5.0 out of 5 stars The best children's books
Published on March 27, 2009 by J.L.

3.0 out of 5 stars bonne livre
This was a very good book. It was intresting because of all the funny things and serius things in the book.
I really enjoyed it!!!
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars The best children's books, March 27, 2009
We absolutely love this series of books. My son does not care to read very much, but he loves this series. We have all of them and wish there were more. I love that the books expose children to different areas of the world and various points in history as well. They are good chapter books to read with your children at earlier ages. Then, when their reading skills allow, they can read them on their own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magie Tree House - Moonlight on the Magic Flute, May 21, 2009
The Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne is a series that every parent or teacher of a pre-teen should be familiar with. This book, Moonlight on the Magic Flute, Book Number 41, is no different than the rest in that the genre of realistic fiction makes history come alive in a way that gets readers excited. This time, Annie and Jack, siblings that are nine and ten (eight and nine... close to that age) go to Austria during the 1700s using the Magic Tree House that is in their back yard. They are traveling to complete their mission of finding Mozart. They meet other interesting characters during their adventures, as they do in every book. When I was given the assignment in a graduate class of reviewing a chapter book with other certain criteria to meet, I needed to narrow down the field somewhat in order to make a choice, so I turned to my fifth graders. The Magic Tree House Series, including Moonlight on the Magic Flute, is somewhat below a fifth grade reading level, but they still love it and some still read it depending on what level of reading they have achieved. They suggested that I read this book. It is a new one out in the series, and we had a discussion about how great the series ties into social studies/history. This, of course, pleased me. I was familiar with the fact that this series went through historical places and times, but this is actually the first I have read in the series. What a magical book... I can't wait to read more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review by Victor, October 20, 2009
Moonlight on the Magic Flute is #41 of the Magic Tree House. In this book, the main characters Jack and Annie, are transported to Vienna, Austria in time of Mozart.

The part that I enjoyed the most was when Annie kept calling Jack a clown in the song she sang when they went to chase Wolfie. I also liked the part when the animals attacked.

I would recommend this book to people who like the Magic Tree House series, Mozart fans, people who like Chapter books, and anyone who likes to read.

Victor M. (ISM 2009-2010)

5.0 out of 5 stars Moonlight on the Magic Flute, January 11, 2012
Moonlight on the Magic Flute by Mary Pope Osborne
This review is by my 2nd grade student, Caleb.

Jack and Annie are back! Jack,as usual is like a genius. This time they are invited to a Summer Palace. Their mission is to inspire Mozart as a boy.
I think this book is a mysterious book. This book makes me feel like a detective.
They are given a magic flute.
Will they succeed? To find out, read the book!

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter knows who Mozart is now!! One small criticism, July 20, 2014
S. Crowell "Ladee Esquire" (Rancho Cucamonga, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Another solid installment from Mary Pope Osborne. My 6 yr old daughter has been working her way through these books starting with #1 in the series. She's read many other things along the way but nothing that has held her attention like the MTH series. She loves the stories and I love that, for the most part, the books are well written and help to develop a strong vocabulary as well as an appreciation for the arts and history.

My only criticism of this particular book in the series is that Jack and Annie, who are normally very kind to each other, call names in this story. I think "dummy" and "stupid" are used. They apologize immediately after which is positive but I still wish it wasn't there. One of the things I've enjoyed about this series the most is that Jack and Annie have been consistently been presented as a considerate, brother/sister team. Annie is rambunctious and Jack more the plodder but the combination of their personalities is what has made them successful in their quests.

I'm hoping that the kindness will continue throughout the rest of the series and that this one was unusual in that respect. I really don't think we need another snotty children's book character. There are enough of those already... Junie B. anyone???

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, June 1, 2009
Ski Dog (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
8 year old says "It was awesome." Favorite thing about book was all the animals following the magic flute. "The missions are so cool."

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loved it, May 8, 2009
Got this for my son's BD, he read it cover to cover that day, haven't found a MTH book he hasn't loved.

5.0 out of 5 stars We want more!, September 21, 2013
My daughter (age 6) and I loved this book. What a beautiful story. A smart way to teach our children about history. We want all of these books.

4.0 out of 5 stars the Magic Tree House should be read in chronological order to best appreciate Jack and Annie's travels through time as they ..., January 20, 2015
The Magic Tree House books are a MUST READ collection for all children. Unlike many other series for young readers, the Magic Tree House should be read in chronological order to best appreciate Jack and Annie's travels through time as they go on various missions; which are typically completed in four parts. Parents and educators will enjoy going along for the ride as much as their students! My daughter is a teenager now but she still gets excited when she sees a new tree house adventure has come out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another solid installment from a reliable series for children, November 6, 2013
Daphne Jones (New York, New York) - See all my reviews
In this typically charming Jack and Annie adventure, the two siblings wind up in 18th-century Vienna on a mission to find a "brilliant artist" and put him the right path. Of course, all along they are in the presence of said artist ("Wolfie") and never realize it. I particularly appreciate that this Merlin Mission shows art as both exciting and a worthwhile pursuit. Another solid installment from a reliable series.

Magic Tree House #41: Moonlight on the Magic Flute
Magic Tree House #41: Moonlight on the Magic Flute by Mary Pope Osborne (Audio CD - March 10, 2009)
$14.95 $12.94