5.0 out of 5 stars Some Useful Tips
Published on February 20, 2012 by Steve Zubal

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't make a difference for me!
I purchased the spray, lotion and the refill and soaked my feet in it as instructed (I even emailed Swanson to make sure I did it right) and I saw little (or no) difference than if I soaked my feet in warm water. I used up almost the whole 64 oz. jug. I went through almost 2 bottles of spray too.
I then bought myself some inexpensive epsom salts and soaked in that...
Published on September 22, 2010 by Unza

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Useful Tips, February 20, 2012
This review is from: Magnesium Oil 64 fl oz (1.9 l) Liquid (Health and Beauty)
I've been using this oil for a month and I could'nt be more impressed. So I thought I'd pass along some helpful info. I have sensitive, dry skin and my basic rule is: If you can't eat it don't put it on your skin. One exeption is Dr. Bronners hemp oil soaps this oil is another. At $90 a gallon I'm not about to rinse this off, it stays on until I shower. In fact I apply it right after, before my skin is fully dry. If your like me it will sting on some areas, esspecially under arms. I can't use chemical deodorants only baking soda which also stings. This oil works great as a deodorant but can cause some redness and/or irritation...I've found that aloe is 100% effective for immediate relief, (I have aloe plants) not sure about aloe gel. When used together my skin absorbs the oil more completely. I also use coconut oil on areas exposed to sunlight, the back of my neck for instance. The mag. oil alone makes that area sensitive to sunlight, add the coconut oil and it's like suntan lotion, this may be problematic for those with longer hair. For maximum absorbtion apply the mag. oil to hands feet and inner arms. I feel almost no stinging or itching when applied there. Even better soak or bathe in Epsom salts then apply the mag. oil. I've found that simply by massaging with this oil that my hands prune twice as fast and stay pruned twice as long. This indicates that the imbedded calcium (as described in reviews here) is being dissolved and the tissue is becoming saturated with magnesium. My hands are pain free and playing guitar and keyboards has never been more comfortable. Musicians and atheletes really need to check this stuff out. Apply one squirt to the back of your hands before and after playing. If you have soreness anywhere apply small amounts all day and night and occasionally take a day off and/or cycle i.e. left side one day right side the next, upper body lower body etc. Your body will absorb more readily as it becomes saturated. Remember this: magnesium goes where magnesium is. Start slow, increase use, then break for a day. I gave my nephew a spray bottle to treat an infected toe, in one week he's seen more improvment than months of antibiotic use. I also gave him calcium bentonite clay and bee propolis for anyone interested. No I'm not a doctor I'm better I'm a healer, I have'nt been to a doctor in 30 years. I don't know anyone that's been healed by a MD, I know many people that have been damaged or killed by MDs. Do yourself a favor and order this oil it will help you take charge of your health. Also try liquid mag. squirt it directly under your tounge wait a few minutes then drink several ounces of water, esspecially if you have migraines or nerve issues. Again increase slowly up to five times a day then break for up to a week then repeat. Helpful foods: celery, cucumber, (ceylon) cinnamin, coconut oil, flax seed/oil, raw almonds, raw honey. Limit sugar and dairy and think positive thoughts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, May 4, 2010
This review is from: Magnesium Oil 64 fl oz (1.9 l) Liquid (Health and Beauty)
I have tried both Ancient Minerals and Swansons. I cannot tell the difference. Thus, the far cheaper Swansons looks to be the smarter option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Migraine Relief, October 28, 2011
This review is from: Magnesium Oil 64 fl oz (1.9 l) Liquid (Health and Beauty)
One Saturday morning I woke up with the beginning twinges of a migraine in the back of my neck. I take magnesium orally
For migraine prevention, so I decided to apply the magnesium oil to the back of my neck where the pain was starting. Within five minutes the pain had stopped. It didn't come back and I didn't get a migraine. Being a migraine sufferer for 24 years, this was nothing short of a miracle for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slippery Fine Deal, October 12, 2009
Sandra Burg (Blacksburg, VA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magnesium Oil 64 fl oz (1.9 l) Liquid (Health and Beauty)
I use magnesium lotion or this oil almost daily as I can have pretty erratic results with absorption of oral magnesium supplements. This product is a great deal in terms of how much you get and how long it will last. I put it in small squeeze bottles. They suggest spray bottles, but alot can end up on the floor as it slides right off your skin if you do not rub it in immediately. I find that this oil stings more than the lotion (I have Dr Shealy's Magnesium Lotion). Definitely avoid putting it on broken skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quickly Absorbed, best value for MgCl Oil, January 3, 2011
R. Directo "HealingMindN" (Mid-Peninsula, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magnesium Oil 64 fl oz (1.9 l) Liquid (Health and Beauty)
I first learned about this oil on the electroherbalism group at yahoo. It's applied in many maladies, especially those requiring extra magnesium intake. It turns out that applying this oil externally even in small quantities is absorbed 10X more efficiently than taking oral supplements.

A little goes a long way. The recommendation is a few sprays here and there, but I just pour about 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon in my hand, rub it into my hands and slather it on.

Takes only a few minutes to absorb into the skin, but make sure you have no skin breaks or it will feel like rubbing salt into your wounds. MgCl is a salt, so you would be rubbing salt into your wounds. Be Careful! Even if you do, it washes off easily.

I compared the price on this item to all other MgCl oils, which are from the same source, but under different labels, and this is the best deal, bar none, probably because of the size of the package. Unknown if different labels have different processing, so I can only compare price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for my Fibromyalgia but ended using for my Mom's Shingles, March 18, 2011
This review is from: Magnesium Oil 64 fl oz (1.9 l) Liquid (Health and Beauty)
Wow! Saw a competotor's ad about how great this product was for FIBRO. Terribly expensive though; they warn don't use any other products ours is pure. This product comes from the same place. I'm talking about Derma-Mag their 32 oz is 58.00. Anyway received it very quickly one day ahead of schedule. My 83 Mother has had shingles since before thxgiving, making this lively little lady almost a shut in. Most pain medicine works mediocre, the shingles go from the inside of her right hip to just below her knee, well the neurotherapy does.

I did kind of steal from the other place the regimen to follow -- foot baths with 2 oz of Magnesium oil 20 minutes everydays AND spraying the Magnesium Oil on 5-6 times a day to start with. I started her on this at lunchtime one day when I came home that night she was already feeling less pain. Everyday she can do more and more. Doubtful this shingles will go away entirely but it has minimized her pain levels with this product.

Now today I am just starting it, looking forward to my results. Only one minor critism, wish the bottle came with its own sprayer so I knew for sure the dosage with each spray.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff, May 10, 2011
This review is from: Magnesium Oil 64 fl oz (1.9 l) Liquid (Health and Beauty)
This is the first time I've used magnesium oil and I won't be without it ever again. I notice a gentle relaxation when I use it. Yes, it stings me a little, but it's almost a good sting and it only lasts a few minutes. However, a friend tried some and it didn't sting her at all. She was so enamored with it I filled up a spare bottle for her. She sometimes has neck muscle cramps and this stuff nips it in the bud.

I typically use it right after a bath on my neck and shoulders. I purchased it originally because I read somewhere that it might be helpful for eczema; however, I have not noticed any improvement on the eczema front (just an FYI).

If you have any sort of cramping problems or just think you might be magnesium deficient, give this a try. I can't say enough good things about this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Next Step In My Therapy, January 3, 2011
This review is from: Magnesium Oil 64 fl oz (1.9 l) Liquid (Health and Beauty)
I have been eating what seems like a chalk stick of magnesium for a year, a 1250Mg pill 3 times a day. After only 2 weeks a major fibromyalgia symptom, the inability to be awake for more than a few minutes at a time, was being releaved. After a few months I was sleeping better than ever in my life. By ten months I was exercising and running again as I had not in 14 years since a severe car crash and chronic pain following. I did try stopping in the beginning to be scientific and I found the sleepiness returning. It has not given pain relief, also it may be more wakefulness and more activity has increased pain. It is a trade, my quality of life has improved in this recent year because of Magnesium. I discovered it after something I read and because I try everything. It is an awakening when a doctor says life as you have experienced it for 50 years filled with electric shocks and pain is not typical of the human experience.

I have been using this "oil" which is a heavy emulsion that feels oily at first but dries in a thin film. When I sprayed it on my feet the taste of it was soon in my mouth. It gives surprising relief but not all the time. It helped both surface skin pain and deeper muscle pain. I put it on my head and face since I have nerve pain in my mouth and tongue. It burned around the eyes and taste metalic (of course). I do not like keeping it on my skin too long and this cold weather makes a lot of washing a chilly experience but I will keep usingMagnesium Oil 8 fl oz (237 ml) Liquid it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Going to be a while before I use all of this..., December 25, 2012
Radio Buff (Sylmar, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magnesium Oil 64 fl oz (1.9 l) Liquid (Health and Beauty)
I rub some of this product under my arms for a deodorant. It kills bacteria but also absorbs into my skin and blood stream, apparently. The first time I applied it I woke up the next morning and my knees weren't stiff like they usually were. The magnesium oil in conjunction with zinc is the building material for synovial fluid in the joints. I got some spray bottles and gave them to friends of mine that are arthritic, they both reported that the improvement is overnight and it's quite good.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE RESTORING MAGNESIUM: The Purr Factor, February 16, 2010
This review is from: Magnesium Oil 64 fl oz (1.9 l) Liquid (Health and Beauty)
Since my cat is addicted to this product, I purchased this 64 oz refill for my spray bottles of magnesium chloride brine mined from the Zechstein Seabed buried in pristine antiquity a mile underground in The Netherlands. If you're interested, Google "ZECHSTEIN" to get to the web site of this hydro-efficient mining process. This product refills the revolutionary Swanson's Ultra Magnesium Oil 8 fl oz (237 ml) Spray used for transdermal applications (see my review on that Amazon page for insights into causes and cures of magnesium deficiency which is believed by many to be the root factor of most health problems which have names (maybe that should be "pseudonyms").*

For me, this product's potency is validated by Arzel's reaction to it. When I pick up the 8 oz bottle, and spray it into the palm of my hand, Arzel (my tortoise-shell bobtail cat), stations her furry presence at my feet, nosing upward with anticipation. She remains stationary as I rub the liquid (clear brine water with a slightly oily feel) along the fur covering her spine. As anyone knows who has lived with felines, cats do not stand (or sit) still for this type of process. Arzel exits in turbo-activated mode when I open the Clove Oil bottle... with the exception that when she has a snotty eye from an infection, she endures a drop of that oil massaged onto the top of her head (between the ears, not too near the eyes; the aromatic flow carries the essence where needed). She has learned that essential oil of cloves will usually cure an eye cold within hours. But if she doesn't have a swollen, watery eye, she'll move away from the burning intensity of concentrated clove oil. Arzel will also endure a sniff of Anise oil if she has an upset tummy... now that I think about it, she will usually snuff at the aroma of Anise even if she feels fine.

An application of Swanson's Ultra Magnesium Oil will cause Arzel to purr more loudly than under any other circumstances, with the sound fluctuating between deep rumbles and high trills. She not only allows these applications from my initiation; she periodically comes to me for more. What gave me the impulse to try this oil on Arzel was that I had recently noticed her spinal nodes had been more protruded than normal, which to me indicated the possibility of a worm type invasion. I believe that magnesium, among its impressive list or cures (check this vital book for background, The Magnesium Miracle), will remove parasites. Evidently, Arzel knows that. Or, possibly she just likes how the oil feels. As noted above, Mg oil is reputed to cure most ailments (or to prevent them when it's in adequate supply within the system). It's also promoted as a natural pain reliever and mood lifter.

I trust Arzel's reaction in this type of situation. I trust my body's response to use of this oil (and of Dr. Shealy's Biogenics Magnesium Lotion; see my review for info on that equally miraculous product).* I trust reviews posted by individuals who have used various magnesium products, and I recommend reading them as well as Googling any related topics your brain might conjure.

* In my review of the lotion hyperlinked in the above paragraph, I featured some of the pros of that product. For the sake of balance, I'll note a couple advantages of the basic brine with nothing added, over the lotion, with its enhancing ingredients blended into the Mg chloride: 1. I'm comfortable using the basic brine on teeth and gums, as recommended by Dr. Barbara Hensen on the Zechstein web site, and I'm not concerned about working with food when I have residuals of the brine on my hands. 2. I need to have on hand at least one product with nothing added or removed from the naturally occurring, pristine Magnesium Chloride brine water from the Zechstein Seabed. I have no concerns about overdoses or becoming addicted to Magnesium, but the added ingredients could potentially become problematic with extended usage.

You will find on Amazon several helpful products and books related to these issues, including Transdermal Magnesium Therapy and The Magnesium Factor. I plan to get a copies of those books and a few others when they come out on the KINDLE Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation). I do nearly all my reading on Kindle, as well as the majority of my Google searches (through the ease of Kindle's free Whispernet using Sprint's cell tower access).

I recently purchased from Amazon (using my Kindle) 5 extra bottles of the Swanson Ultra 8 oz spray, which had been reduced to the incredible price of $5 @. I keep on hand several of Swanson's unique spray bottles (their label design and information is appealing, validating, and helpful). Every time I see a sadly debilitated, deathly pale person hobbling along hooked to an oxygen bottle, I wish I could hand him a labeled spray bottle of Zechstein brine water (it wouldn't be a good idea to approach strangers in this way, but I can post reviews like this one, and I can retain a supply of this product, just in case). If not for what I've learned over the past 62 years in studies of herbs, oils, and various home remedies (driven partially by a lifetime of dealing with a hypo-functioning liver), I would be hobbling along, permanently tethered to an O2 bottle... if I could hobble at all.

Thank you, Swanson, for providing some of the best products available for building essential magnesium reserves in the body, and for offering them sometimes at give away prices. I'm hoping to be ready soon to attempt to do justice to a review Dr. Carolyn Dean's Miracle of Magnesium (linked above), which provides excellent background on why magnesium products like these have become so vital. One of my next Google searches will be on Dr. Barbara Hensen; I'd like to acknowledge her contribution to Swanson offering this product.

With Appreciation,
Linda Shelnutt
Arzel sends purrs!

FAIR HOME POLICY NOTATION: The Shelnutt household is shared with three cats, all loved equally. Ariel and Greasy generally stay in their cozy areas, whereas Arzel often follows my ramblings around the house, which is why she is accessible to sharing my health routines.

Magnesium Oil 64 fl oz (1.9 l) Liquid