1,245 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars We have one and love it!
I actually bought this on Ebay, but am about to buy a second one here because it's cheaper on Amazon!

This is a fabulous little dolly. It's not really just a luggage cart..everyone has wheeled luggage these days anyway.

Published on September 8, 2006 by D. Figueroa

3.0 out of 5 stars Folding wheels are great ... and terrible
The folding wheels are the best ... and worst feature. They make the unit much easier to carry and store. But they put the pivot point too far behind the load and that throws off the balance.

Published on August 21, 2008 by cwb3106

5.0 out of 5 stars We have one and love it!, September 8, 2006
D. Figueroa (Clairemont, SD, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magna Cart Personal 150 lb Capacity Aluminum Folding Hand Truck (Tools & Home Improvement)

We use it in our warehouse to haul 70 pound boxes around and it fits into the car easily so that when it's time to drop off a mountain of boxes at the PO or haul home the things I order on Amazon (grin), it's right there.

Getting a second one so that we can keep one at home, too.

We tried other folding carts and they couldn't handle the weights we were putting on them. This one is great and the price can't be beat.

Don't try this at home, kids, but I was able to lift my 175 pound hubby off the floor and wheel him around on it..it's one tough little dolly.

Update 3 years later: These carts have seen almost daily usage for nearly 3 years now and are still in perfect condition. I have never had a 'personal' dolly last like these. It's truly a superb product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little hand truck. Will buy again., August 27, 2007
I organized all my camping stuffs in several 12-gallon size storage containers. I use this handy truck to transfer those storage containers from car to the tent site. Initiallzy, I was worried if the wheel is too small for outside unpaved roads. But it turns out just fine. The whole construction of this hand truck is solid. Especially, the flat side on the bottom for carrying loads is long enough (not the width) to ensure stable rolling on unpaved roads around camping side. It works great for moving things around. Very good value for this low price. Definitely a good product that I will buy again and I will recommend to my friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars Folding wheels are great ... and terrible, August 21, 2008

Unintuitively, it works better with big loads than small; i.e., it is easier to move two boxes than just one! To balance short loads, you have to push the handle too far down (too close to horizontal) to be really comfortable. Fortunately, the handle is long, so it is not too awkward.

Tall loads balance better. Moving one box is easier if you stand it on end than the more natural bottom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little cart, May 22, 2007
bucky0926 (Glen Oaks, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I just started a new job where I have to set up an exhibit table most days. While the table itself is not real heavy parking in my territory is terrible and I usually have to park 2 to 3 blocks from where I'm located. Add to that a briefcase packed to the brim and it makes for a very uncomfortable schlep. Not wanting to go and get a new rolling briefcase and still have to carry the table, I'm breaking away from the rest of my company and bought this instead. I couldn't be happier. It carries my stuff flawlessly and packs up real tiny. When you lift the bottom plate the wheels slide in so its only 2 inches thick. It slides under my skirted table and no one is the wiser that it's there. For the money, this is one sturdy cart. I think I remember reading another review where the reviewer stated that they couldn't push it forward as the handle would retract. This is not my experience at all. It locks in 2 positions and I can roll it behind me or in front without a problem. Before spending a fortune, give this a try, you really won't be sorry.

Update: Feb 3rd, 2008
Still at the same job and I use this every day. Still works flawlessly. It's even cheaper now on amazon and a few in my company have seen the light and bought one themselves. Never has it had any mechanical failures and the tires are still in great shape. No regrets here.

Update: April 30, 2014
At a different company but doing the same job and yes I still have my original cart and it still works great. Tires are still in great shape and telescoping handle works flawlessly. One of the best investments I ever made.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price for a light duty handcart, September 27, 2006
I just recieved my Manga Card Personal Hand Truck today, so I have given it only a little testing.

Out of the box: It looks great and feels well crafted. Operating it is easy, you can unfold, refold it, extend and retract the handle all with one hand (and one foot). When ordering I was concerned about the handle hight (39") since I am 6'4". But rolling it around feels perfect! However when going up and down stairs, I do have to stoop over a tad. The metal rails for the handle that slide into each other have a lite coating of oil on them, so just don't grab them.

Use: It is easy to tip loads back and start wheeling. However one thing I noticed is that when you tip the cart back, the load does not balance on wheels like a regular full size handtruck. Rather the load is in front of the wheels, therefore you must press down on the handle to keep the cart from standing it self upright. To balance the load you must have the handle near horizontal to the floor.

I bought this hand truck to use for my small business (onsite computer services), so I will only carry lite weight. It is perfect for this duty and a great price. Plus it folds up quickly and takes up little space in my truck. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because for heavier loads, you must balance it by constantly pressing down on the handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light Weight, convenient and a good value for money, September 30, 2007
I has purchased this hand truck for my ice chest, and I have used this a few times and am very pleased with the quality and the workmanship of the cart. The cart is extremely light weight and the quality of material used is really good for the price paid. And it does feel quite rugged.
And another good feature is that the cart has telescoping handle, that slides down, and the flat portion of the cart folds up against the handle, while the wheels also fold up giving it a very small profile that can fit in verys tight spaces. The cart comes with two bungee cords as well, and the cart has notches at several places for the bungee cord hooks to lock in.

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly strong, April 23, 2010
Let's start off by qualifying the following:

I am an engineer and it is literally my job to identify poor devices and never let them get to market. I've honed my engineering intuition to the point where I can guess with 90% accuracy whether something will fail from the very outset of the assignment.

So when I saw this in a store, I thought, "This couldn't possibly work. Or could it?"

It's constructed like a cheap tripod. The frame is made of telescoping aluminum square tubing and fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP). This would have been fine if it had not claimed to hold 150 lbs. The wheels looked legit and the alloy nose-plate looked strong enough, so I didn't question those.

I don't put a lot of stock in the thin aluminum legs of my tripod and I certainly wasn't going to trust these to withstand roughly 450lb-ft of torque. But you know what, they manage it pretty well. There's a lot of bending at first, when you lean it back from the vertical resting position. This is definitely unsettling. But all you have to do is reach out, grab the top of the load and pull it back with the cart. Once it's in on it's wheels, the load is well-distributed over the length of the legs.

The wheels roll well and having one makes shopping in bulk a lot easier for my mom. Although she still has to lift the palettes of water into and out of the trunk, at least rolling it from the car to the corner of the garage where she likes to stockpile them. It folds flat so it resides in her trunk when not in use.

So here's where my engineering intuition failed me. I'm used to seeing safety values on the order of 2x or more. What this means is if one of my manufacturers tell me something will hold 150lbs, it can usually hold 300 or even 450lbs. After trying it out, this cart can indeed support 150lb loads as claimed, but don't expect much more. Keep your loads light and you should get years out of this handy little cart. If you need to move a washing machine or a TV, get yourself a real hand-truck.

5.0 out of 5 stars compact and it works, January 16, 2007
I ordered this hand truck to use in Northern Iraq, where I am stationed. Had my parents send it to me. I have very little storage space and needed it to work and fit! It folds up very small and hauls a lot of heavy stuff. I use it over rocks and mud and it works like a larger hand truck would. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Travel Cart, February 18, 2007
This cart is great for the purpose I bought it. It is very strong, yet it collapses nicely, occupying little space. It is extremely easy to use since it basically collapses almost by itself. You just have to lift the front, and the wheels collapse. The price is also great, especially compared to the competition which is about twice as high. I paid $29 for this one on special. You cannot beat that. I recommend it based on my very positive experience with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for use with car seat, January 14, 2011
I bought this to use with my son's car seat - a cosco scenera - instead of paying the $80 for the gogokidz product which is used in the same way. I attached the car seat to the hand cart using the tether strap that is part of the car seat. The base of the hand truck is not large enough for all of the car seat base to be in contact with it, but as long as the car seat was attached firmly it was safe and secure. No, this hand truck was not designed to carry a car seat, but if you attach the car seat correctly it works just as well. The hand truck was easy to transport and store when not in use and easy to manuever while it was in use.