Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on October 18, 2011
anxiously i received and attempted to install this...what a pain in the rear...
1) the magnets need to line up almost perfectly for it to work properly...good luck keeping the screen in place while installing it to make it work correctly...i could get all but the top magnet to come closed automatically...
2) the sewing is atrocious...whatever Chinese manufacturer had this sewn needs to fire his entire workforce and start over...i did a straighter stitch in 7th grade home-ec...it's almost laughable...
3) because it isn't sewn straight, it hangs funny from the top, so the magnets don't line up...
4) the magnets are pretty weak, so a light wind will separate them...it took me the better part of an hour to get this hung JUST RIGHT to make it close properly...then the wind blew it open...when the wind STOPPED it closed again...*thinks*...it's outside...it needs to stay shut unless an animal or human pushes it open...
5) the Velcro they sent to stick to the magic mesh and then the door frame to mount it is worthless...after 1 day, it came unstuck from the magic mesh and thus unstuck from the door...also, they shorted me 1 velcro so i had to go to the store and buy some...
6) there are several holes between the magnets that bugs could EASILY fit through...

in short, it's sloppily made, terrible to hang/mount, ineffective, thus pretty much pointless to buy...

the only thing magical about this product is the marketing...of course...
2424 comments| 624 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2011
Here's the deal, these screens will not be a perfect fit. They are relatively large in width at 39". For our doors, it required a bit of tweaking to get them to fit. They are too long as well, that poses a problem only when going in. This is so because it drags on the carpet, thus leaving the bottom open. I simply set it higher, and folded in the excess at the top. I love tinkering with things, so the extra "effort" I had to do is well worth it. Most bad reviews are because of fit or installation issues. I don't expect As Seen on TV products to work as easy and flawless as they advertise ever, so I don't understand why people expect it to magically fit perfect.

Now, the included double sided tape does sucks. I already had heavy duty double sided mounting tape so I used that. I recommend you get some as well, or use the tacks included. Alternatively, use some staples if you have a staple gun. I used the mounting tape in more spots than it has, just to seal it better. It's all in the installation, making sure it's perfectly flat and doesn't end up misaligned. Another common complain I keep seeing is the quality of the screen. While it may be lower in quality than your typical screen material, it isn't that bad. After all, we're talking about a screen here! Of course if you poke it, or abuse it, it WILL rip. It's common sense.

Know that you'll have to "custom" fit it essentially. If you don't like the sound of that, I don't recommend you get it. If you don't mind a little work (it certainly isn't an easy installation as its portrayed in the infomercial) then this is perfect and you will love it. Get it here instead of them directly, the S&H fees from them are a ripoff.
2424 comments| 431 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2012
We use this screen door on our mobile home. We have tried numerous other hands-free, magnet-closing screen doors, and this one is by far the best. Even with the front door closed, our dog, Boomer, can easily come and go through his doggie door. Because the bottom is not weighted, it parts easily for Boomer.

I am surprised at the number of poor reviews. I believe most of those folks had trouble with the installation. Take a look at our video to see how easy it is to install and what a great job it does!

The 18 magnets are the key. I think this is a great product!
1010 comments| 297 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2011
While mama taught me one should always be circumspect with products from infomercials, I ordered this because I was in dire need of some fresh air in my apartment -- minus the bugs -- and I wanted a cheap solution. I wanted it to work so badly, and I'm happy to report... it's been working like a champ!

The key is to take a deep breath, be patient, and carefully follow the directions. I admit, I got pretty frustrated during the process of lining both sheets together, but with patience it'll get done. I made markings on my door to help and didn't hesitate to re-adjust things until they were right. I also made appreciative use of the provided tacks to reinforce things once I got it all set how I wanted it.

I've had no problems with peeling, gaps in magnets, or anything else. And I can't tell you how full of glee I was the first time I glanced over and saw a fly sitting on the other side of the screen. Sucker!

My advice: Don't necessarily ignore the bad reviews, but learn from them, take them with a grain of salt, and think about trying the mesh for yourself if you need it, because I guarantee you it's working for someone.
22 comments| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2011
I received my order a few weeks ago. I did receive the velcro strips for both doors and they also include large black thumb tacks which add extra ways to secure the mesh. Be sure to clean the surface well that you plan to stick the velcro to. If you don't they won't stick. It took our dog a few times to get the hang of it. The cats will only go through if we fold back the last magnet at the bottom so they can see it is not a door. Animals are going in and out and the bugs are staying out. So far, this has been a good purchase. 4 stars instead of 5 because of how the internet order process on the buymajicmesh site (not Amazon) handled the order and added additional charges. Once I called them, they took the charges off.
22 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2013
I have to say that after reading all the reviews, I was skeptical about this product. But I was also sooo tired of all the bugs getting into my house that I was desperate to try anything. We have two dogs who, unfortunately, aren't clever enough to open and close the sliding screen door by themselves, and leaving it open meant putting up with all manner of flying critters in my family room and kitchen. Ugh!

A picture is worth a thousand words, so I direct you to the customer image I posted for the MM, taken less than five minutes after I installed it. Bug outside (wanting in); dogs inside (trying to figure how to get out). But they learned quickly and are now at ease with it.

Take heed that the instructions included with the MM are very less than optimal and no-doubt responsible for the many bad reviews posted here. What I did, and would recommend for you is to:

1. Spread out the mesh halves on the floor and align the magnets, as they say.
2. Attach the sticky strips to the edges of the MM in the general locations indicated.
3. THROW OUT the instruction sheet at this point, but clean the surfaces of the doorway frame.
4. Use ONLY the thumb tacks provided to tack up the MM as best you can around the doorway, NOT using the sticky strips yet.
5. Try out the MM a few times to make sure that the magnets click together. Readjust, where necessary and use this time to teach Man's Best Friend how to enter/exit the doorway via treats and entreaties.
6. After a few days of using the MM in the doorway (again re-adjusting where needed), THEN and ONLY THEN pull off the backs of the sticky tape and affix them to the (cleaned) surface of the doorway.

Our Magic Mesh screen has been up for a couple of months now with no problems. I VERY rarely see ANY flies or bugs in our house now. (I'll update this post if I have any future issues with the screen.)

Hope this helps.
review image
on September 23, 2011
The MagicMesh door is a lightweight, cheaply made product that does keep bugs out due to huge gaps between the small magnets. Even though we did not order two coverings, we received a "free" one with high shipping and handling charges. The customer service rep was extremely rude and said he personally didn't care who we filed a complaint with. Save your money and your frustration on this one.
22 comments| 246 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2011
second door (free) does not include hook and loop strips so worthless despite excessive handling and shipping charge. velcro strips (h & l) do not hold on door frame. cheap and sleazy. save your money!
0Comment| 173 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2015
I received this mesh screen and was excited to get it. It came promptly, perhaps a little over-packaged, but really within normal limits.
I took it out of its nice, solid box and... bam! Down went all my happy thoughts. The velcro "strips" sent with it to affix it to the door were less than an inch long. Really, guys? The mesh is, as expected, machine made. This particular one was machine-made by a disgruntled employee, whom I hope has already moved on to a better job. One of the sides is longer than the other! By about two inches. And no, I did not put one up and the other down. The dinky magnets are placed correctly and they ensured I was, indeed, seeing what I was seeing. The magnets themselves are half the size of the ones in the other mesh door I (very successfully) have installed and used for about two years. The little boxes that contain them were (most of them) not closed up and falling apart in my hands. What a piece of crap product. Not even worth returning. Don't buy this, move along, move along.
Honestly, I haven't been hoodwinked into buying a product THIS BAD since I moved to L.A. as a youngster. Good Gods...
review image review image review image review image
on October 23, 2011
save your money magic mesh is so cheaply made it does'nt work and forget taking it off it falls apart i will never buy anything from this company again
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse