Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on March 15, 2016
This is pretty strong. I'm not sure I'd trust it like, sticking to my car and driving with it without some kind of anchor, but sticking it nearly anywhere else it sticks would work pretty well I imagine.

Note that if you DO try sticking it to a car, you're going to want to put duct tape on the bottom or it will probably scratch your finish.
on March 12, 2016
Stays put on uneven metal surfaces where suction cups can't get a grip. Sometimes poor surfaces, rust, or contamination can cause suction cups to suddenly release their grip --not good for a GoPro! This magnetic mount works great.
on January 27, 2014
There is a strong, visible magnet under the chrome dish. Product claims to have a 50lb force, and i believe it. No question as to the magnet power. It might be wise to put some felt under the chrome lip before mounting it to your newer car though, just a thin layer, so it doesnt scratch anything. I used a paper towel my first use and it seemed ok for the short test run i made. The mount can be difficult to get the camera out after it has been inserted. Ive found it best to leave the go pro mount in the magnet mount and just undo the set screw.
on April 14, 2014
Sturdy magnet which will serve the purposed that I intend to use it for. Unlike some reviews I have had no issues removing the GoPro bracket that snaps in to the magnet. Probably could have put one of these together myself for half the price. Its just the adhesive (aftermarket) GoPro fastener and a magnet.
on May 28, 2014
This attached to my vehicle very securely and held the GoPro well at high speeds. You will need to adapt for the amount of noise the camera picks up when driving and it is attached to the outside metal of your vehicle.
on May 29, 2014
It holds very well but take extra caution when attempting to remove. IT WILL SCRATCH your car's paint!!! For some that alone may be a factor to consider something else.

To help eliminate this problem I would recommend . . .

a. Make it so the magnet breaks the plain of the frame. As built now the frame touches the surface you're adhering to. It's the frame that scratches! The risk of scratching paint should be reduced if the magnet touches the surface.

b. Build handles for the fingers on both sides of the frame to lift the magnet. Removing should be considerably easier thereby reducing the risk of scratching paint.

My 2¢
on July 10, 2014
Very strong and sturdy! This mount can attach itself to most magnetic metals, but requires a bit of force to remove from the object it's attached to.

However, once attached, it keeps the camera steady and never comes off!

Definitely worth the purchase price!
on April 1, 2015
One strong magnet. Keep away from pacemakers. Be sure you don't mind scratching up whatever surface you put it on. Do like other reviewers say, put a piece of cloth between the magnet and your vehicle.
on April 24, 2015
Strong mount, I have yet to test it on my car or helicopter, but it is definitely worth the price. I read reviews about the mount scratching paint, so I have only tested it on my bumpers or parts of my truck that are already roughed up.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2014
Worked awesomely for what I wanted and I was able to get the undercarriage shots I was looking for.