Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on August 30, 2010
I've had this alarm clock for almost a month now and for the most part, am pleased with my purchase. The dual alarms are convenient; one time for M-F and another for weekends without having to manually change the setting every week. I know the time is always accurate - I can rest secure even if there's a power failure that I will get up on time. It's compact size doesn't take up too much room on the night stand. The red ceiling projection light is soft and non-disturbing, yet it does the job. The radio is just a convenient plus and use it to listen to weather forecasts.
My one complaint is that the display light for the front of the clock is too bright, even in its 'dim' setting. It lights up my entire night stand - like having a 'night-light' plugged in. It's a bother on sleepless nights. When you turn it away from you, the ceiling projection is sideways. On the bright side, (pun intended), I don't have to switch on a light if I make a bathroom trip in the middle of the night. This bothersome feature is why I gave it a 4-rating instead of a 5. Perhaps Magnasonic can work on improving this feature.
2424 comments|858 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 28, 2013
This is the perfect alarm clock for me. Truth is, I'm retired and seldom use the alarm part of the clock radio. The primary reason I purchased this model was for its ability to project the time onto the wall or ceiling, and I truly love that feature.

The face of the clock, even on the dimmest setting, is brighter than any I've seen, but for me anyway, it's not a problem. When my eyes are closed it's not bright enough to interfere with sleeping, and when I wake up during the night the light it casts serves as a very useful nightlight.

A fair number of reviewers seem to think the Celsius setting cannot be switched to Fahrenheit, and that SIMPLY ISN'T TRUE. On page 10 of the owner's manual, it's clearly explained - press and hold the << button for 3 seconds - how hard is that?
review image review image
44 comments|328 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2012
This is my third attempt at a projection alarm clock...My last two worked about a year and died! I found things that I didn't like with both of them, and was thrilled when I found this clock. It seems to have fixed the issues I had with my last two. For instance, the blue light on my last clock was WAY WAY too bright for sleeping! This clock you can dim the light, or set it to do it on its own, how great! Then another problem I had in the past was that when you projected the light onto the ceiling, it would be upside down, so I had to turn the clock around backwards...well then you couldn't ever read the face of the clock! This on has a button that flips the projection 180 degrees! Wahlah, fixed that problem too!

So to sum it up, the face light is adjustable, so no annoying bright light! No more having to jimmy rig the clock and turning it backwards to get the projection to read right side up! I LOVE having the temperature display as well! It is a great feature and seems to read accurate! I also love that it has a radio and DUAL alarms! It was very easy to set by using the instructions. Radio sound is good, for a clock, and has digital channel display as well, BONUS! Lets see, what else do I love about this clock...oh yes, it self sets after power goes out and daylight savings time will never be easier that on this clock, it was a push of 1 button to set it! How great is that! Anyway, as you can tell I really like this clock, my only concen is history repeating itself and it only lasting a year, but time will tell! Oh, and for the money, I think if it only did last a year, I would probably go and purchase the same clock again and again because I LOVE all the features that much!
55 comments|294 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2011
I literally searched for months for a clock radio with certain features. I wanted all of these features in one unit: digital radio tuner, large number display, option to dim and/or turn off display light, two alarms, a time projection, easy to program, a small footprint, AND all that at a reasonable price. This little radio has all of that and then some. I love the weight of it...sturdy. It has a contemporary look and feel to it. All in all I am very pleased with this purchase.
44 comments|425 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2010
This clock is pretty good over-all. The radio is a nice feature but the speakers just don't quite cut it. Too much over-all distortion in the sound quality. The clock works well, and seems to maintain good time. Easy too use buttons and nice alarm features like M-F one time set. Two seperate alarms and the Clock does project very well plus the ability to flip your projection display 180 degrees. The one feature that needs improvement is the display light on the unit itself. It is so bright even in the dim mode that it lights up the room. So if you prefer to sleep in the dark you might want to think about this one feature. On the bright side I purchased this clock from Amazon and all was handled very well. Easy to purchase and delivery was as notified.
1919 comments|531 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2013
This is my second projection alarm clock. My first one was an Oregon one which is slightly nicer, but also quite a bit more expensive. This Magnasonic one appears to be well made and has a nice display. I like the ability to customize the alarm to only M-F. If there was one thing I'd change, it would be the font of the projection display - the elements are too spread-out and rather cheap looking. No big deal though.
on January 13, 2011
I bought this clock because I've never had a projector clock before and I love blue... so since it lights up blue on the face I just had to get it. I know others have complained about the brightness even when on the dim setting. But don't let that discourage you. There is also a setting for the face to turn off completely and then if you hit the snooze button in the middle of the night to check the time the face comes on for about 15 or 20 seconds and goes back off. If you don't want to lean over, use the projector on the ceiling or wall. It controls the alarms to go on only m-f or m-t.. whatever you want. The temperature gauge is accurate and I find it handy. My only complaint would be that the projector color is red rather than blue lol
55 comments|111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2011
What a disappointment~! The clock came today and I was so excited... just waiting for tonight to try it out. I had read where everyone said the clock face was too bright at night (even on dim) but one guy said not to let that stop me from buying it because you could turn that part off at night. Well guess what people? You certainly can turn that part off at night but it takes the ceiling display with it! What freaking good is that?!!!! You can turn it off but if you want to see the time during the night you have to roll over and hit the snooze button which turns back on the glaring face again! What part of the concept of ceiling display did the manufacturers not understand?

And by the way... if you call their tech. support they will redirect you to EMERSON!

What a shame. This is such a nice looking clock with so much potential. =(

PS... The radio sound is cheap, cheap, cheap.
55 comments|191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2012
My wife wanted me to find an alarm clock that has big enough numbers for her to see without her glasses on. When I first read the reviews, I didn't really pay much attention to the feature that you can project a red light with the time on your ceiling or wall. I set this alarm clock to project the red light with the time on the ceiling in our room. It is our favorite feature of any alarm clock we have owned. The light shows up clear and large or small. We made the light show up large and it is amazing. The light on the ceiling is not bright at all, but you are able to read it clearly. In fact, we never look at the clock anymore, we just look at the ceiling to see what time it is.
on June 6, 2015
Nice clock and it keeps accurate time. I thought I was ordering an atomic clock. My one disappointment is the difficult reading the numbers on the wall. I attempt to show this clock reading and then my older atomic projection clock.