5.0 out of 5 stars 8th Generation Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder
The MDR535H/F7 is one of three in the 53x Series... 533 and 537 are the others. This 535 has a 500GB HDD while the others have 320GB and 1000GB (1TB) HDDs.

More info at avsforum.com > Forums > Video Components > DVD Recorders > Magnavox 537, 535, 533, 515, 513, 2160A, 2160, 2080 & Philips 3576, 3575.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Mag...
Published 23 months ago by wajo

1.0 out of 5 stars Tuner problems - No QAM tuner
The first unit I received worked fine except for a tuner problem that was sporadic. When I would key in a channel the display would indicate it had gone to the new channel, but was in fact still on the original channel. Its like it would get hung up on a channel. But it would work most of the time. Also, especially if I was recording two programs back to back, but...
Published 20 months ago by DWM

‹ Previous | 14 5 622 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder (Black) (Electronics)
Takes a couple of reads of the instruction manual to feel truly comfortable with the operation of video recorder... It does a really good job with digital and analog recording and playback. Good product. Quality of the playback is outstanding!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice recorder but...., February 17, 2014
This review is from: Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder (Black) (Electronics)
It need a HD tuner. It does record the new digital channels but not in HD. The unit could also use some HDMI inputs or at least RGB inputs for HD input.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacing a Philips DVD Recorder, December 23, 2013
This review is from: Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder (Black) (Electronics)
This is something I've wanted for a while, a HDD DVR that's not tied to the satellite subscription. I had been using a similar previous model which only had a DVD recorder, which is a bit of a pain to have to record onto DVDs all the time. I love this, because it's constantly recording the past 6 hours of video, so I can rewind or pause in real time. And if there's something I want to save, that can be done too. Setting up to record future shows is about as easy as the previous DVD recorder, just set the time, speed, and length. It can record to either the HDD or DVD. I've had it a couple of months so far. No complaints. It works the way I want it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me cut the cable (or the direct tv connection), December 23, 2013
This review is from: Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder (Black) (Electronics)
I got so tired of paying direct tv $130.00 per month and then feeling like they were doing me a favor by allowing me to participate in their offering........

I bought this magnavox unit, and a good indoor digital antenna and I've got about 20 channels and don't pay a thing. I live about 50 miles from Columbus Ohio. This unit records one show at a time and you can watch one recording while recording a new one. Though the direct tv dvr used to record a couple of programs at the same time, I'll take this with no problem.

TV had taken over my life, this unit allows me to responsibly record some programs and watch them at my convenience without the tv and it's recordings taking over my every waking hour.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written manual., December 2, 2013
This review is from: Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder (Black) (Electronics)
The manual does not have the necessary steps to set up the DVR. We had to call tech support to finish the installation. Very poorly worded manual. The DVR works good once you get it set up, but is slow in scanning the channels and it pickup 2 channels instead of just one, but you can't delete the duplicate channel, it takes out both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnavox HDD Recorder, November 23, 2013
This review is from: Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder (Black) (Electronics)
Does everything it's supposed to do without any problems. This is the sixth one that I have, and all are working.

Great product, and the people at Magnavox are very helpful. ( When unplugged for a period of time sometimes resets to rating mode, You must unlock it Magnavox supplied the code via telephone).

Amazon fast shipping as usual. Questions answered by phone promptly with knowledge.

Adam

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner, November 18, 2013
This review is from: Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder (Black) (Electronics)
I have the 500 GB version of the recorder and it works great. The menu is fairly easy to navigate on the remote. It is a great advantage to have the ability to record either to blank DVD or Hard Drive. The tuner works great and is able to tune all the stations I watch. When using Hard Drive recording mode, one can also view the beginning of recording while the unit continues to record the program. The only complaint I have is the remote has small lettering and does not illuminate in dim light. I have had no problems with the unit and I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good unit that works well>, November 11, 2013
This review is from: Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder (Black) (Electronics)
I would give it 5 stars if it could record multiple channels at the same time. Otherwise, it works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I was Looking For!, October 31, 2013
This review is from: Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder (Black) (Electronics)
I wanted a way to record TV shows after ditching my cable service. This HDD/DVD recording has done the trick! I would recommend it for anyone looking to be cable or sattellite free!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Recorder, October 20, 2013
This review is from: Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder (Black) (Electronics)
I found the recorder easy to connect. The instructions that came with the unit were easy to follow. I haven't found anything that I don't like about it and I'd recommend it to a friend

‹ Previous | 14 5 622 | Next ›

Magnavox HDD/DVD Recorder  (Black)
$314.99