Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 19, 2007
My kids (7-13) have enjoyed playing with these tiles more than any toy they received for Christmas. In fact, I would love to order more of them so they can all play together. They sit for hours building. It is so much better than legos.
on November 27, 2007
My almost 5-year-old loves the Magna Tiles DX. He received it as his 4 year birthday present a year ago & immediately went to work building. Sometimes he builds the suggested shapes/forms, sometimes he creates his own, & sometimes he creates patterns with the colors and tile shapes. He continues to enjoy this toy. I highly recommend this toy for any preschool aged child - & probably most elementary kids too. It lets kids be creative, inventive, play w/ colors and observe the properties of magnets as well.
on January 17, 2008
This is our second set of Magna-Tiles. We love having the wheels and other fun shapes. My 3 year old son likes building trucks, etc. My 7 & 10 year old daughters like constructing houses, etc. It's a wonderful, creative set, fun for all ages (the 10 year old probably likes it the best:)
on August 10, 2013
My granddaughter (2 yrs. 2 months) LOVES this toy and my adult children enjoy playing with her when she is playing with this toy. I purchases a 32 piece version for her to have at home and I am going to purchase this to add too it. The more pieces, the better!
on February 26, 2014
My 3-yr-old has not stopped playing with these since he got them for Christmas. Almost every day they are out, and he's building new creations. Even my 6-yr-old loves to help out and build! So as far as entertainment goes, HUGE hit!

The only downside we've encountered so far is that the magnets themselves are not particularly strong. In fact, they're rather weak, so the structures can and do readily collapse if they get too big. We do, however, have some other magnetic building toys (magneforms and cms magnetic sticks) with much stronger magnets, and we readily combine them to make stronger (and just different) structures.

So much fun! I highly recommend it, and we'll be getting more so that we can build more!
on April 30, 2015
These were given to us as a Christmas gift in 2010. Since then, we have added two more 100 piece clear sets. 3 kids ages 1.5 to 8 year old still play with these daily. They build runways for airplanes to skyscrapers that reach the ceiling. I've used them to teach my kids 3D shapes, and how to build stable structures. Magna-Tiles are a good investment for years of use. However, after much use the larger tiles have started to crack along the edge and when this happens, the magnetics fall out. I've appended a photo so you can see what it looks like when this starts to happen so you can replace them.
review image
on December 2, 2014
We owned the clear Magna-Tiles set first and they seem to work a bit better and the quality seemed a little different. I would not buy the solid color ones again but LOVE Magna-Tiles they have gotten years of use already.
on May 28, 2013
I gave these magna blocks to my grandchildren. They are aged 5 and 3 yrs. They love to build with them and
create imaginative AND colorful buildings and shapes.

They are very good for their thinking skills, mastery of spatial relationships, and eye-hand coordination.
on September 5, 2015
I know that often the cost of these items makes you question whether to get them or not, but seriously...buy them! We bought a hundred piece set for my daughter for Christmas last year. Her fifth birthday is approaching and when asked what she wants she says magna tiles. She builds so many structures with this, but needed more.

So we purchased this set since it had pieces that only come in the 48 pc DX set (solid and clear). It has an arch, a car, door...so awesome for additional play!
on June 12, 2015
I bought these for my 2 year old daughter to play with (with supervision because of the magnets). Together we will build a house for some of her small dolls or action figures to play in. Sometimes we build a long road for cars to drive on. When she plays with them alone she likes to sort and stack them.

She has a variety of toys to play with, but I do notice she will pick these out to play with more often than most other toys.

A bit pricey, but I think it's worth it considering how much use you can get out of them.