Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 10, 2012
I received this for a birthday gift becuase my wife knows I love gadgets. Bottom line it works.

Here are some helpful hints that make this a 4 star product.

- use the hdmi cable if you have can.

- keyboard. make sure you're holding it like a normal remote and press the center "android guy" button to bring up the mouse cursor. If you hold it like a keyboard in two hands, you'll think the pointer is not working.

- go to the service center and get the firmware update. My login and password were on the front of the user manual via a sticker from the seller (I missed that and was a little frustrated). After you download the firmware file, power off the device and power it on. Android will find the file and ask you if you want to proceed with the update.

- Go to Amazon.com from the browser and navigate to the page to install the amazon app store. I have a kindle fire so I'm able to install all the apps I paid for the Fire and not have to re-buy them

- Skype. Uninstall the version that comes with the unit. Install the version from the Amazon Appstore or from Google Play.

- Install Netflix (if you have an account), it's great. It takes about 5seconds to get a crystal clear picture and sound.

- Pros
Skype on Living Room TV
Netflix
Crackle
Has a cool effect

- Cons
It's currently overpriced. The cheapest Roku is $50/$60 and gives you much of the interet video and audio
Games via the remote don't have a great feel to them. I played angry birds and fruit ninja. Using your finger on a phone / tablet is much more fun that the experience you get with this product.
My wife hates it. She asked "why do we have a phone on our TV?" and "I just want to freaking turn on the tv and watch something, not click 4 times with my arms waving the air."

I have a playon server but haven't tested that out yet. I will update my review and let the playon users of the world know how well it works.

Update on 5/14 - Playon works. I downloaded the playon app from google play after the firmware update.

update on 11/24 - 6 months later and the device won't consitently boot. Current status is that it hangs on the igogo TV screen during while powering on. I'm tossing it and trying another android tv device. downgrading to two stars
on April 24, 2012
I have used it for almost 6 months. Overall my experience is great because i use it mostly for utube videos and online movie from Letmewatchthis etc. It plays excellent HD videos and live streams and both the picture and sound quality is great. Besides you can store tonnes of stuff in the micro SD card, usb or external hard drive. When i used it for skype live ivdeo chat, the picture/voice was not as smooth as a laptop would run; i dnot know why? I m not expert but i think it should be solved easily. I tried to link it with a mini cordless keyboard. It worked well at one time using bluetooth. But at another time i struggled with connecting, even though pairing was pretty straight forward. Regarding the bluetooth issue I contacted the technical people of the company to know if it would work with a bluetooth headphone + mic which i needed for skype chat. They replied "We have tested with a bluetooth handfree, Headphone is ok but the mic not function. We are trying to find out is that any compatible problems". Let's see if they can solve this problem. The 2.4GHz RF Air Mouse remote control is really magical. Initially one may get frustrated, but after a couple of days once u master its use, it is amazing. I also faced problem of website crash/termination (whatever) with the browser initially. But when they recommended me to use dolphin browser, that problem is solved now. With all these prons (many) and cons (few) I would suggest to go for igogo. it has proved to be excellent entertainment for me and my family. The Pyramid distributors of this product have been very supportive and professional.
on February 18, 2014
Dont buy this thing, old firmware and very hard to use using the air mouse. Cool idea, just not very functional. I bought this to be used as a skype device. No go, the video is very jittery and barely worked with skype. more of a frustration than it was fun.
on April 11, 2012
This unit is actually quite good but not worth more like 150. I have tried the remote which felt awkward but then soon switched to a wireless keyboard/mouse combo. I installed amazon appstore since google play can be sideloaded but force closes immediately.needs better firmware update then 2.3.1 It has been sluggish a few times when a few apps have been open. I didn't like the interface too much so I went with golauncher ex. I was surprised it came with 8gb nand storage over the 4gb stated and that you can uninstall the preloaded apps. I have played netflix which does work,and installed dolphin browser since the stock is too feature limited. The only thing that breaks this right now is not supporting the Google Play market.
55 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2012
Doesn't work with Gotomeeting, doesn't work with Google Play. I was under the impression it would work with the google market, but the market was upgraded to Google Play, so now it wont work. It will not work with Gotomeeting at all.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2012
I originally wrote my feedback with the seller, however that was incorrect, and unfair to the seller, so I've removed that. The seller in fact was very responsive and interested in feedback on the product for testing and possible future improvements.

As for the device, I had a few issues; First the clip did not seem to attach to the unit... and for fear of snapping the small tabs I chose not to try to hard. Second, I was unable to get sound from a few Chinese TV streams, the main purpose for buying the unit... and picture was choppy (both direct connect and wi-fi. I should note that they seemed fine on my laptop via wi-fi, so I was surprised at this. Third, the air mouse while innovative, is pretty difficult to master in a short time and caused more frustration for me than help, in particular the right mouse button being a "back" button. Finally I did see some browser crashes, but didn't spend a lot of time trying to figure out why...

All that said, I think the product has some pluses in that it truly was plug and play and I was able to hit other sites and view it perfectly on the LCD Panel. Perhaps smoothing some rough edges would make this a great buy.
on March 7, 2012
I bought the Magic Pro Igogo Tv via Amazon. I was pleasantly surprised by the arrival of the item a week earlier
than the original ETA, specially that I am in Perth Western Australia.
The item arrived and the packaging contained: Air mouse, a HDMI cable, 3 AAA batteries, a composite video cable, the Magic Pro IGogo Tv, a Chinese / English manual and a bracket for attaching to the top bezel of the TV.
Build Quality: Typical average low cost build, but functional. The biggest issue on the hardware front is the bracket. It is non fuctional on my Sony Bravia TV (I resorted in double side tape.)Once the box was plugged in, I started and it worked, i connected to wifi first and used the browser and with my wifi at full strength it was OK. I than connected via lan and it also worked. The Air mouse that comes with the unit has a keyboard and mouse buttons I did find it difficult to use so I resorted to connect a blutooth Keyboard/mouse unit that I use with my HTC Flyer. Biggest disappointment is that there is no Google Market App and cannot be downloaded. So you cannot use Google Market to Buy Apps. Would I recommend this unit? The Skype camera works fine catch up Tv SBS and ABC works,
Web browsing works. There is a web site that one has to log in and you can download a very limited numbers of apps. Also it is used for updates, so far no new updates are avail. 3 Stars Not ready for prime time.
77 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2012
This device is great, it is brand new, it is light weight and has 2 usb ports that are needed, when you first open the box and connect the unit, you need to log on to the service center to download the firmware UPDATE, once downloaded and restarted it is faster and more stable, some android devices like the NEW android tv boxes have no market, ok SIDE LOAD apps if you know how, anyway, I side loaded apps I use all the time and they work flawlessly with this unit, the internet looks beautiful on a huge screen, specially at the speed of 1 ghz,now I am looking for a good computer chair and desk so I can sit in front of my new smart tv with comfort:):):).

It is important to download the updates before using the unit, that goes for any device you buy, the only problem I noticed is the ac outlet cord is tooooo short which I use an extention cord with it, other than that it is worth the money, it is like having a droid computer on your huge tv, I will be purchasing another one for the living room.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2012
i use the igogo in a meeting room for videoconferencing, with google hangout and skype.
with the new firmware upgrade, adding the access to the android market, thes product is now more open to thousands of applications
i was impressed by the quality of the mic that you can use in a large room, but the camera picture quality is poor.
full hd picture is very good, use for watching videos or youtube is great.

a good product.
on July 23, 2013
This is hard to operate and i have returned the same day.
Idea is good and need's more quality and remote needs to be more friendly.