- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
Original Film restored Running time 53 minutes
8 page booklet
Packaged in an amaray case
+ SPECIAL FEATURES
Director's Commentary by Paul McCartney
The Making of Magical Mystery Tour (19:05)
- Features interviews with Paul and Ringo, along with other cast members and crew. Includes unseen footage.
Ringo the actor (2:30)
- Ringo reflecting on his role in the film.
Meet The Supporting Cast (11:27)
- A feature on the background and careers of Nat Jackley, Jessie Robins, Ivor Cutler, The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, Victor Spinetti, George Claydon, and Derek Royle.
'Your Mother Should Know' (2:35)
'Blue Jay Way' (3:53)
'The Fool On The Hill' (3:05)
- Three new edits of these performances all featuring footage not seen in the original film.
'Hello Goodbye' (3:24), as featured in Top of the Pops 1967
- The Beatles allowed the BBC to film them in the edit suite where they were working on Magical Mystery Tour. This was then turned into a promo by the BBC, who shot their own additional footage. It was then broadcast on Top of the Pops to mark the 'Hello Goodbye' single going to No 1 in December 1967.
Nat's Dream (2:50)
- A scene directed by John featuring Nat Jackley. Not included in the original film.
Ivor Cutler 'I'm Going In A Field' (2:35)
- Ivor performs 'I'm Going In A Field', in a field. Not included in the original film.
Traffic 'Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush' (1:53)
- The filming of Traffic acting out their 1967 hit single 'Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush' was commissioned by The Beatles for possible inclusion in Magical Mystery Tour but was not used in the final edit.
Aspect ratio - 1.33:1
Frame rate - 1080i 59.94
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Dolby Digital 5.1
PCM stereo for Blu-Ray
Subtitle language options for feature, extras and commentary:
In September 1967 The Beatles embarked on making their third film, this time conceived and directed by themselves.
Based on a loose unscripted narrative, in the spirit of the experimental mood of the time, and directed by The Beatles themselves, the film became the vehicle to present 6 new songs - Magical Mystery Tour, The Fool On The Hill, Flying, I Am The Walrus, Blue Jay Way and Your Mother Should Know.
Now, 45 years on, the virtually forgotten film has been fully restored and is being presented properly for the first time.
The restoration of Magical Mystery Tour has been overseen by Paul Rutan Jr. of Eque Inc., the same company that handled the much acclaimed restoration of Yellow Submarine. The soundtrack work was done at Abbey Road Studios by Giles Martin and Sam Okell.
All of the packages contain a host of special features, packed with unseen footage. There are newly-filmed interviews with Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and other members of the film's cast and crew, as well as a director's audio commentary recorded by Paul.
The Beatles, what else can I say they were one of the very few musical groups that never looked back from there first album & each album after through Sgt Peppers the sounds,... Read morePublished 2 days ago by Stan
Not their best work, but still deserves a place in your Beatle film collection. Always worth it to see them together again. RIP John & George.Published 8 days ago by Richard H. Aronoff
Yes, it's The Beatles. Yes, the songs are timeless classics. But, why do I give this DVD the lowest possible rating? Read morePublished 17 days ago by Aparato SuperSonico
The 3 stars are for the British version of the vinyl. The movie is and will always be 1 starPublished 22 days ago by don't look back
Well whats the mystery then?, thats what the magics about. Well what then of the magic? Well thats the mystery._. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Paul Sandoval
Magical Mystery Tour is an hour-long TV movie starring The Beatles - John Lennon,Paul McCartney,George Harrison and Ringo Starr. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Desertman84
I love the Beatles-I've been a Fan since 1964! Very fun and fun to watch! Fab 4 Fan for Life! 5 Stars!Published 2 months ago by vicki
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|MMT Collectors' Edition||
It's $89.95 in The Beatles store. Hopefully, amazon will have too...and a little cheaper.
Aug 22, 2012 by morpheus57 | See all 4 posts
|Won't play on Panasonic DMP-BD60||
Same problem with Chronicle. No solution.
Jul 23, 2013 by Red Man | See all 2 posts