Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
The Magnesium Miracle (Revised and Updated Edition) Paperback – December 26, 2006
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
“Clearly written and packed with information . . . a comprehensive and well-referenced guide to the myriad benefits of magnesium.”—Carolyn DeMarco, M.D., author of Take Charge of Your Body: Women’s Health Advisor
“Throughout this volume and with utmost clarity, Carolyn Dean presents invaluable recommendations—based on the latest magnesium research. Virtually every American can benefit.”—Paul Pitchford, author of Healing with Whole Foods: Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrition
“Physicians and therapists have paid scant attention to this very important element, which is also involved in maintaining our good health. The massive evidence is here in this important book on magnesium. I am pleased to have been taking magnesium for so many years.”—Abram Hoffer, M.D., author of Putting It All Together: The New Orthomolecular Nutrition
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Magnesium is therapeutic in treating the following:
1. Anxiety and panic attacks- because it helps keep adrenal stress hormones under control
2. Asthma - both histamine production and bronchial spasms increase with magnesium deficiency
3. Blood clots - magnesium prevents blood clots and thins blood without side effects.
4. Bowel disease - magnesium deficiency is one of the main causes of constipation.
5. Cystitis - bladder spasms are worsened by a magnesium deficiency.
6. Depression - serotonin (mood elevator) is dependent on magnesium for its production and function.
7. Heavy metals - magnesium is essential for the removal of heavy metals such as aluminum and lead.
8. Diabetes - magnesium facilitates the production of insulin and the transfer of glucose into the cells.
9. Fatigue - magnesium deficiency affects hundreds of enzymes, and fatigue is one of the first signs of a magnesium deficiency.
10. Heart disease - The heart requires magnesium as does all muscles.
11. Hypertension, hypoglycemia, insomnia, kidney disease, migraines, nerve problems, PMS, osteoporosis, Raynaud's syndrome, and tooth decay are all aggravated, and sometimes caused by a magnesium deficiency.
Calcium causes muscles to contract, while magnesium gives them the ability to relax.Read more ›
You are probably wondering how I can make this statement, however, it is a true fact that magnesium deficiency causes many different symptoms and even diseases, depending on the individual. Even though some people share similar symptoms, some may be extreme depending on how magnesium deficient they are due to daily nutrition. Others may have more subtle symptoms if they are getting a little more magnesium in their diet, this also includes our children, there health, and the current epidemic of obesity, autism and ADHD in our society.
However, the simple fact of the matter, and the main point of this book is that there is an epidemic in our society because of magnesium deficiency. Which has been made worse since the "Got Milk?" was licensed to the National Milk Processor Board (MilkPEP) in 1995. Other agencies following the push including to this day the NIOH (National Institutes of Health) and other government agencies who stream into the mainstream society that we don't get enough calcium in our diets when the fact is we get more than we need. Which is why people are so sick.
In the 1950's the soil used in farming had already began to be depleted of this mineral, it has only gotten worse since then. Farmers do not add this mineral to the soil and food grown in the soil do not contain this mineral and if they do it is in minuscule properties.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am impressed with the many health issues that can be improved with adequate magnesium intake. I either distill or reverse-osmosis filter my cooking and drinking water, and so I... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Sluss
This is an excellent book and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to know the amazing things magnesium does. It is written for the lay person and is easy to understand. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Kent A. Dodge
I am a magnesium believer already and learned some more about magnesium that I did not know already. I take it every night for sleep. Helps with so much more!Published 5 days ago by T. Drake
Book came as advertised; good condition, fast mailing time, good experience.Published 5 days ago by Thomas
Very informative. I need magnesium, and this book helped me to purchase the correct products, and adminisiter the correct dosage.Published 7 days ago by Pat Anderson
Excellent book, thoroughly researched, informative and easy to read. Literally everyone would benefit from reading it.Published 8 days ago by Jeannie K
I love it I hope it will bring my magnesium level up as they say it will.I love the book very informative and easy to under stand. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Amazon Customer
Life altering information. People are focused on Calcium. Without the proper ratio of Magnesium to Calcium you create many problems. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Henry Callaghan