Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on April 21, 2012
This is the first 3D dvd I purchased for my 3D tv (I also had to purchase a 3D/BluRay capable dvd player) and I have to say, I was blown away! The cover picture is somewhat misleading; this is not magic, nor is it new-agey, or have fairies, elves or anyone else. It is truly like a walk through the woods on a beautiful summer day while you're listening to calm, soothing music on your iPod. No people in this short (about 45 minutes) movie, but there are bugs that I actually thought were in my family room and tried to swat. I spent some time ducking out of the way of hanging branches, etc., so thankfully I was alone the first time I saw it. Being a 3D neophyte, I had no idea that there was a setting for the left and the right views. I had the left/right settings reversed and consequently was initially unimpressed with the movie and/or 3D technology, but the dvd includes a short test video to set it accurately. If you're looking for action, you won't find it here. It is simply a relaxing and wonderful way to view 3D tv and I love it. I use it to show off the fabulous 3D technology without committing my guests to a couple hours of full length movie, and to decompress after a stressful/rainy/cold (take your pick) day.
on November 30, 2010
I was hoping this would be a decent 3D demo to enjoy and show to friends, but wow... What a waste of money. A full hour of staring at uninteresting bushes and rocks. I started to fast forward through it a bit to see if it got any better, and it didn't. If you want to see bushes and rocks in 3D, step outside your front door and save yourself $20. To the maker of this video, you could have at least waited until fall to film this so it would at least have been colorful!
on December 2, 2010
Although this is 3D content on a Blu-Ray disc, I wouldn't classify it as a Blu-Ray 3D. The two formats available on it are only for Green Magenta glasses, or above/below. The FBI logo at the beginning is only regular DVD resolution (can't read the banner at below the shield, as one can with 1080p or 720p resolutions). Viewing with the Green-Magenta glasses gives fuzzy images). The above/below format supposedly works with 3D TVs, but I'm not sure it works with sequential 120Hz displays. My setup is a DLP 3D Ready projector attached to my PC. I'm using CyberLink's PowerDVD 10 to view Blu-Ray 3D content and it works on each of the other 7 Blu-Ray 3Ds that I currently have. The resolution of the above/below format m2ts files is 1920 by 1080, so the actual vertical resolution is only 540. I'm in the process of converting the main m2ts file to a wmv file so I can view it using nVidia's Stereoscopic Player.

I have no problem with the content, but I'm dubious that it meets standards as a Blu-Ray 3D disc.

The product arrived from Amazon two days earlier than expected, and actually was shipped weeks earlier than predicted by Amazon.

Dave McKinstry
on August 18, 2012
Very important that if you purchase this 3d dvd you know what to expect.No action...none..the company that produced this dvd makes "relaxing" dvds and that is exactly what this is meant to do...relax you.Very scenic forest streams,trees in 3d,ect plus relaxing music put me to sleep !! The Magic Forest is actually a pretty forest with soothing music in 3d.I would've liked some animal life somewhere in the dvd,but then again,the producers probably figured out that animals or insects woul've kept people awake,not relaxed.For the price and to add to 3d collection,its worth the gamble.
on June 6, 2012
This was an amazing 3D Blu Ray. The scenery in this Blu Ra really brought me back to when I was a kid playing with my friends at the creek everyone hung out at. The showings of the streams and creek beds was really nostalgic for me. The Music in it was amazing, and the scenery was amazing as well, the only bad thing I would say is that it features some scenes in a Cave and in an open field...which didnt really fit the whole "Magical Forest" thing, but with that being said I still enjoyed the blu ray. Highly suggested!
on November 30, 2010
The photography is quite unique, interesting, & creative. The flattering & optimistic description of this Blu-ray 3D on the product jacket itself, states "Recommended Usage: This wonderful collection of DVD's are recommended for many different uses such as background for a conversation, medical & other waiting rooms, wellness centers, saunas, as a sleep aid, etc."

Somehow that seems illogical considering that 3D glasses of one type or another MUST be used to view the product...& they suggest having a conversation, or using it in a waiting room, or a sauna, or as a sleep aid...with everyone wearing 3D glasses???? How ridiculous would that be? For the stated purposes, one might as well just use a music CD or perhaps a 2D Blu-ray. The latter does NOT seem to be an option within, or even separately from, this 3D-only product.

There was another issue which caused me to reflect on having purchased this product, to wit, occasionally when the camera slowly panned either vertically or horizontally, the focus (sharpness/detail) in parts of the scene sometimes would be sharp, then deteriorate, & then recover during the pan. That has never happened with any other 3D source material I have ever viewed on my Panasonic plasma 3D TV(TC-P65VT25).

The background music IS relaxing, especially of you turn off the TV picture & just listen, however, for the stated recommended usage, it would be best for this to be a 2D product. I wish I had known & not paid a premium for an impractical Blu-ray 3D. I doubt that I will ever take it off my bottom shelf from now on.
on September 9, 2012
One of the great things about 3D TV are the 'Specially produced 3D movies"
They really bring that cinematic experience to your home. This 3D video
is a good demo to show off your new 3DTV especially if you like trees, brooks
and rivers suffused with new age music.
on June 14, 2012
I read some of the reviews on here and i saw the bad ones, and i was shocked at there stupidity. THIS FILM IS A BEAUTIFUL FILM THAT CAN HELP YOU RELAX! It doesn't need action to be a good movie. This film did everything it should have done...it made you feel like you where there with the great HD and great 3D!
on June 8, 2011
I thought the film was very enjoyable enough for those who do love nature and I never got
bored with it at all; but are not to be said to some of those rubbish movies on nature, these days.
The 3D effects are as good as anyone with a today's 3D camera such as at the cutting-edge of
technology of Canon, Fujifilm, JVC, Panasonic or Sony can create; even that the zooming
facilities on these cameras are somewhat limited; and , hence you won't see too many 3D
effects coming out of your screen to hit you as you would like them to.
This film is a documentary and has his own right with a good soundtrack even it is more or
less made from a remixed of various tunes; and I won't go further into this film's details but
just to recommend it via Amazon.com to you all "Nature Lovers" for a clean & relaxing
viewing away from violent and other sordid types of movies. My rating is a 4 Star.
on December 30, 2010
Quality of a home movie. I did fall asleep few times watching this so called "Relax Video." Yes, it is THAT boring.
3D effects are good. Wonder what kind of video camera that used.