Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 14, 2007
My first grade grandson could read like lightning but could'nt remember anything he read, never understood what the story was trying to tell him and generally became very apprehensive when asked to read anything. He had classic performance anxiety. Having taught in Special Ed., I had found the Magic Treehouse books helped put the most anxious reader, especially those who faced language based reading difficulties, right at ease. As with them, my grandson almost instantly became a part of the story. His reading became more fluid and he would sparkle when asked to relate what he had read. Thank you Mary Pope Osborne!
on December 2, 1997
Magic Tree House #4, Pirates past noon, is the best. I love the cover. I like Jack and Annie. They are sort of funny. I read the whole book in one day. I am five years old and my name is Nate.
on February 13, 2002
Pirates Past Noon
Mary Pope Osborne

Would you ever want to travel to the time of the pirates?

This is a story about two kids Annie and Jack. They have found a magic tree house and travel to the time of the pirates. The pirates show up and capture them. The pirates make them tell were the buried treasure is. They tell them they don't know were it is, but then Jack & Annie find the treasure and tell them were it is. The pirates found it too and leave to get some shovels and in that time something happens to Annie and Jack, but you'll have to read the book to find out what happens to the two of them.
I thought this was a great book think it is for people who like adventure books.
I recommend this book to kids 6-10 years old and I think kids would love it if they like adventure.
VINE VOICEon February 26, 2008
In this 4th installment of the Magic Tree House series, Jack and Annie find themselves on a deserted island, quickly confronted by three not so nice pirates - Pinky, Stinky and Cap'n Bones. The pirates are in search of Captain Kidd's buried treasure and they are sure that Jack and Annie know where it is. With the pirates desperate to find the treasure and a storm on its way, how will the kids get out of this one and back home safely?
The end of Pirates Past Noon holds a delightful surprise and is sure to lead you quickly in search of book #5! This is a great series that my 5 year old daughter and I love. It is perfect for kids who are outgrowing the younger picture books and getting ready for chapter books. These books have a picture every few pages, so that helps in the transition of reading/listening stages, I think. They are also a great way to introduce your child to different regions and to learn a bit about history.
on September 19, 2014
This is an engrossing series every kid will love. My Kindergartener loves it. We read these like candy, eating through them in 3 days and moving onto another. It's like we gorge on each book. Am hoping once she reads that she'll go back and read them for herself. She loves the stories. They are just long enough to be engrossing and short enough for her to feel satisfied like she's finished something good.
on October 25, 2013
This is a chapter book, but can be read in one sitting while still keeping a child's attention. I have a 6-year-old son so you know what age.

We put on our pirate hats, climbed up into his treehouse and read the book. That made it fun!

While I liked the book, I'm not sure I liked it enough to read more in the series.
on January 17, 2013
I do not buy these books for myself, but for my 5 year old who is about to begin reading herself. These books have grabbed her attention like nothing has since we read her Charlotte's web. I find them predictable, and the learning is not done super smoothly--but neither does the Cat In the Hat and various other PBS shows she learns from. The important thing is that she loves them, she will be as inspired as I was as a child to learn and love to read, and there is learning value in them.
on February 21, 1999
This book is my favorite in the series so far. My favorite part is when Jack got caught. I finished the book in a day and a half since it was so good!
on May 12, 2014
My four year old loves these Magic Tree House books. We read a few chapters every night instead of the standard preschooler fare. As he is learning sight words, he is starting to participate more. Great books!
on December 6, 2012
We started at 1 and are marching through all of the Magic Tree House series. My kids looooooove it!! We have a special place in our hearts for pirates so this one in the series was extra fun. I got to use 3 different pirate character voices and the kids got to try and help the main characters figure out where the buried treasure was. This whole series is a pure delight!!!