4.0 out of 5 stars Good work boot

Published on December 3, 2008 by R. Mielke

2.0 out of 5 stars Viper that bites your wallet, December 3, 2008
R. Mielke "2%" (VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magnum Men's Viper II 6'' WP Boot (Apparel)
Altought the Magnum Men's Viper II 6" WP Boot is very confortablea and is very good looking. They do seem, or maybe it's just my pair, have a very low durability problem. Having the boot for only 6 months and the nylon areas or breaking apart and the top boot coating is off most of my left boot. I do use it for work and riding but not to the point that the boots should be falling apart so fast. This boot is just not working out and now I'm forced to starting looking for a new pair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good work boot, October 8, 2012
Hi-Tech stopped making the Midnight boot so I had to find another boot for work. I change them out at least every 6 months. This Viper II lasts 6 months of daily walking. It is a good boot. I only wish they would make the rear a tad bit higher. It is easy to put on, but would be easier if the back was higher. Overall a good boot for daily use. Even in the rain my feet stay dry. Unless it rains all day. Then water will get in eventually as it runs down your leg.

3.0 out of 5 stars incorrect sizing information, November 7, 2012
The sizing info was not accurate. I bought the size that should fit me but when they arrived they were far too small. I tried to send boots back but it was going to cost me $75 AUD so I bought another pair with the next size up. If you buy these shoes I suggest you either try them on in a shop first or get 1 size bigger than you would usually wear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Magnum Viper II 6", June 25, 2011
The standard inner sole is inadequate. Bought Dr. Scholl's inserts for more comfort. Where foot bends across the front at the sides of the shoe, there is a crease which looks like it may separate the leather from the mesh material, although it hasn't yet. I have worn these shoes for about four weeks. With the built-in air cushion and supposed more arch support, this shoe feels more comfortable than my previous pair of Addidas and the pain in my feet seems to be reduced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good working boots, May 17, 2013
Like these boots, have come in handy when bike riding also, have really good support. These boots really give you a lot of comfort

5.0 out of 5 stars Light or Durable... Can't have both, December 6, 2010
This review is from: Magnum Men's Viper II 6'' WP Boot (Apparel)
These are excellent boots if you are in a security/law enforcement position.

I have had them over 5 months now working at an airport and they are as light as shoes. The initial arch support is excellent, so make sure you get your correct size! They are true to fit, and you shouldn't order a size bigger than you actually are like I thought I should. The arch support compresses like much of the rest of the boot, but that is correctable with triads or some other type of insole that fits very well inside. They polish nicely, and let the foot breath.

They only negative I have is how the laces shred and the "state of the art" plastic lace holes sand away. This again is correctable with magnum custom fit boot laces sold right here on Amazon.

But keep in mind this IS NOT A TRUE WORK BOOT. It is mainly for standing/patrolling positions and isn't intended for construction, hiking, etc. It is made to be light.... NOT DURABLE. Since I do work at the airport, wear on sole is almost nonexistent.

Again, for law enforcement/security I give it five stars (which is the companies intended demographic for this boot)

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good Poor Quality, January 21, 2015
It took awhile for me to write this review because I wanted to be fair and due to the fact that I currently have and alternate between several duty boots made by various manufactures (Rocky seems to be the most comfortable and best made) This boot was fairly comfortable after the brake-in period but I noticed the width seemed way too wide to be a Med. I tried on another pair from a different retailer to be certain that my pair was not inadvertently labeled medium when it wore like a wide width. Ok so I wore my pair with thick and heavy socks for a better fit. After 8-10 months, of occasional use I noticed the sole started separating around the side of the boot to the point where I just stopped wearing them, this happened with very light usage. I would not recommend this boot for the reasons mentioned, they are poorly made and the width was too wide and not a true medium. If they got their Quality Control act together I would recommend this boot

5.0 out of 5 stars These are by far the most comfortable work boots I have ever owned, December 10, 2014
These are by far the most comfortable work boots I have ever owned. The air cushioning in the sole is what stands out on these for someone who is on their feet all day and especially if you are on a concrete surface like in a warehouse. I put the Spenco heavy duty insoles in and the boots are like walking on air. This is my fourth pair of these boots over the years and I'm still very happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best boot ever!, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Magnum Men's Viper II 6'' WP Boot (Apparel)
I bought these at sports authority for $49.95 and put them on and they fit perfectly and bought them. I have worn them for over 40hrs/week for 17 months. They just fell apart..literally...sole came off halfway, but I loved them so much I used a hot glue gun to keep them going a bit longer. Kept my feet perfectly dry when walking in deep puddles, warm and dry in snow..and my feet never became wet from sweat. I'm an busy EMT working in Newark, NJ and NYC, and I beat my shoes to death. I am sorry to see them being discontinued and I've tried Danner, Bates and they were too stiff and needed a break in period. I don't want blisters..I want boots I can slip on and go comfortably right out of the box and these were just like that. The side zipper broke 9 months into it on the left foot and now I am looking for magnums without a side zipper. I will always buy Magnums, nothing else EVER.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome boots., December 11, 2013
Took me a few brands/models to find the right one. I work in law enforcement and spend a lot of time in my boots. I'm on my third pair now. I have no desire to try anything else. Comfortable out of the box and plenty of support.

Magnum Men's Viper II 6'' WP Boot