Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 8, 2012
I am currently mailing these books to my 5 yr old grandson in Sweden who was hooked after Book 1! I used them in my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade classrooms for years, and they were received with enthusiasm at all levels. They are great for reluctant readers - high interest level, not babyish, and easy to read. They should be read in order in groups of four.
on October 6, 2013
Read them to my 6 year old and now she is reading them back. Do them in order though as they are not random and all flow together. Need to get 5-8 now. Good for girls and boys. can see a movie out of these in the future. Not much to them but cute idea and theme.
on October 20, 2015
I can not say enough about Mary Pope Osborne's books. She has engaged my child to read wherever we go. These 4 books were done in 4 school days. They are perfect for any 6-9 year old child and not only will the books engage them in reading, but will get them interested in history. My daughter is currently on a Titanic craze. Beware though. Once you start buying these books, there is no stopping.
on May 15, 2014
My daughter loves these books! She has been reading these books since she started second grade. They are easy to read and still have pictures that keep them interested in the books. The author does a great job of describing everything so my daughter can understand what is going on in the story. The price of the box set is great! Normally these books go for $5 or more a piece. Wonderful purchase!! Totally worth it!!
on January 24, 2014
My daughter (age 5) loves to hear these books and can read them too (though she wants someone to read them to her).

For an adult, they get a little old because they are very much the same from book to book, but for her they are fun to hear.

I like that they include facts about the destination and time period, so that they have some educational value. I've learned stuff too!
on March 15, 2013
We have not yet gotten to this booked set but are well on our way (currently reading book 14). I read about three chapters a night with my 5 year old son. This serious has caught his attention and he enjoys them. He is still young and I'm not sure his full understanding of the adventures but he asks a lot of questions and does seem to understand most of it . I also enjoy these books and look forward to reading them nightly!
on September 30, 2013
My 7 year old son and I love reading these stories together! He's learning about other cultures and times in an enjoyable way. If you have or know a 7 year old boy, you know at times it's a difficult chore to settle him down to read. No problems with Magic Treehouse! He actually tells me when it's time to order the next box set. Can't recommend these books enough! I would suggest you read them in order. Even though most of the books have a short synapsis of the previous story, the stories do refer back to previous books. We read #10 first and while it was enjoyable, there is def. something missing when you don't have the back story.
on August 6, 2015
The great adventures of Jack and Annie continues. It's a great sequel. Very entertaining and very informative. It is written in to a language accessible to the beginners. My daughter love it and she learn a lot from it. She also requested the "Magic Tree House Fact Tracker". Check it out.
on May 22, 2014
My seven year old granddaughter requested these books for her birthday. They had them at her school book fair. She got a couple and wanted more. So being the good Grammie, I got more for her. I even enjoy reading them with her. They are really nice. Now her two younger sisters can enjoy them too, when they get older.
on March 12, 2014
My grand-children love these books. My grand-son calls me from Florida when he is almost ready to get the next boxed set. I send them. I promised him, if he continued to read, Nana would provide the books. He loves these books and, as a result, loves reading. At 9 years old, what more could you want from your beloved grandchild.