Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Color: Gold|Change
Price:$3.56+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on July 14, 2011
Alas, having long nails, (and not such good eyesight anymore), trying to put-on and take-off a necklace has become a most aggravating endeavor.

To this end, ALL I CAN SAY IS: I Will Never Be Without These Magnetic Clasp Converters Ever Again!

HOW IT WORKS--

They easily attach to the ends of your necklace chain. One end of the Clasp Converter has a Lobster-claw; The other end, a ring to hook the clasp part of your necklace onto.

You hook one Lobster-claw one on one end of your necklace, and take the clasp from the other end of your necklace and attach it to the ring of the Magnetic Clasp.

The Magnetic parts meet in the middle.

THE TEST--

I ordered one package, (and one package of three will convert three necklaces). I immediately converted one of my necklaces and wore it around the house all day and night mainly because of the low-rating of the previous reviewer. I was afraid it might come off; and, if it did, I could look around the house for my necklace.

Alas, through all my daily chores, (hauling laundry, making the bed, cooking, and general clean-up/organization), I had absolutely no problem with this Clasp either coming apart or working it's way down to the front of my chest. It did move to one side or the other on the back of my neck, (approx 1"-2" on either side), but no further.

As well, I have very long hair that always seems to get caught-up in a necklace chain. Again, I had no problem with the Clasp on this end either. I'd pull the hair that got caught on the inside of the chain back out and never once did the chain come apart or feel unsubstantial.

After my chores were done, (and before it was time to start supper... geez, a woman's work is never done! *lol*), I took a 1 1/2-hour nap. Now, I don't wear my jewelry to bed, but I wanted to see if the Clasp would hold together while sleeping. And, I'm happy to report, it did. I must have turned during my nap because I woke-up in a different position than I started from. But, the necklace was still around my neck-- the Clasp having moved only as far as one side of my neck as described previously.

I've been wearing my converted necklaces all over town now... running errands, dining, and shopping (which includes trying-on clothes I have to put-on and take-off over my head), and am convinced this Clasp will not come apart lest the necklace is yanked off... and I mean 'yanked hard'... in which case, you'll 'feel' the necklace being ripped from your neck.

THE SUMMARY--

What a pleasure to have found these Magnetic Clasp Converters! I am totally sold on them. So much so, that I've already bought 3 more packages of the Gold along with 3 packages of the Silver, (I have a lot of necklaces, and jewelry in general, which is why I also had to finally buy a jewelry armoire here at Amazon as well, *lol*).

I will definitely be buying more of these Magnetic Clasp Converters in the future as I like to give necklaces as gifts, and I will NEVER AGAIN give another necklace that doesn't have this Magnetic Clasp Converter attached to it. What a treat for the recipient not to have to mess with a spring-ring or lobster-claw clasp ever again.
review image review image
on December 5, 2011
I thought purchasing Magnetic Clasps 7mm 3/Pkg: Gold was a good idea since I am totally disabled and my fine motor skills are not very fine or skillful. I did read the reviews, yet still felt I would benefit when taking my necklace off and putting it on. I was wrong because the magnets are too weak. Allow me to qualify this statement in that I normally would wear my necklace while sleeping, even possibly while showering. These tasks are not possible with these magnetic clasps, as I lose the necklace while sleeping or it falls of while showering. Both situations easily solved by taking the necklace OFF before going to sleep or taking a shower. However, I've found the necklace comes off while putting on or taking of a shirt, toweling off my face and neck or simply moving in the wrong direction too fast.

This product does make it much easier for me to put the necklace on and take it off, the quality of the product is good and the gold appearance very nice, the strength of the magnets is insufficient for my particular situation. Thus, I warn others to seriously consider "HOW" you wear your bracelet and necklace before buying. The potential risk of losing my prized necklace and pendant far outweigh whatever perceived convenience and ease of putting it on and taking it off. I will continue to rely on the lobster clasp and deal with the minor inconvenience.

The product is well made, packaged and easy to open. It is shipped and received quickly and well packaged for shipping. I found the value excellent after a search on the internet, considering I wanted only two units and in gold vs. 10 mixed gold and silver units for twice the price. Once again Amazon.com offered the highest quality product at the best price and with Prime, shipping was not a cost concern. Make your own choice based on your specific situation.
on October 12, 2010
I had purchased this for my 80 yr old Mom & thought,"wow, I could use this too!". Magnets are very strong so no worry about losing bracelets or necklaces. Only thing to remember, this will increase the length of your piece by about 1 inch, made a bracelet too long after attaching clasp.
on July 11, 2011
Mild arthritis in my hands had caused me to put away my favorite necklaces. These accessories solve that problem beautifully. The magnetic clasps are strong enough to hold even my silver & lapiz pendant securely. Great idea; great product.
on January 6, 2011
When I was wearing the clasp, I lost my necklace. It must have dropped off somewhere. I was never aware of it being caught on or tugged by anything. It was a Christmas present from my 15 y/o son, so the loss was very upsetting. I have used other magnetic clasps before with no problem. I will not use these again.
on September 11, 2010
Bought this for my Aunt's necklaces.She loves them.The magnetic on them is very good.Should have done this years ago.
on November 7, 2010
Love these clasps. I have such a hard time with tiny little necklace clasps that won't stay open while you try and hook them. These magnetic clasps make it a breeze to put your necklace on and take it off. They stay connected through my work day, even while wearing a lanyard. I recommend these to everyone!
on August 27, 2011
I purchased these thinking I was getting something that would be so great to clasp my necklaces easily..Not so Much!! The first day I used one of them I lost the necklace three times. Lucky for me I was with family and they noticed when the necklace fell off. I would definitely not recommend these!!!
on March 21, 2013
These things do NOT work! The slightest pressure or tug and they pop loose. Heavy necklace? Forget it! Choker necklace: pops loose constantly! Save your money .. a much better alternative are the heavy duty magnetic clasps sold at Solutions.com ..
on July 27, 2012
The description for these magnetic clasps said and showed that there were 3 in the package. There were only 2! When I contacted the seller, he said he wanted me happy as a customer, agreed that I had been shorted by 1/3 of my products ordered, and refused to make it right by sending me another clasp. He offered me a 10% discount on my NEXT purchase!! I would never purchase from this seller again. This is the first time I have ever been ripped off purchasing through Amazon.com.

See 1 answered question