Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Size: California KingColor: Dark GreyChange

on July 1, 2009
I ordered the chocolate sheets and they are a rich dark brown. They did not fade with washing and are very soft. We have a thick mattress with a pillow top and it was easy to stretch the fitted sheet over the mattress.

Sometimes when you buy new sheets they come out of the package smelling like a chemical process. These sheets smelled natural and clean right out of the re-usable bag.

**** 2011 Update****
I have used these sheets daily for 2 years now. While the brown has faded slightly with weekly washings, I remain very happy with them.

**** 2013 Update ****
Still going strong! Couldn't be happier. Thanks for all the helpful votes!

**** October 31, 2013 ****
I just put the sheets on the bed tonight and found 2 holes. I'm sad but considering I ordered these on June 22, 2009 I'm happy with the quality. I really did use the sheets every day for over 4 years. I'm saddened that the price has gone up substantially (40%) in the last 4 years.

To answer the questions about the dryer and shrinkage - I dry them on a regular cotton cycle for 60 minutes. I guess I never read the directions that apparently say to line dry them. They do need some gentle stretching to pull them over the last corner but it has never bothered me. I have always accepted this as the norm for sheets on a pillow top mattress.
88 comments270 of 274 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2012
We bought an organic bed from Savvy Rest a couple of weeks ago after reading about all of the horrible flame retardants and chemicals and other off-gas things that go in your standard mattresses. So then, I figured I should go ahead and get some organic sheets, if I was going to spend all that money on the organic mattress.

And, you know, I went from using 1200 thread count non-organic sheets to these 300 thread count organic sheets, and I gotta say, there is a definite noticeable difference. These sheets are fine, but they aren't satiny smooth and irresistible like the 1200 thread counts. I looked for a higher thread count in the organic but it gets prohibitively expensive, so I stuck with the 300 tc.

I washed and dried these in the dryer (even though it says not to), and the sheets came out a little wrinkly but not terrible, and they fit the king bed perfectly. I got the dark grey, and it looks a bit manly but the color is really beautiful. They come in a nice cotton messenger bag, which I used to carry some things over to my friends house, and my friend commented on my "hipster carry bag."

So basically, only drawback is the thread count and the mistaken hipster identity. But everything else is great.

EDIT FOR 2015: It's been three years since I wrote this review, and guess what -- these sheets are in the same exact condition that I bought them in! Unbelievable. Granted, I probably only wash these sheets like once a month since I alternate with another set of sheets, but that's still 36 wash/dry cycles (I definitely always dry them in the dryer, ain't nobody got time to air dry king size sheets).
11 comment83 of 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2009
These sheets replaced a set that were 3 times the price and 3 times the thread count and they still are unequivocally superior in quality and comfort. A true bargain at these prices, I would recommend ordering a couple of sets now before Magnolia Organics becomes a household name and starts charging what these sheets should really go for.
0Comment51 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2009
We ordered the chocolate pinstripe sheet set, and we love it! The sheets are soft and luxurious, and the color is a deep, rich brown. Plus, it comes in a reusable bag. We have washed the sheets repeatedly, and they look and feel as good as ever. Very highly recommended!
11 comment29 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2010
These are nice sheets and of good quality but if you're looking for a soft, very smooth material this is not it. The price is great for organic cotton however, it feels scratchy against my face. The sage color looks nicer than I expected. I like these okay, will keep using the ones I bought but will not purchase another set.
11 comment36 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2010
The sheets are very nice but when I went to wash them I was surprised that I could not place them in the dryer. I hung them around the house and overnight they were dry. They feel soft and I am pleased.
11 comment18 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2010
These sheets are good quality, but the "cream" color I ordered is definitely yellow. It doesn't match with any of the other unbleached/ivory/cream bedding that we already have. I would call the color "butter". Also, they have tiny squares on them, which I did not expect.
11 comment15 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2011
I had wanted organic cotton sheets for a long time, but didn't want to spend an obscene amount of money. When I foudn these and read all the great reviews, I cautiously ordered a set in Morrocan Blue. The color is absolutely gorgeous and the sheets are quite soft. I've washed them 3 times without any fading or noticable wear. They fit very well on my bed (they are actually a bit big, as I don't have a pillowtop mattress) and are very comfortable to sleep on. I also loved the little cotton messanger bag they came in. I love this brand.
11 comment16 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2009
I've been buying these for years, and these sheets are a steal. Organic? Fair labor? In addition to which they have the basics covered nicely: they are more than deep enough for my mattress, are sewn well, feel great to sleep on, and the chocolate pinstripes are pretty. I've already been complimented on the bag they shipped in, which I'm using grocery shopping!
Updated: I have now bought these in chocolate (narrow stripes), dark grey (window pane pattern woven in), and moroccan blue (square dots).
on July 23, 2011
I really liked the chocolate color- it's REALLY dark. And I liked the fact that these sheets are made from organic cotton because I didn't want chemically treated sheets. BUT... two downfalls... you're not supposed to dry these in the dryer, which is inconvenient to always have to air dry them. And after washing them when they arrived, we made the bed and took the first trial run to see if these were going to be our dream sheets... they weren't very soft at all. I read other reviewers saying they get softer with time, but I didn't want to wait 6 months because then I wouldn't be able to return them if they still weren't soft. After a second wash, they were still a little scratchy. I returned them, losing $8 in shipping, but I got the rest of my money back promptly.