5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots!
Published 10 months ago by Thornbridge

3.0 out of 5 stars Larger and thicker than they appear.
I got the side zip waterproof version. They are comfortable... But they are thickly padded and quite honestly look like snow boots. The toe is so thick that I cannot wear them on my motorcycle because the toe won't fit under the shifter. The tongue is unnecessarily padded.

They were not what I expected.
Published 20 days ago by Daniel Kerwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots!, November 20, 2013
I had purchased these boots for and upcoming paintball weekend. I wanted something with great grip, a full ankle and LIGHT. I got just what I was hoping for. I've owned running shoes that are heavier than these boots. The Mag's are very light, feel good on my feet and grip very well. I didn't have a chance to break the boots in before playing 10+ hours over the weekend, but they performed great and stayed comfy throughout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Final Review - Updated, July 8, 2014
This review is from: Magnum Men's Mach 1 8.0 Tactical Boot (Shoes)
I ordered my usual size and they came in small. Returned them for one size larger than I normally wear. I also opted for the side-zip model. I wore the new size for the first time earlier this week and while the lower, foot portion of the boot is quite comfortable, albeit stiff, the portion right at the ankle and going up, seems to be TOO STIFF. I would normally consider this a good thing as that support is the entire reason for going with an eight-inch boot. However, once I returned to base camp and removed the boots, It was clear that the uppers were digging in and cutting off circulation to my feet. I'm not looking forward to putting them on again until I can figure out a good way to break them in or loosen them up a bit. I will re-evaluate once I get past this little bump-in-the-road
*** UPDATE ***
Okay, I've worn the boots now for a few more days, and they feel much better. They still hurt my inner-ankle bones, but I think that this too shall pass. I've updated my rating to 4-stars.

*** FINAL UPDATE 8/1/14 ***
I was able to take the boots out to the field for a week and I am really quite satisfied with how these boots adapted to me. After ensuring that I had quality hiking socks, and that the laces were properly adjusted, the fit issues cleared up as I was hoping they would. They are now a very comfortable boot and are a pleasure to wear. I cannot speak about the waterproofing, as I haven't had the situation come up to test them, but based on everything else regarding the boots, I'm sure they'll handle simple stream fording or unexpected puddle-jumping without issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too small, February 21, 2014
Great boot line, lightweight but, ran small. Returned for a larger size with the side zip, since that's what I'm used to wearing in the Magnum line. LE Pro, I have to do lots of urban walking & I like Magnum's boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, February 13, 2014
Have been using magnum boots for some time and these are the best boot yet. On my feet for hours and these feel just like a gym shoe.

3.0 out of 5 stars Larger and thicker than they appear., August 31, 2014

They were not what I expected.

3.0 out of 5 stars You need the side zipper. TRUST ME!, August 12, 2014
I had to purchase these boots twice. I'm only giving three stars... Why? Because I ordered the first pair without the side zip. Big mistake as these boots are almost impossible to get on without the side zip. I am in a hurry from running late most of the time so I need to be able to slip my foot in my boot and keep it moving. I decided to keep the zipless boots for back up. Other than that minor detail, the boots are very comfortable and last me from an 8 to 16 hour workday most of which has me walking on hard surfaces. My feet are comfortable and that is important to me. I ordered a slight size bigger than my normal size as I didn't want the integrity of the boot to damage my pedicure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 22, 2014
Looks good, feels great, just need a lil ventilation. Perfect working boots in my opinion, as an EMT. Price is right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable for all day wearing, June 14, 2014
Best pair of boots for the money you can buy comfort like no other honestly they feel like sneakers 13ww awesome quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, March 29, 2014
Man I love these shoes they are light weight. It feels like you are wearing tennis shoes I'm buying at least one more pair(just for back up)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable!, March 14, 2014
Over the years I have bought many duty/combat type boots for work. These fit well right out of the box and are very comfortable with no "break in" period needed. I have had these boots now for a few months and they seem to be holding up well...so far. I would recommend these boots.

Magnum Men's Mach 1 8.0 Tactical Boot