Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 22, 2006
DVD Disc Error after less than 6 months; DVD player is now completely unusable. Remote control is very confusing and the unit, as a whole, seems to lack any coherent or logical flow. On the plus side it is cheap, but you get what you pay for.
on September 27, 2007
Has barely functioned from the start. Better than others I have tried, but that's not necessarily a good thing. VCR absolutely doesn't work and the machine turns off when a video is inserted!
on September 28, 2003
Its a bit of a pain to get started - Probably cause I ain't so good at this stuff - But, I got the DVD going and the VCR going and it has been providing us with a lovely picture! I am very happy!
The 1st one we got was a dud - so we sent it back to you! Kudos to Amazon for a job well done with that. You guys were great!
Anyways, I'm happy now - Just can't get the remote control programmed, but, the big think. DVD with the Monster Cable Comnnection is lovely and the VCR has the nices picture I have see to this date.
Talk to you all later!
on November 12, 2004
I have a Phillips DVD player, not this particular one, and it works just fine. I've had it almost a year, but maybe I don't use mine as often as other people. I have 2 VCR's and 4 TV's that are all Magnavox, some over 10 years old and they still work. I haven't recieved this item yet, but I have just purchased it and I think it will work just fine. If you get a brand that doesn't match your TV they don't cooperate and it messes up the picture and sound so since my TV is a Magnavox this is the DVD player I'm getting. I've never had any problem with their tech support either.
on May 13, 2004
First of all, I don't understand why everybody is complaining that their Magnavox MDV530VR DVD/VCR combo suddenly broke down on them. Maybe these reviewers don't know how to use an electronic equipment, but who knows why it broke. I bought it brand new last year in May, and it continues to play every DVDs and VHS tapes that I own without any glitch or flaw. This Magnavox MDV530VR DVD/VCR combo is pretty much similar to the Philips DVD750VR, except that the Magnavox has no progressive-scan output.
I like to inform all the angry reviewers with their bad experience on their Magnavox MDV530VR. Please be aware that Philips and Magnavox do not make these DVD/VCR combos. Philips ask Funai Corporation to make and supply them with DVD/VCR combos to sell under the Philips and Magnavox brand, so don't pick on Philips or Magnavox as an unreliable brand. Funai currently makes Symphonic, Sylvania, and Emerson products.
The main reason for purchasing this combo is my positive experience with old Funai-made products. I still have my old 16 year old Symphonic VCR that has never needed repair since new, aside from belt change. I need a DVD player for my TV, so I bought this Funai-made Magnavox DVD/VCR for myself.
I find the picture quality acceptable in the Magnavox MDV530VR. Just pop in a DVD or VHS movie, and I'm good to go to enjoy the Blockbuster night with my trusty reliable Magnavox MDV530VR DVD/VCR combo.