The pictures and description don't really do justice to how small this item actually is- which is less than 1.5 inches in diameter. Combine that with the open bottom and I find this grinder very awkward to use. Still, it's one of the few fine-grinding options out there and it does its job well. I would love to see them address these shortcomings in a new model because all things considered, I do like it.
on June 6, 2016
Purely amazing. For only ~$25 you can get this quality wood herb grinder. It perfectly fits over your Magic Flight Launch Box (MFLB). Grind herb directly into the trench makes it convenient to not get your hands smelly.

The wood construction feels great to use. I will often use this grinder to obtain a finer grind for a regular bowl or Volcano.

Note: this grinder is designed to be a second stage grinder. It is recommend to grind your material once in a "regular" grinder and then through this "Finishing" grinder.
on April 8, 2016
Oh so perfect for the more aromatic herbs (like rosemary) that are better and more effective when very finely ground. Great for extending expensive spices like saffron because the finer grind release more of the good stuff. Finishing grinder is a perfect description because I grind and then finish for finer herb with this.
on November 30, 2013
First let me say this grinder blows a standard grinder out of the water and a grinder like this is a must have for your box (seriously i've tried using a standard grinder and you don't get much vapor). I replaced a confiscated magic flight grinder with this more expensive/higher end 'finishing grinder'. The wood on that feels/looks nice. The grind is much nicer. You notice the difference, but i'm impartial. The finer grind can give bigger hits, but combusts easier, which can be an issue if your using Glyph batteries. However i actually preferred the cheaper grinder. With this grinder you must hold the grinder and box together and twisting. With the cheaper grinder you grind then insert and flip. Also, while the finishing grinder produces a cleaner grind, it can't grind stems, so you need to pick then out from inside the tiny grinder. I usually clean mine with fine sandpaper and a q tip for the grate. It's not too hard, but it's a bit of a pain. I used my old grinder 160+ times. Never had any issues. The grind wasn't as fluffy, but it was good. I could just throw it in a bag with some alcohol to clean. It was also a bit cheaper. This grinder is nice, but i recommend opting for the cheaper metal grinder.