Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 27, 2016
My daughter absolutely loves this series! She has the whole set up to #50 so far. Our son just recently began reading them to, so she passes them to him and then they talk about the books they have just read. That's great! I've heard no complaints from them about ANY of the books in this series being boring or not fun to read. They are a good book for ages 6-10 to read, depending on reading level. Books aren't really thick or complicated, so best enjoyed by readers past the beginning step readers and not yet into teen/pre-teen fiction.
As I Mom, I love that these encourage my kids to read more. They are also including a bit of history and education with a fun-filled story. Win, win!
on January 20, 2015
It's hard to believe that I have already been along on 45 adventures with Jack and Annie! If you ever hear anyone say that you can't learn something from children's books then please show them this series. As with all of Jack and Annie's missions, they come in a cluster of 4; A Crazy Day with Cobras is the first in this four part series.

While walking home from school Jack and Annie run into a very distraught Teddy and Kathleen, whom have been on many past missions with them. Teddy had gotten a little over zealous with a simple spell from Morgan La Fay's book of magic while she was away and has turned several things to stone. Penny, Merlin's pet penguin is a statue as well. Teddy and Kathleen are now trying to reverse the spell's magic but they need Jack and Annie's help to collect the items needed to free Penny from her stony prison. The siblings travel to India on a mission of love. Their love for Penny, Teddy, Kathleen and Merlin. Along their way they witness other displays of devotion and learn a bit of history in the process.
on August 7, 2014
We read to our boys every night before bed but our oldest son who is 8 has started to want to read after bed so we started getting the Kindle addition books for him. This was a great book and a great read, he loved it and after a weekend night - the next morning he told me that he read it from end to end and couldn't put it down. I think that this is an overused statement sometime but coming from my son who has only been reading story books for a little while now it was a true testament.

I have a feeling that we will be getting more of these books series now for him. We bought two of them and I am sure that there will be many more. The next one that we will be dabbling in other series for him.
on March 5, 2014
As with all Magic Treehouse books, the writing itself is nothing special and the character development is minimal at best. BUT -- and this is a big but -- I purchased this to read to my niece and nephew, who I consider to be the ultimate authority on all things Jack and Annie, and they loved it.

This ended up being one of their favorites so far. My nephew, age 7, is very much into snakes these days and was extremely engaged in the final few chapters, which deal with the King Cobra. My niece identified with the lost elephant in the story.

Both my niece and nephew have asked me to buy the audiobook production so they can experience the story again and again. So I give "A Crazy Day for Cobras" 5/5 stars based on the enthusiasm of its intended audience! :)
on September 6, 2012
What would you do if you came face to face with a live cobra? Jack and Annie are off on another Merlin Mission. Penny, the abandoned penguin which they rescued on a previous mission and gave to Merlin, has been accidentally turned into a stone statue. In order to help bring her back to life, Jack and Annie must go four-hundred years back in time to visit one of the Great Moguls of India and obtain an emerald stone shaped like a rose.

While posing as ambassadors from Frog Creek to Shah Jahan, the Great Mogul who built the Taj Mahal as a memorial to his late wife, they receive the stone, but lose it after an episode with a stampeding elephant. As they search for it, they find themselves being attacked by a daddy king cobra protecting his mate and their eggs. Will they find the stone? How will they escape? There are some book series which I read where I don't do a review for every single book, but I continue to do so with the Magic Tree House books because they are fun stories about different times and places which are very interesting while also being quite educational.
on January 4, 2014
This book series is worth ten stars. I read these to my kindergarten class and the kids love them. The stories are well written, educational, and keep the children enthralled. In addition, the books invoke the children's imaginations and usually lead them to create their own Jack and Annie adventures.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2011
This book was bought for an 8 year old, who is sold on the whole series. He has every one of the books in his collection and loves reading all of them. Read the book to find how the characters find the emerald rose. If you have not read the collection, do so-also GREAT read aloud books for anytime.
on March 15, 2012
I and my son just love the series. You really get caught up in the story line. Mrs. Osborne is one fabulous writer. If you need something to get your child to read this is the series for 6yrs. to 100yrs.
on May 14, 2011
We've read every single book in the Magic Tree House series. Our kids were so excited when we got this one... And it hasn't been a let down! Jack and Annie have a fun adventure and my kids joined them. :)
on August 14, 2013
My 8 year old son really enjoyed this book. He is into snakes, reptiles and dragons so it was a nice fit with all the other stuff he likes to read. It is great addition to our magic tree house library.